You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Boring.

The flashbacks from Bran are intriguing but everything else was just pedestrian like.

I bet Sam gives the sword to Jon to use.

Gutted she didn't do the walk of shame. How beautiful it would have been to see some soft breast skin.

Guest Pistonbroke

That last series was slow but the story lines have to be built up and they are doing a good job. The wait for action will be worth it. 

Boring.

The flashbacks from Bran are intriguing but everything else was just pedestrian like.

I bet Sam gives the sword to Jon to use.

Gutted she didn't do the walk of shame. How beautiful it would have been to see some soft breast skin.

But Jon has longclaw, also a valyrian sword so I doubt he'll need heartsbane. Also,Sam is headed to old town to become a maester and it's in the opposite direction to the north.

But Jon has longclaw, also a valyrian sword so I doubt he'll need heartsbane. Also,Sam is headed to old town to become a maester and it's in the opposite direction to the north.

Longclaw, Heartsbane ? Bollocks to that, I'd name my sword something fearsome like Twatfucker or Cockchopper. Tyrion would approve.

Sam will definitely die at some point. Too much of a gift of a heartstring puller for him not to.

He'll be the season seven Hodor. Or eight.

Doubt anyone will give a shit if the wobbly pile of lard carks it, he's an unlikeable, cowardly, whiny little turd. Hodor was ten times the man Samwell “i've never seen a clunge” Tarley will ever be. His father has him sussed.

Guest Pistonbroke

Does anyone else think that the High Sparrow is far too clever for Cersei and a right sneaky bastard  to boot?

I reckon that Cersei is going to bite off more than she can chew. She's going to choose trial by combat at her trial due to the fact she can use Frankenstein The Mountain. The High Sparrow has already brain washed Magaery and in doing so made sure she got Tommen to side with her and himself when Jamie Lannister and his mob turned up. I have a feeling he is way ahead of the game and when Cersei and The Moutain tuen up for the Trial by Combat his opponent will be a brainwashed Tommen or maybe Loras Tyrell which would certainly kill off any alliance between High Garden and Kings Landing. 

Does anyone else think that the High Sparrow is far too clever for Cersei and a right sneaky bastard  to boot?

I reckon that Cersei is going to bite off more than she can chew. She's going to choose trial by combat at her trial due to the fact she can use Frankenstein The Mountain. The High Sparrow has already brain washed Magaery and in doing so made sure she got Tommen to side with her and himself when Jamie Lannister and his mob turned up. I have a feeling he is way ahead of the game and when Cersei and The Moutain tuen up for the Trial by Combat his opponent will be a brainwashed Tommen or maybe Loras Tyrell which would certainly kill off any alliance between High Garden and Kings Landing.

What do you reckon the chances are of the High Sparrow being more than a lowly shoemaker in his past life, connected to someone who would have beef with the Lannisters? It seems to me (total gut feeling, not based on anything concrete) that the whole religious angle is a means to an end rather than the be all and end all.

Total flight of fantasy here, but what if the Lannisters didn't totally wipe out the Reynes of Castamere?

It was a necessary filler episode in my view, the Tarly family re-union was a bit predictable and tedious. No Jon Snow or Tyrion and barely any Danaerys was a big part of that but enjoyed the welcome return of Walder Frey.

I reckon they will build up a few showdowns now for the next 3 or 4 episodes and then some people are gonna die.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought the dany scene was epic as fuck. As, I thought, was the opening scene. Uncle B coming back was great. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Same. Not sure what these lads are watching. Benjen alone was a huge reveal.

My mate text me and I politely told him to fuck off because I was about to watch GoT. He replied 'great episode this week'. I come on here and people call it dull. Dull. A dragon riding conqueror is dull. Rightho. Might want to try something else.

• Upvote 1

My mate text me and I politely told him to fuck off because I was about to watch GoT. He replied 'great episode this week'. I come on here and people call it dull. Dull. A dragon riding conqueror is dull. Rightho. Might want to try something else.

The last 2 minutes were the best bit, but it was a bit of a predictable episode in general I thought.

By that I mean I am the kind of annoying person, who, when watching the show will make predictions of what happens next during the scene. Usually I am way off on a consistant basis but I got everything right in that episode - Benjen reveal, Gilly sticking up for Sam & them fleeing together, Arya changing her mind about icing Dame whatshertits, the Atonement not happening and then Daenerys finding her Dragon.

That combined with more build up of showdowns yet to take place made it a slightly frustrating episode, but as I said above - necessary.

I don't think there's ever been a poor episode. Every week I'm left desperate for the next one. If GoT is boring, the Netflix effect has clearly ruined telly for some, creating a generation of binge watchers who crash if their televisual adrenaline fix isn't maintained at a stratospheric level.

• Upvote 3

That was great. I've had to avoid this thread for over a week and watched the last two in one fell swoop and I thought both were great episodes.

Spoilers ahead obviously;

Fucking Hodor, that was excellently done. I thought the plot line reveal was great acted excellently by all. Poor Willis though and Summer! Will they just stop killing the direwolves already!

The walkers return was great although it does amaze me at how slow they have been since hardhome in attacking the wall and then they get a glimpse of bran and peg it to where they are in a matter of moments. Have they been searching for the children and bloodraven first hence the lack of attack?

The children - does that mean they are all dead now or are there a few more hiding out in the woods? I liked their reveal as the cause of the WW but felt the show glossed over it a little, I want to know more. Did the walkers turn on their creators (obviously) and why? Do they have heir own motivations or simply killing machines ala the xenomorphs? If it's the latter its a bit easy. I would like them to have their own consciousness and reasoning ( they do after all have a king) Maybe the children feared their creation and turned on them leading to them looking for revenge and their fight being about survival as they know the children and men will not let them survive. But even still they can procreate with humans so how will they explain that?

Bran fucked himself there too he was told not to hang around too much and now a lot of people are dead. I thought he actres playing Meera was really good she played the role of being scared shitless and defeated really well. Only to then to be saved by benjen. We knew they would be saved somehow so I'm not overly disappointed. I do want to know more about benjen I guess he is undead but he has none of the weaknesses of the walkers he didn't die when the children stabbed him with dragonglass and he doesn't seem to have an aversion to fire. He doesn't seem to have their strengths either though. Are there more like him?

Mace Tyrell is a moron just as in the books. he has no idea what he is doing it was a bit of light relief.

I don't think anyone buys that Margery is brainwashed her conversation with Loras stated otherwise. Tommen is though the weak minded prick. surely he dies at the end of this season the wimpy kid has no chance against the political games going on around him. Cersie's confidence in her victory at the trial by combat will be her down fall. Completely mad speculation but will Tommen chose to be the faiths champion in the trial by combat?leaving her with a choice to either sacrifice herself or lose her son?

Sam - I like him, I enjoyed his scenes he's one of the only characters left who can be described as good. Yes he's a coward but to survive in this world you need to be a cunt and he isn't one. His dad is clearly a bastard. I think it would help if they did this scene earlier in the season replacing his others and they get him to the maesters so he can learn more about the WW and make him useful as he will no doubt be.

As mentioned above I don't get why they didn't mention the dragon horn for Euron that would have made far more sense in winning over the iron born. Yara and Theon legging it makes sense but where will they go?

Finally Danyerys is having it too easy. I want someone to hand her arse and what of her poor horse. He was Prob a snack for drogon. I hope they get to westeros realise the real war is in the north then get absolutely decimated. I mean she is a foreigner with a foreign army of barbarians why would the lords and small folk of westeros just accept them as their new lords?

Apologies for the long and meandering post but having to wait and try and avoid spoilers for the last week was a pain in the arse.

• Upvote 1