You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really give up with some of our fans

Redzion

I disagree. He shouldn't be ignored. He needs to be inundated with replies from Liverpool fans to let him know his actions are completely unacceptable. I see people in pubs in Dublin watching a Liverpool match in their Liverpool jersey and with the S*n in front of them then I?ll always have a word. People need to be educated.

I do that over here in Drogheda myself, Johnny. It's disheartening that at least 50% don't really give a fuck, but very rewarding when you actually get the message across to someone. Particularly if it's a younger fan.

I assume he has got a hell of a lot of replies.

I saw it before, one of my mates retweed it. I was discussed. I tweeted this back.

Philteddylfc Phil Teddy

@

@Lfcsupporterclu takes more than going to games and buying rep shirts to be a fan. Your a disgrace! People or 'fans' like you make me sick

3 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete

And i imagine hes had a few more, that, to be honest are less polite than my reply.

He'll be a manc on a wind up.

Hmmm...

For all those who I have upset I am very very sorry

about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Again I apologise for upsetting people

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Funny how I got a load of new followers thou sad cunts you are.eating out of my palms what muggy cunts

44 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Anyway folk I'm leaving twitter and shutting me account now it's been fun getting you all going

39 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

I will enjoy sitting with you again soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx much love

38 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Anyone fancy a beer in the arkles

28 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Who wants to join for a beer in the arkles

10 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

What a fucking douche.

What a knob. What was reported in that paper is unspeakable, i'm still dumfounded how they ever managed to get away with it.

In Kenny's biography you really get a feel of the outrage it caused to people with any sense, he wrote the following...

“The press coverage was difficult to comprehend, particularly the publication of pictures which added to people’s distress. There was one photograph of two girls right up against the Leppings Lane fence, their faces pressed into the wire. Nobody knows how they escaped. They used to come to Melwood every day, looking for autographs, and that photograph upset everyone there because we knew them. After seeing that I couldn’t look at the papers again.

When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly, underneath a headline ‘The Truth,’ the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn’t mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused. Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun’s editor, even called me up.

“How can we correct the situation?” he said.

“You know that big headline – ‘The Truth’?” I replied. “All you have to do is put ‘We lied’ in the same size. Then you might be all right.”

Mackenzie said: “I cannot do that.”

“Well,” I replied, “I cannot help you then.”

That was it. I put the phone down. Merseysiders were outraged by the Sun. A great many still are.

The amount of DM's i got for saying all s*n readers are cunts, amazing Reds defending s*n readers.

Apparently its just a scouse fight an by saying all s*n readers are cunts I'm devaluing the campaign fuck me we have some tools for fans

If you read the s*n you're a cunt regardless of The Truth headline.

It's a gutter right-wing rag.