You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss

Regardless of the guesses as to this being a good deal for the club it still needs to be questioned. It's a unique arrangement and hasn't been explained by the club very well at all.

Going back to my post on page three, these owners should absolutely be questioned and scrutinised. I hope SOS completely ignore the people saying the owners should be left alone, that there's no questions to answer.

Questions is what this thread should be about but as always on this site it turns into attacks on SOS for more general issues.

Also, every SOS member is a supporter, they can use the word supporters all they like, fucking deal with it. They never say all supporters so they're not speaking for you.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think, without bothering to look, that the magic number is 10%. You've got to declare owners with 10% or more. I think.

Here's the rules - I'm not sure what I said is right

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/FARegulations/NewsAndFeatures/2009/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/FAFitProperRegs1011.ashx/FAFitProperRegs1011.pdf

Problem is, in their lack of wisdom, they've not made the pdf searchable and I can't be arsed to read it. It says something about 30%.

I think, without bothering to look, that the magic number is 10%. You've got to declare owners with 10% or more. I think.

Thanks for that.

I would have assumed that anyone with an interest in a club ( no matter how small) would be at least registered with the FA.

If Lebron has a direct interest in the club, i would have thought that the FA would be aware of the amount, otherwise whats to stop salubrious characters ( say Kim Jong Il ) purchasing a small percentage of clubs?

It's not even close to the same thing, it's a pointless question code.

Its not really different at all, who cares who own insignificant stakes like that at the club through FSG or whatever they are called these days?

Please name all out owners now for a start?

The main difference is that by getting Lebron onboard we hope to open up a new market and by that generating more money to the club both directly and even more indirectly.

If SOS cant see this then they are even more misguided than I thought in the first place.

Its not really different at all, who cares who own insignificant stakes like that at the club through FSG or whatever they are called these days?

Please name all out owners now for a start?

The main difference is that by getting Lebron onboard we hope to open up a new market and by that generating more money to the club both directly and even more indirectly.

If SOS cant see this then they are even more misguided than I thought in the first place.

People knew that FSG are a sort of consortium, so have accepted a little bit of secrecy on behalf of all the members. However, once the club has been purchased, I don't think little bits of it should be given away to anyone without full notification.

It's absolutely ludicrous that you would think this was OK.

And yes, if JWH gave 0.5% to Linda, I'd want to know about it, as should all fans.

You can't just say this has been done to make money for the club, and then expect that to end the debate.

For starters, we're probably already bigger in Asia than Lebron James anyway. The American market is, after all, the American market and I don't think anyone will make a killing from sales over there. They have too many sports teams of their own to follow and the country is on it's arse financially.

So what is in it for us? Not speculation and made up figures, but where does this fit into their business plan, what is best case scenario as far as they are concerned.

Like I asked earlier in this thread, what happens if the Red Sox's start player is stalling on a new contract unless it includes a percentage of us in the bargain?

We definitely need some things clearing up.

With everything that has happened to us since Feb 07, you'd have to be the biggest mong on earth to not have any interest in this whatsoever. Step forward code.

why does the club need James lebron! If he wants to put some money in then good ! but what people are forgetting we have liverpools greatest asset as manager, stevie Gerard is still a pull, Ian Rush, John aldridge to name a few all well known in asia sorry but if James lebron gets more people to a liverpool shop in aisa then kenny dalglish you can stuff ya money.

I feel theres more important stuff to concentrate on at first, what about residents of anfield there left in a mess while were worried about selling shirts in asia dont get me wrong I understand the money side , but lets get here sorted first

As for sos why do people slag them after our last two owners as fans havent we got a right to know whats going on

TRANSPARENT thats what we need to be, and if werner is suddenley not talking to them then you have to ask why!

Guest ShoePiss

code it's not the same thing because we don't know what percentage of the club has been given to him, we've read that it's a minority stake but we don't know the details.

I'd like a bit of info on this deal. SOS are going to ask the question. GREAT.

Guest ShoePiss
People knew that FSG are a sort of consortium, so have accepted a little bit of secrecy on behalf of all the members. However, once the club has been purchased, I don't think little bits of it should be given away to anyone without full notification.

And yes, if JWH gave 0.5% to Linda, I'd want to know about it, as should all fans.

You can't just say this has been done to make money for the club, and then expect that to end the debate.

For starters, we're probably already bigger in Asia than Lebron James anyway. The American market is, after all, the American market and I don't think anyone will make a killing from sales over there. They have too many sports teams of their own to follow and the country is on it's arse financially.

So what is in it for us? Not speculation and made up figures, but where does this fit into their business plan, what is best case scenario as far as they are concerned.

Like I asked earlier in this thread, what happens if the Red Sox's start player is stalling on a new contract unless it includes a percentage of us in the bargain?

With everything that has happened to us since Feb 07, you'd have to be the biggest mong on earth to not have any interest in this whatsoever. Step forward code.

Great post.

I thought it was deemed Lebron James was the biggest sports name in both the US and Asia.

I would be interested to know if we are actually a bigger name then him or not in Asia.

Another note on what money Lebron would be making for the club is in terms of merchandise sales in the US and Asia will increase with Lebron James advertising it.

Another thing to take into account is sponsorship deals the club also will be looking to attract will look far more appealing to a potential sponsor if we have 1 of the biggest sports stars in the US and Asia endorsing it.

I can fully understand SOS wanting to know why Lebron James was given a percentage of the club and in all fairness i too want to know.

This is not to say i am against the deal, far from it because i can clearly see the huge benefits this can bring to the club in potential future earnings.

Guest ShoePiss

That's it though coop, for some weird reason it's automatically assumed that if you want answers you're against the idea.

When the story first broke I was confused, after a bit of thought I started to guess what their motives may be and how it might possibly benefit us.

Just because I think there's a chance it might benefit us doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked, it's not like there's a demand for answers to every move they make, this is a unique business deal.

That's it though coop, for some weird reason it's automatically assumed that if you want answers you're against the idea.

When the story first broke I was confused, after a bit of thought I started to guess what their motives may be and how it might possibly benefit us.

Just because I think there's a chance it might benefit us doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked, it's not like there's a demand for answers to every move they make, this is a unique business deal.

Agree mate.

It would be a dangerous attitude to adopt if we just nodded our head at every deal the new owners agreed to but also i don't think we should be going about interrogating everything they do (not that i think SOS in this instant are).

I wouldn't expect FSG to tell us everything they do and in all fairness i wouldn't insult them by asking such a question but a little bit of transparency would be a good thing if done in moderation.

Its pretty obvious the owners are here to make money and it would be very naive to think otherwise.

Going from what i have read and seen of how NESV/FSG act i would imagine the way they will make the cash is selling the club after they have raised its profile by winning trophies and improving the cash inflow via better marketing/sponsorship etc.

This might take years to do so and to sell us for such a high dividend that makes it all worthwhile then we would have to be in far better shape then they bought us.

Obviously by us doing well will also raise the profile of FSG and open doors which may well have been shut for them in the past and they have already spoken about how Lebron James will do exactly this for them.

Has anyone even thought this could be used a ploy to circumvent FIFA/UEFA rules of investment ? As smaller inputs of cash from more sources would surely comply with the rules a little better than one investor putting in say 100m, if it was split from 2 or 3 "investors" of around 30m each ? for example an "NBA stars private box" Instead of a Roman Abramovich 250m play fund ?

I see it as more of forwards thinking as opposed to just "giving away" a percentage of a club that they actually own ...

In my opinion, it may attract a few more "stars" to try get in on the scene thus giving the club and Kenny more spending clout in the summer .

I just don't understand why this has to be seen as doom and gloom by SOS again.

Why not?

Its not the club who would get the money for those shares either way, its the shareholders who sell or give away their shares.

and like I said in one of the posts above, name all our shareholders and please tell me how they benefit the club in any kind of way.

Why is it ridiculous? I understand how this will benefit the club and I cant think of a single negative but just loads of positives.

We can only speculate how much money this will indirectly generate to the club but in a best case scenario it could be like if we signed Messi, Ronaldo and Etoo all at once in indirect income to the club through increase in popularity.

The negative effect? I cant see any to be honest.

Why on earth should we? Its insignificant in the grand scheme of things, if someone owns a share of 0,5-1% in the club, we dont even know if its that much in this case.

It will have no effect whatsoever on us fans, the only effect it could have is that it might help us increase our revenue because of this link and I`m not really worried about that if I`m honest.

Why not?

Thats why its happened and thats why the name Liverpool has been brought into it, its a win-win situation for all involved.

Lebron who is rated the second most influental sports personality behind Lance Armstrong gets into a new market and so does Liverpool FC, there are no losers as you cant lose something you never had before.

Probably? I`ll put my faith in Ayre and our owners on this one if you dont mind, I really think they have a bit more weight behind their analysis than someone who probably know as little about Lebron as myself.

For Liverpool FC increased income is whats in it, how much we can only speculate about.

What do the club risk by indirectly getting involved in this deal, I`d say fuck all as we dont give away anything other than being linked with Lebron through his involvement in this deal.

Good for him, it would most likely never happen, but it might generate even more income for the club, who knows, cant see many negatives in it though, like I asked before, please name our current owners?

Its normal for loads of companies to give shares to their employees.

What if we were on the London Stock Exachange, would SOS be writing letters every time there were trades in our stock?

Do we really?

Before we got any feedback on this I had a pretty good understanding of the situation when it came to positives and negatives.

After some answers and more information those thoughts were pretty much confirmed, do I really need any more clearing up than that, not really.

You mean after we got the owners I never trusted from day 1, the ones I said would be a disaster for the club from before they bought us.

I`ll let the future decide who is the biggest mong, its not going to be me though, it never is in case you wondered about that.

I don't think FSG have put a foot wrong so far and I think we owe them the courtesy of not crawling up their arse whenever we hear a half-truth mentioned in the press, and demanding to speak to John Henry about it.

It's not a problem until it's a problem, we've only ever got a portion of the truth, and by meddling we could be shooting ourself in the foot and scuppering what could be a brilliant deal for FSG, and may also be brilliant for us in the long-term.

SOS and others did all supporters proud in the great struggle to help get rid of Gillett and Hicks. Now it looks a bit like an organization without a cause to me (I know there will always be things to do, but I don't see any compelling great cause to unite the fans and fight for, as before).

I think the fan ownership share is a difficult one. For starters, it is easier to have pledged money than real money. If SOS had a serious sum in the bank, indicating serious people with a serious proposition in mind, then that's one thing. But pledges and promises do not have the same weight.

As for the Lebron James thing, it seems fine at face value to me. I would imagine it is some sort of mutual benefit thing, whereby each party helps to raise the profile and revenue of the other in various markets around the world. This is precisely the sort of thing we need to be doing if we are serious about raising revenue and competing at the highest level anyway.

While there is obviously a long way to go, thus far FSG have been fine for us. They have removed the debt. They have appointed the right manager. They have brought in a good no.2 for Kenny in Steve Clarke, the academy is going well and kids are getting a chance, Carroll and Suarez look inspired signings, we have been told more is to come and that they want to win. Summer will reveal yet more about our owners, but so far so good to my eyes.

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah I'll sum it up for you. Whenever SOS post on this board the same old come out, ignore whatever the message is, repeat untruths and generally slag off the union.

You're either with us or against us is the mantra from the SOS opposition.

Yeah I'll sum it up for you. Whenever SOS post on this board the same old come out, ignore whatever the message is, repeat untruths and generally slag off the union.

You're either with us or against us is the mantra from the SOS opposition.

That's utter bollocks