You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these two fit the profile, but Wesley Sneijder didn't?

£8 million on Poulsen and Konchesky instead of Sneijder. Excellent business.

But to be fair to Roy, Kenny's doing the looking for players.

I think you mean Van Der Vaart.

Even still, if you think He's going to get a game ahead of Meireles or Gerrard, I'm going to lol at you.

Van der Vaart was a funny one.

In the final two days, LFC put all their efforts into signing a striker.

The second last day on the transfer window, Real Madrid accepted an €18M from Bayern for VDV but it fell through and he signed for Spurs the next day for £8M. Mourinho was desperate to get rid with players like Ozil and Kaka on his books already. VDV wanted CL football anyway.

Watched a lot of Suarez in the dutch league and he is absolute quality, it's true he does dive a fair bit but he is a tough little bastard and has that nasty streak in him that makes him a winner. Would be made up if we signed him, not only scores goals but sets loads up and is great at free kicks.

Loved watching Uruguay from beginning to end of the world cup, and as I was doing that was often concerned at the rate at which Suarez dives. He's such an amazingly gifted player, but if he joins us I hope he cuts it out as much as he can.

He can give his volleyball skills a rest aswell..

Someone mentioned pace.

By fuck do we need some of that.

We must be the slowest team in the "Barclays Premier League" when Torres isn't at full pelt.

Yup... thats why I said Alexis Sanchez for the right, and Eden Hazard for the right. We would add two genuinely pacey, skillful, attackers for our flanks. I see Suarez as more central and we need width.

Yup... thats why I said Alexis Sanchez for the right, and Eden Hazard for the right. We would add two genuinely pacey, skillful, attackers for our flanks. I see Suarez as more central and we need width.

The way it could work is play Suarez upfront with Torres to give you the goals. Play Cole on the right cutting inside where he wants to in attack anyway and then have Glen Johnson on the overlap.

That way you would have the movement of Cole and Johnson creating angles and space on the right, Hazard with the pace and trickery on the left and Suarez and Torres getting in the box.

It sounds great on paper but requires Joe Cole to find a bit of form, Johnson to remember how to play football and a manager who let's his fullbacks over the halfway line in more than one game a season (to date granted)

Ifs, buts and maybes....