You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Sneijder is a good player but I don't think he's better than Scholes. I'm surprised Chelsea aren't in for him to be honest because they would be able to offer him better terms and he is closer to what they need than Modric is.

Liverpool are set to sign Ivory Coast youngster Victorien Angban, according to France Football.

The Under-17 international played a pivotal part with his country during the recent World Cup, playing alongside striker Souleymane Coulibaly, who broke a 10-year scoring record by scoring nine goals during the recent World Cup in Mexico.

Such form helped Coulibaly secure a move to Tottenham Hotspur earlier this summer, and now Angban looks like moving to the Barclays Premier League with Liverpool.

Liverpool have already invested in their future this summer, securing deals for Marco Bueno, who has joined on a 10-day trial subject to signing a five-year deal, and Nacho, another who has had a trial with the club earlier this year.

The club has brought through the likes of John Flanagan, Martin Kelly and Jay Spearing through their youth system in recent months, as the club continues to invest in its future under Fenway Sports Group.

Kenny Dalglish has also been allowed to invest in his first-team squad this summer, with the likes of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Alexander Doni and Stewart Downing joining the ranks at Liverpool

I love how people on here are saying that the Mancs signing Sneijder isn't a big deal. If they get him, they will have completed an amazing summer of transfers, strengthening their squad considerably. After winning the league last season and getting to another CL final, they have to be favourites for the league once again. They have a brilliant side, the cunts.

I love how people on here are saying that the Mancs signing Sneijder isn't a big deal. If they get him, they will have completed an amazing summer of transfers, strengthening their squad considerably. After winning the league last season and getting to another CL final, they have to be favourites for the league once again. They have a brilliant side, the cunts.

Sneijder would be a great signing for them unfortunately however have to differ on an amazing summer for them, Jones looks a donkey, De Gea could go either way and Young is no better than Nani and I wouldn't play them both at the same time, I think they are favourites for the league but they could've spent that money far better

There were three signings that would genuinely concern me at the start of the window. Aguero, Sneijder and Hazard. Two of our rivals may have just gotten much stronger.

You can have all the Aguero's and Silva's you want but if you have Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott behind them regularly you won't be winning the league

Tbh, I don't give one fuck if they're signing Sneijder or not. They might be too hot to handle for other teams, but I'm sure we can handle them.

We only play them twice in the league in any rate, so we just have to make sure that we collect maximum points when we play them.

At the end of the day, they're still the champs, and will be the team to beat.

There were three signings that would genuinely concern me at the start of the window. Aguero, Sneijder and Hazard. Two of our rivals may have just gotten much stronger.

They haven't signed him yet and now the BBC are saying that the story is bollocks, apparently.

Im not saying Sneijder is a great signing but as stated im not arsed had they they gone and signed a pair like Alonoso and Mascherano to anchor there midfield id be more concerened.That is were they have issue the allready have a great attack.

I'll be gutted if the mancs sign Sneijder. I'm not too arsed about De Gea, Young and Jones because I don't think they are particularly better than players they've had in their side over the past few years. Sneijder would be different, probably their best CM since Roy Keane if that deal went through.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
09.08.2011 21:54

Negotiations with Atletico Madrid for Arda

Galatasaray has begun negotiations with the Spanish Atletico Madrid for the transfer of our professional footballer Arda Turan.

The public will be updated about the developments.

A real shame and a big miss. Been going on about him for years.

We really need to get away from the idea that the Mancs have a somewhat weaker squad, or that their signings have barely improved their chances of success over the coming seasons. Somehow - and it seems to be the case pretty much ALL the time - one of their players will make the step up to solve any perceived weaknesses in the team. It doesn't seem to matter if that player is an inexperienced youngster coming through the ranks, an existing squad player whom many opposition fans have written off as crap, or a new signing.

We really need to get away from the idea that the Mancs have a somewhat weaker squad, or that their signings have barely improved their chances of success over the coming seasons. Somehow - and it seems to be the case pretty much ALL the time - one of their players will make the step up to solve any perceived weaknesses in the team. It doesn't seem to matter if that player is an inexperienced youngster coming through the ranks, an existing squad player whom many opposition fans have written off as crap, or a new signing.

I think everyone rightly views them as the strong favourites for the league next season, to be fair. At the same time though it's reasonable to cast a critical eye over the business they've done rather just assume they're going to walk it. Most people last season were lamenting the fact that they were going to win the league with the worst team they've had in ages, and it's not like they have significantly improved on it up to now. Jones is a better second/third choice defender than O'Shea or Evans, and Young will give them extra options in midfield (if he can get in the team ahead of Nani, Valencia, Park and Giggs). They haven't actually signed Sneijder yet, and De Gea is very young in goalkeeping terms, and is likely to make mistakes. Given that the laatter is the only first choice player they've signed so far, I'd say their first 11 is actually slightly weaker than it was last season. It's the central midfield signing that will be key for them.

I have said the same thing for years. Unfortunately the Mancs are lucky, well managed bunch of cunts. Had it not been for that unexperienced young cunt they had in Macheda scoring on Aston Villa to win at just 17, we would be EPL champions on 2008/2009.

Same thing was said about Smalling. Overrated and overpriced youngester where the mancs have overpaid. He is now being seen as a great payer for them. I hate the Mancs as much as anyone here but unfortunately they usually find luck from the depths of no where. And it might not be luck but I troll the Macs so thats that.

I'll be gutted if the mancs sign Sneijder. I'm not too arsed about De Gea, Young and Jones because I don't think they are particularly better than players they've had in their side over the past few years. Sneijder would be different, probably their best CM since Roy Keane if that deal went through.

He's not really a cm though. My question is where do you play him, as him and Rooney are really at their best in a free role behind the main striker. Wouldn't go as far as saying it couldn't work though.

Totally agree.