You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

yep Carroll was a mistake get rid and cut our loses, he will never be a liverpool player, his control is poor he is not cut out for it. Why persist with something that is never going to work. He played a few good games last season but he will never make it.

How many do you predict he'll score if he stays here?

Fuck knows.

I just don't like this loan bollocks, I doubt he'd score a lot.

If he isn't going to play get rid this transfer window, how is going to West Ham (who play a different style of football) going to help him adjust and excel in a Rodgers team?

Sell him so you save the wages and get a bit of dosh.

What I don't for the life of me understand is why we are potentially getting rid of someone who a lot here think isn't good enough for us for someone who clearly wasn't good enough for Chelsea IN THE SAME FUCKING LEAGUE! FFS I know our managers have made some fucking shit decisions over the years but I thought this was a new start...

Can't say I'd be overly dissapointed if he was offloaded, was never really a big fan of his, the stye of play we are attempting to move to does not cater for an Andy Carroll type player, that said he could be a useful plan B and he performances toward the end of the season show that when the team play to his strengths he can be a very good frontman. That said, to make the bridge back to becoming a top side we've got to play with a quicker tempo with players of higher intelligence and technical ablilty than we have at the moment.

Fuck knows.

I just don't like this loan bollocks, I doubt he'd score a lot.

If he isn't going to play get rid this transfer window, how is going to West Ham (who play a different style of football) going to help him adjust and excel in a Rodgers team?

Sell him so you save the wages and get a bit of dosh.

It's a lovely theory and in an ideal world we would offload him for £15m - £20m and reinvest.

The problem is he's an abysmal footballer and a somewhat effective battering ram. He could only play in about 5 teams in the league and be successful because he needs to have the attack set up for him.

Now some teams may fancy setting their team up around him but when you consider he was injured for us for half a season, looked unfit for three quarters of the next season and has a 1 in 7 goals to game ratio in the league I can see why no one is biting our hand off for a permanent transfer.

If you sell him now we'll be lucky to get £10m. If we loan him to a team who will play to his strengths (like West Ham or Sunderland under O'Neill) and he does well we might get £15m. If he doesn't do well we'll still probably get about £8m for him.

I can't see anyone paying us more than £10m and that's why he'll probably go on loan somewhere

What I don't for the life of me understand is why we are potentially getting rid of someone who a lot here think isn't good enough for us for someone who clearly wasn't good enough for Chelsea IN THE SAME FUCKING LEAGUE! FFS I know our managers have made some fucking shit decisions over the years but I thought this was a new start...

Uh... he played a total of 3 league matches for them as a late substitute, WHEN HE WAS 16!!! Fucks sake man, he's improved since then in leaps and bounds, as would ANY freaking player, it isnt all that strange that teenagers get better over time with the proper coaching you know.

Apologies if it has already been said, I'm not about to read through 72 pages at 8.32am, but whilst watching the Euro's I did wonder why Carroll all of a sudden looked half decent. Towards the end of the season he was, I'm sure most would agree, playing well, but why only then? Did it take him that long to settle? Did he have a crisis of confidence? Or did he just start playing because he knew he wouldn't be going with England to Poland and Ukraine if he didn't up his game?

The latter is my theory, and if correct, says plenty about his mentality as a professional footballer. If true, we would be better off without him no doubt, and also a highly probable reason why Rodgers doesn't want him, gven some of the interviews I've heard of his and his belief in passion for the game being a big plus.

Guest davelfc
Apologies if it has already been said, I'm not about to read through 72 pages at 8.32am, but whilst watching the Euro's I did wonder why Carroll all of a sudden looked half decent. Towards the end of the season he was, I'm sure most would agree, playing well, but why only then? Did it take him that long to settle? Did he have a crisis of confidence? Or did he just start playing because he knew he wouldn't be going with England to Poland and Ukraine if he didn't up his game?

The latter is my theory, and if correct, says plenty about his mentality as a professional footballer. If true, we would be better off without him no doubt, and also a highly probable reason why Rodgers doesn't want him, gven some of the interviews I've heard of his and his belief in passion for the game being a big plus.

I mentioned this briefly and it's one of the reasons I believe we would be better off just not taking the risk. Sell for the right price (and probably regret it) or loan and try to get his value up. I'm sort of caught between the two because I'd like to see the money spent on someone with the right attitude. With the world cup 2 seasons away that's a lot of lolloping around for Carroll to do in the meantime.

Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

This is all part of the reason there are rumours that Rodgers wants to break up the ‘English boys’ clique ‪#LFC‬

38m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Take that shit??!! This caused a bit of shit for weeks. Before Christmas. ‪#LFC‬

Been at this club for 16 years and you know how many holidays I've took mid season? None! This is why were a laughing stock! Would Fergie...

Doc cringed and told the story and the players were laughing (angry laughing) saying Kennys weak as piss, Carra then turns and says 'I've..

39m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Carroll fucks off there and then so later the Doc is doing some work with Maxi, Gerrard, Carra and Downing. Gerrard asks 'where is Andy?'...

41m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

My call' so Carroll phones Kenny and says 'Listen Charlie's gone on hol, can I go away?' Kenny is on the golf course and says 'Yeah ok'.....

41m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Charlie?' So it's explained he's injured and has gone on holiday. Carroll turns and says 'can I go on holiday then?' he's told, 'no, not....

42m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

So he goes on holiday to Dubai for 5 days during the season (we didn't have a game) and Carroll turns up for training and says where's.....

43m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Charlie Adam faked an injury and Kenny bought it even though Sports Science team said he couldn't be injured....

44m Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Got one more ‪#LFC‬ training story, involving Charlie Adam for you...

1h Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81

Literally 180 reps, it was embarrassing yet Kenny did nothing about it. There are loads of stories about how the players walked over Kenny.

With 12,600 reps, Bellamy second with 12,450 reps, Gerrard 3rd with 12,300 reps the lowest was say 11,000, then there was Carroll with.....

And each movement was measured, so in the first month he was asked to present his findings to the Sports Science team, Hendo was top.....

One of the reasons Carroll could go is his attitude to training, Dave Rydings put a test in place where ever weight was lifted (each rep)...

Could anyone who'd know shed any light on all this shit doing the rounds on Twitter?

(sequence starts from the bottom up)

Because anybody with half a brain would realise he's fucking shit. He has no qualities that a player would require to play in a fast moving passing team.

He's fucking shit, people say he improved but how could he get any worse? People where using GIFs of a horse falling over an exercise ball to sum up his play - could it get any worse than that?

He's so shit, he will never be good enough for Liverpool - doesn't it say something where every team in England knows he could be bought for a cut price but nobody wants him.

Players like him are the reason the club has been so bad over the last 2 seasons, there are players in the reserves and youth team better than him. We made a mistake, lets fuck him off and move on.

so replacing him with a chelsea reject borini who has done no more than carroll, or dempsey who's better days are behind him are the answer is it? id rather we gave him another season and see what happens than spend money on a reject or an over the hill player

wingers brendon wingers!!!!! now that would solve half our issues :yes:

Sad if true, but good on Rodgers if true.

As Il Fenomeno and Istvan Kosma confirmed above, it's bollocks. Adam tweeted him back and he's deleted his account..

Adam's spelling/grammar is fucking shocking

@Charlie26Adam : @Karlton81 When was I ment to have faken this injurie

@Charlie26Adam : @Karlton81 Well who ever told these FACTS all wrong I never missed a session at liverpool through injurie until I did my knee at QPR fact

Loan moves should only be for young players looking to gain experience, and certainly not for players we've paid huge transfer fees for. We should never loan a player to any Italian club ever again! Both Juventus and Milan have completely taken the piss out of us over the past two years, Aquilani should either be sold or kept here!

I never thought I'd be defending Andy Carroll but he should be given a chance here next season. If Brendan Rodgers thinks his 'Swansealona' style football will be good enough to get us back to the top, he is very naive. All the top Premiership teams have had a fair bit of height and muscle to complement the pace and passing required to compete in this division, Think Kompany, Yaya Toure and Djecko for City, Terry and Drogba at Chelsea, Arsenal have crumbled since they lost the likes of Sol Campbell and Vieira.

Looking at our current squad we only really have Skrtel and maybe Agger plus Carroll, that have a real physical presence about them.

I don't know an awful lot about Borini, but is would it not be possible for him and Suarez to play either side of Carroll?

SSN reporting a loan move to NUFC for Carroll sounds so crazy, it's mental. I think loaning him out to any club in the premier league that is most definitely competing with us for a top four spot is crazy. Did we not pay them 35M for Carroll? Loaning him back to the club we bought him from, while paying a percentage of his wages while he is playing for said club is crazy on a level that I can't quite comprehend.