You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I can honestly say I have never been as excited watching an episode of TV than that one I've just watched. I accepted the previous "mistakes" or plot holes or whatever your want to call them, and just watched this one for what it was and it was magnificent.

It was played up in the previous episodes, with people saying

Cersei is a mad cunt, etc. It also sort of switched Cersei’s view quite a bit. She was fucking him in front of people and didn’t give a fuck who knew about them the other week. Then there she is... basically threatening to kill him.

So less of a surprise but I’m glad it happened.

Still really satisfying actually seeing Cersei deserted by the person she loves the most.. and the probably person who loves her most.

I will rewatch it later. I was pretty tired whilst watching it.

Why is the fucking dragon’s breath luminous blue? I guess because it is the same magic in the eyes? But still got Fire?

I dunno. I was expecting it to trap things in ice, for some reason

I'm fed up of not being able to say anything already so will do this :

####

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

####

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

####

SPOILER TO FOLLOW

####

Blue makes sense.

What's the hottest part of a flame? The blue section closest to the source.

Just annoys me that we have to wait potentially 2 years for the final series.

Why annoy you? I mean, I want to watch it tomorrow, but Theres a fuck load of work that goes into these episodes, so I’m not shocked. I don’t think it’ll be two years. But still, it’s such a huge scale that I’m not pissed off at them.

That big fan whinge last year about it only being seven episodes long couldn't have been more wrong: it was absolutely fantastic. They were right to go for longer episodes rather than compromise the plot/drama by stringing it out to ten.

I think they could have made 10 without Just stringing it out. The Littlefinger, Stark sisters thing could have been done way better, without reducing littlefinger to a nothing part. The battles could have been more time appropriate . I don’t mind though, it certainly felt like a full season.

What the fuck happened at Castely Rock? Grey Worm has taken it and sees Euron's boats arrive, it's hinted at that shit has hit the fan there and then when we next see Greyworm and the unsullied they are at Kings Landing as is Euron and the whole potential battle is not even mentioned. Surely I've missed something here? Still things are set up nicely for the finale, shame it's likely to be living vs white walkers rather than a legit fight for the iron throne.

So we think Tyrion has made some kind of deal with Cersei as well?

I think the pacing was just weird. Some stuff was rushed through whereas nothing happened at Winterfell for the whole series until the last episode, the Greyjoy siblings storyline was tacked on at the end. Characters such as Bran, Varys, Brienne did a whole pile of fuck all, all season. The simultaneous timeline issues are not unique to this season but seem exacerbated due to rushed pacing.

But again, I'm just whingeing about some of the finer details, it's still very good. The last season can't arrive soon enough.

That big fan whinge last year about it only being seven episodes long couldn't have been more wrong: it was absolutely fantastic. They were right to go for longer episodes rather than compromise the plot/drama by stringing it out to ten.

I diagree on that mate. I feel that the plot and storyline could have been improved with a bit more patient pacing. The fact that the reasoning behind the reduced episodes being financial indicates to me that the creators agree.

Only a couple of hours short in the end with the longer episodes, I think it would have helped flesh things out but not change things too much. That said, making TV like this, with these visuals, costumes, cast numbers, etc, must be ridiculously expensive. There’s only so much you can do.

That was a bit meh from me and I really love the show. I think I was expecting a big battle or the living vs dead now and next season to continue with the iron throne, now as it stands I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone die and the Night King to be on the iron throne at the end.

I've enjoyed this season but this didn't feel like a big finale, as some have said quite a fair bit was predictable and quite a fair bit was rushed.

*Spoiler*

I thought that Cersai gave the order to kill Jamie when she nodded her head and I shouted "fuck no" but it seems she nodded for him to leave. There were no other big shocks or anything like that, I knew LittleFinger was done for when he started looking all smug when they were charging Arya. I don't think I can wait until 2019 for the end of it.