You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

coop

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch Soccer Saturday most weekends. It's actually pretty good, and usually good for a laugh. It's pretty easy to just ignore the snide remarks about us, and when you look past that, it's not a bad show.

I think it is an excellent programme. The only reason that they have a dig at Liverpool is because Thompson is on the show and he is very sensitive about the club that he supports.

Looking forward to seeing our future manager on the programme today.

I watch Soccer Saturday most weekends. It's actually pretty good, and usually good for a laugh. It's pretty easy to just ignore the snide remarks about us, and when you look past that, it's not a bad show.

Yeah I pretty much agree with that. Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking abide Merson or Le Tissier though.

I agree with what was said earlier in the thread about Carra bringing in his CL medal. Although he should go further and ask Thompson to count his medals, then count Carra's, and see how they compare to Merson's. Just for shits and giggles.

In all fairness Merson gets a load of abuse but last weekend he was praising us saying how when he was playing we were just unreal.

He said that if you had told him after they won at Anfield to win the league that Liverpool would only win 1 more title in 20 years he would say you were crazy.

I personally don't mind the programme and looking forward to seeing Carra on it.

I very much doubt he will be aggressive but there is also no way he will allow the club to be mocked without standing up for it.

Yeah I pretty much agree with that. Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking abide Merson or Le Tissier though.

I agree with what was said earlier in the thread about Carra bringing in his CL medal. Although he should go further and ask Thompson to count his medals, then count Carra's, and see how they compare to Merson's. Just for shits and giggles.

To be fair, Merson didn't have a bad playing career. He won the league twice, FA cup, league cup and cup winners cup all with Arsenal. He was actually a very good player, but unfortunately had a few addictions.

In all fairness Merson gets a load of abuse but last weekend he was praising us saying how when he was playing we were just unreal.

He said that if you had told him after they won at Anfield to win the league that Liverpool would only win 1 more title in 20 years he would say you were crazy.

I personally don't mind the programme and looking forward to seeing Carra on it.

I very much doubt he will be aggressive but there is also no way he will allow the club to be mocked without standing up for it.

Merson is often very complimentary about Liverpool FC and has previously said that in his opinion we are the top club in this country.

Carra will love it, he'll be able to join in with all the Rafa digs!*

*JOKE, BEFORE ANYONE SEES THEIR ARSE!

In all seriousness, I'm out this afternoon but Ill Sky + it. Will be nice to see Thommo joined by another human possessing a brain, and equally nice to see the change in tone from all the other no marks.

So Merson thinks the new owners bought us but will be too focussed on beating the yankees to pay us much attention. Mkay.

while i dont necessarily agree with him, the owners clearly do have two priorities (and not a bottomless suppy of cash) so while it may not happen there is every chance investment in the Red Sox could limit investment in us and vice versa