You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's your Ancelotti! Chelsea owner ready to swing the axe after shock FA Cup defeat

StevieH

What?

And it's not at all subjective. Objectively, Rafael Benitez won the league with an under-financed English club and progressed to another final. Jose Mourinho accomplished fuck all in Europe with the greatest financial behemoth in the world. Fact.

More facts: he also won it with Porto and Inter Milan.

Perhaps he should only try and win the CL with clubs from Italy and Portugal, who don't have the same financial clout as some of their rivals?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Against European opposition yes, against domestic teams obviously not, but even if we reached those two finals instead of Chelsea and Mourinho you have to be pretty blinkered to suggest one manager is obviously better than the other one managing English teams in Europe than the other one.

Mourinho has either reached the semi finals or been knocked out by the winners in an earlier round.

Rafa`s performances have been more mixed with humiliating losses to Benfica both home and away and even worse being knocked out of the group stage.

Mourinho`s teams have always reached the semi finals or they have been knocked out by of one of the finalists.

To be honest I would be surprised if you found anyone outside the Rafa camp in among the Liverpool supporters who would put their money on Rafa getting better results than Mourinho anywhere.

The way it went back then, Chelsea under Mourinho won the Prem, whilst the cups were won by Rafas Liverpool. You can spin it either way you want Code but thats the reality.

Rafas Liverpool won the biggest trophy that any club could win whilst Mourinhos Chelsea was knocked out by Rafas Liverpool in the same competition. To say one he was more successful than Rafa when the object is to win the fucking thing is just downright stupid by your high standards.

Case in point, you can come second in a million semi finals and quarter finals but you aint as successful as the guy that won it. You are more CONSISTENT but not more successful.

Or let me tell you in another way: If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

P.S: In a form of a stat: One million finals, Semi finals, quarter finals < 1 trophy......

Mine does after I just noticed Codey talking about people having no perspective.

He really doesn't make it easy for himself sometimes.

I'm still trying to work out how someone can get knocked out in 2 semi finals of the Champions League have a better record in with English clubs then the manager who knocked him out in the semi's and went on to win the competition.

I have tried many different theories in my head but can not get the equation.

I have rang Stephen Hawkings about it and he hopes to have the results to me by 2020.

More facts: he also won it with Porto and Inter Milan.

Perhaps he should only try and win the CL with clubs from Italy and Portugal, who don't have the same financial clout as some of their rivals?

Only problem is, that's not the point.

If you want to argue who's done better in Europe between Rafa and Mourinho go start a thread about it. This thread is about Chelsea.

The way it went back then, Chelsea under Mourinho won the Prem, whilst the cups were won by Rafas Liverpool. You can spin it either way you want Code but thats the reality.

Rafas Liverpool won the biggest trophy that any club could win whilst Mourinhos Chelsea was knocked out by Rafas Liverpool in the same competition. To say one he was more successful than Rafa when the object is to win the fucking thing is just downright stupid by your high standards.

Case in point, you can come second in a million semi finals and quarter finals but you aint as successful as the guy that won it. You are more CONSISTENT but not more successful.

Or let me tell you in another way: If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

P.S: In a form of a stat: One million finals, Semi finals, quarter finals

Have I said Mourinho is a better manager than Rafa managing English sides in Europe?

Have I fuck.

But excuse me for not being so blinkered I think one manager is better than the other one because his team won on penalties one season and was 1 cm on the right side of Eidurs boot to be knocked out in the second season.

But since people actually were going down that road I thought I shoudl point out that Mourinho was the one that actually had the best results against European teams of the two based on their time with managing English clubs in Europe.

Like Silverlining is saying, its a fucked up line of thinking but I was not the one who brought it up, but I will easily debate it.

I'm still trying to work out how someone can get knocked out in 2 semi finals of the Champions League have a better record in with English clubs then the manager who knocked him out in the semi's and went on to win the competition.

I have tried many different theories in my head but can not get the equation.

I have rang Stephen Hawkings about it and he hopes to have the results to me by 2020.

I can easily sort it for you.

Read whats being said and there will be no confusion, because no one has said anything like what your are claiming above.

Have I said Mourinho is a better manager than Rafa managing English sides in Europe?

Have I fuck.

But excuse me for not being so blinkered I think one manager is better than the other one because his team won on penalties one season and was 1 cm on the right side of Eidurs boot to be knocked out in the second season.

But since people actually were going down that road I thought I shoudl point out that Mourinho was the one that actually had the best results against European teams of the two based on their time with managing English clubs in Europe.

Like Silverlining is saying, its a fucked up line of thinking but I was not the one who brought it up, but I will easily debate it.

You cant defend that, as Rafa won the Champions League in his first season, Mourinho did not....the fact that Mourinho had more success against European side is a moot point cause Chelsea did not win the Champions League under him.

Just taking that into consideration and the fact that Rafa made it to another European final....well are you inclined to carry on defending something that does not make any sense??

You cant defend that, as Rafa won the Champions League in his first season, Mourinho did not....the fact that Mourinho had more success against European side is a moot point cause Chelsea did not win the Champions League under him.

Just taking that into consideration and the fact that Rafa made it to another European final....well are you inclined to carry on defending something that does not make any sense??

I`m not the one claiming Rafa is sooooo much more likely to win the CL for Chelsea based on his superior set up and tactics in Europe suited to English clubs in the competition than Mourinho am I?

I`m not the one claiming Rafa is sooooo much more likely to win the CL for Chelsea based on his superior set up and tactics in Europe suited to English clubs in the competition than Mourinho am I?

Lets put it down then, if Rafa had Chelsea, do you think that he would of won the Champions League with the same set up?

Seems to me that you are putting Mourinhos man managemnt over Rafas tactical prowess, despite of squad and setup.

No, you've just said that not winning it is as good as winning it, as the Special Loser made it to more semi-finals in Europe.

I reckon that's about as stupid as it gets.

In rating a managers abilty its not stupid at all?

Is one manager better than the other if he beats you on penalties?

I`d say the mangerial achievements are equal, and especially if we are talking about the possibility of winning it in the future.

One last point, how the hell can anyone expect Rafa to be able to win anything with Chelsea, Rafa only win Cup competitions on penalties because of his backward tactics and Chelsea are as we all now shite at penalties.

So fucking what if Mourinho's chelsea got knocked out by English clubs only in the Champions league, the argument is the single most dumb thing I have heard on here. Fact is, Chelsea did not win the CL in his time at Chelsea, they didn't even make a final under him. They only made the final after the fella got sacked.

How does that equate to him having a better record in the competition with an English team than a guy who got to the final twice and lost a semi again?

You know you've shat yourself now, don't you? No-one else has claimed the above.

In rating a managers abilty its not stupid at all?

Is one manager better than the other if he beats you on penalties?

I`d say the mangerial achievements are equal, and especially if we are talking about the possibility of winning it in the future.

One last point, how the hell can anyone expect Rafa to be able to win anything with Chelsea, Rafa only win Cup competitions on penalties because of his backward tactics and Chelsea are as we all now shite at penalties.

Stop. Chatting. Shit.

Lets put it down then, if Rafa had Chelsea, do you think that he would of won the Champions League with the same set up?

Seems to me that you are putting Mourinhos man managemnt over Rafas tactical prowess, despite of squad and setup.

It this the same tactical prowess that have seen us have all the finals we have played under Rafa wrapped up at half time?

Hang on, thats not how its been, we have actually been outmanouvered in every final we have played and only get back to it when we have thrown Rafa`s initial tactics out the window and been hanging in there until we have won on penalties.

We had great success with Rafa in the start of his career with us, but please dont make it out to be it came because of his tactical superiority when it was anything but.

So fucking what if Mourinho's chelsea got knocked out by English clubs only in the Champions league, the argument is the single most dumb thing I have heard on here. Fact is, Chelsea did not win the CL in his time at Chelsea, they didn't even make a final under him. They only made the final after the fella got sacked.

How does that equate to him having a better record in the competition with an English team than a guy who got to the final twice and lost a semi again?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJmFDw0VQijEr17mX4

It this the same tactical prowess that have seen us have all the finals we have played under Rafa wrapped up at half time?

Yet again, you go so far to make a point that you go all the way around the circle to full-on, screaming "mental", and totally fuck any valid point you may have had.

And denigrating Benitez's trophies and achievements is beneath even you.