You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

9ml and Lennon or fuck off.

Would prefer something like 12mil and Dos Santos. If he's in the right team he could be great, and seeing as we're turning into a good passing side that he could fit into we might have Tottenham facepalming big style by the end of the season, then for years to come. Brought up by Barca and 22 years old too, am sure he just needs to settle into the right team, but no clue if he'll ever find it.

Bet he'd be fucking great with Luis, Stevie, Maxi, etc.

Spurs can fuck right off. We might have an abundance of midfielders, but Spearing apart, none in the mould of Lucas. He's worth more than £9m in my opinion.

So just use the sale money to get another decent player in then, and I don't think Speo is that far off. If he was played enough next season he could probably flourish. Am still more concerned with Shelvey though really, hope he stays instead of going out on loan as I think he could end up being one of our best players.

Edited by Red Phoenix

It's just been on Sky some guy interviewing Owen Coyle and the interviewer said interestingly they haven't allocated the no9 shirt to a player yet and Coyle replied they hope to have it filled by the end of the window. Probably adds more weight to the NGog rumours hopefully.

... Did you seriously say Dos Santos? Fucking Dos Santos? Jesus fucking wept.

Yup, each to their own! Just don't think he's had the chance in a decent side now that he's grown up a bit, and I'm convinced that 'Arry wouldn't ever have a fucking clue what to do with him, also that Kenny would probably have him playing well. He often looks good for Mexico but I don't think they have the right players to work with him so it's hard to get any idea.

I'm genuinely convinced that 'Arry doesn't have a clue and that's why he's been out on loan so often. There could also be behind the scenes stuff with him, maybe he has attitude problems, etc, but I'm sure he's a good player.

Dos Santos has never shown anything, ANYTHING, at club level... however, he's excellent for Mexico. Why is that?

I think it's that he needs a passing side to settle into and a manager that will give him time. Kind of like Lucas, just put him in there and keep playing him, but because he's more attacking you'll see more results. (with the right team.)

Edited by Red Phoenix

I think it's that he needs a passing side to settle into and a manager that will give him time. Kind of like Lucas, just put him in there and keep playing him, but because he's more attacking you'll see more results. (with the right team.)

Well... he was at Barcelona. They're a pretty good passing side. They figured selling him on was the best idea.

Well... he was at Barcelona. They're a pretty good passing side. They figured selling him on was the best idea.

Yeah, like I kind of said back there I don't think he was ready, and still might not be until he's 23-25. Kind of the same with Canales who's been loaned to Valencia, etc, but Canales seems to be a lot better at a younger age. Still not sure why they don't just play him though. (the intense pressure to match Barca probably explains most of it, guess they need players that are ready now.) I think Barca could've given Santos more of a chance but we all know they're seriously spoilt when it comes to attackers so he might not have had things work out no matter what.

Pretty strange fact from his wiki page too : On 17 May 2008, dos Santos scored a hat trick against Real Murcia, with a final score of 5–3, granting a victory to Barca on the team's last game of the 2007–08 season. It was also the last game dos Santos played before joining Tottenham Hotspur.

Edited by Red Phoenix

When he left there was alot of talk of major attitude issues and hanging round with Ronaldinho in night clubs and not training well.From what i remember it was one of the thing Sammy Eto`o was going mental over.When Ten Carte left Barca the discipline went down the drain and Rjikaard couldnt keep control of certain players.

He was let go for having a shit attitude and fucking around with contract renegotiations. Moving to London apparently only exacerbated the problem.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said earlier this summer: ‘If he [Dos Santos] could pass a nightclub as well as he can pass a ball, he would be all right.’

Spurs have done nothing except buy an old goalie this summer.

levy was on the radio just before the season finished saying buying new players was not an option without slimming the squad down 1st. harry has always loved buy a few, sell a few, but is seeing now he's got players who earn more than the average prem footballer and a chairman who isn't won over by his bullshit, that is not easy to do unless it's your best players you want to sell.

levy was on the radio just before the season finished saying buying new players was not an option without slimming the squad down 1st. harry has always loved buy a few, sell a few, but is seeing now he's got players who earn more than the average prem footballer and a chairman who isn't won over by his bullshit, that is not easy to do unless it's your best players you want to sell.

Yup. The first thing that Redknapp did this summer was bleat about needing to buy new players, and then he did it steadily throughout the summer. Of course, he still hasn't sold anyone.

I figure that he and Levy will have a major disagreement that leads to him being sacked if he can't line his pockets with brown envelopes.