You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy hodgson new West brom manager

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
He also told us he was "disappointed" that Kenny applied for the job in the summer, which given their statures - one being a bonafide Liverpool and footballing great and the other being Roy - was astoundingly arrogant. As far as the payoff goes, Rafa was, if you believe Purslow, entitled to 16m straight into his account within 24 hours and was obviously here a great deal longer.

While I don't, I think people have probable cause to dislike/hate him.

Edit: I forgot to say " Are people still going about Hodgson? He's fucking gone, get over it."

It's only been raised because he's been given the WBA job, otherwise it's as taboo a subject as being touched by an uncle.

He was incredibly condescending towards Kenny and for that as well as loads of other shite I do not wish him well. But as you say he has gone although his legacy still eats away at this great club.

He didn't take us for a ride no more than Rafa? How do you work that out he was here for 6 months and got a 6M payoff Rafa was here for 6 years won a trophies and got the same if not less in his payoff. if thats not taking the club for a ride I don't know what is.

Also in the listing of his faults above all are correct but in the "insulting" that should really be expanded to insulting the fans and also players in the press. You also left out his ability to blame everyone else other than himself and his dinosaur tactics.

If that doesn't make him a "cunt" I don't know what does.

and throw in his comment that "nobody could do better" with the same set of players before Kenny took over.

Further evidence that all people from Clonsilla speak sense.

How do you work that out he was here for 6 months and got a 6M payoff Rafa was here for 6 years won a trophies and got the same if not less in his payoff. if thats not taking the club for a ride I don't know what is.

I understand what you're saying, but in this context I don't see your point.

It's not Roy's fault that whoever approached him, offered him the job and subsequently agreed to such a clause in his contract, so much so that should he be be relieved of his duties mid contract that he would be awarded such a big payoff. That's just part and parcel of being a football manager.

If you think Roy was 'taking the club for a ride' for accepting his severance then fine, but I think you, me and just about everybody else would have done the same.

I understand what you're saying' date=' but in this context I don't see your point.

It's not Roy's fault that whoever approached him, offered him the job and subsequently agreed to such a clause in his contract, so much so that should he be be relieved of his duties mid contract that he would be awarded such a big payoff. That's just part and parcel of being a football manager.

If you think Roy was 'taking the club for a ride' for accepting his severance then fine, but I think you, me and just about everybody else would have done the same.[/quote']

Well, Rafa was entitled to 20 million, but he settled for 6

Roy took it all didn't he?

I've got WBA, Blackburn and Blackpool to go down and I'm pretty happy with all of them still.

Hodgson gives WBA a real fighting chance now and I'd tend to move towards them staying up actually.

I really really really want Wolves to stay up. They've been one of my favourite teams to watch this season just for the passion they show, even before they beat the mancs. They go after these completely overrated top sides and give them a real game more often than not and for that reason they must stay up!

As for the WBA fans, they are used to getting in a risky manager who won't stay long, Hodgson could be the steadying influence they need and they won't mind the drop in the level of attractive football as a long as they stay in the prem.

Roy was on moe than Rafa?!

must be some kind of sick joke

no Rafa's wage was 3m per year.

Roy was on 2m per year, Rafa agreed to settle for half the contract value, being 6m, being 2 year wages.

Roy, has rumoured to have claimed the full 2 year contract, being 4m