You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PiranhaBill

Hicks has thrown in the towel

LFC owners to pursue $1.6 billion from "epic swindle"

Hicks and Gillett withdraw TRO blocking sale of Liverpool Football Club. Action prevents RBS from needlessly putting Club into administration. RBS rejected owners' pledge to pay off all debts by October 15. Attorneys say ludicrous, self-serving and illegal behavior from directors and outsiders to hinder Club for years.

"It's an extraordinary swindle and it will result in exactly the wrong thing for the Club and the fans."

Those were the words used by attorneys representing Liverpool Football Club owners this morning when they announced they would apply all of their legal energies toward securing at least $1.6 billion in damages they expect will result from the proposed illegal sale of the Liverpool Football Club.

Attorneys also stated that protracted litigation concerning the Liverpool transaction will now cause even more uncertainty for the LFC.

"This outcome not only devalues the Club but it also will result in long-term uncertainty for the fans, players and everyone who loves this sport because all legal recourses will be pursued," said Steve Stodghill, the Texas attorney representing the Liverpool owners. "Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett pledged to pay the debt to RBS so that the Club could avoid administration that was threatened by RBS. That offer was rejected. It is a tragic development that others will claim as a victory. This means it won't be resolved the way it should be resolved. My clients worked tirelessly to resolve these issues but RBS would not listen to any reasonable solution and the Directors acted selfishly and illegally."

Stodghill said the owners have no choice but to pursue every legal avenue possible, and they will.

"Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett wanted to position this club for the future, but others have a different agenda," said Stodghill. "In truth, there is nothing positive from these events for Liverpool Football. That is exactly the opposite of what my clients wanted to achieve. "

Guest davelfc

For all the backward steps this club has taken over the past three years, finally a step forward.

I'm drained, relieved, drained of all emotion. Finally we will get the chance to be football fans again instead of financial experts and activists.

Now let's twat the blue shyte

I'm not sure this is over yet. The threat of being sued might be enough to make the buyers have second thoughts. I think they were hoping the court would rule the injunction would be closed for good. Are they prepared to take the risk ?

"Mr. Hicks and Mr. Gillett wanted to position this club for the future' date=' but others have a different agenda," said Stodghill. "In truth, there is nothing positive from these events for Liverpool Football. That is exactly the opposite of what my clients wanted to achieve. "

[/quote']

Hahahahaha! You fucking what?! Position us where? The First Division doesn't mean what it used to, you twat. Just fuck the cunt off, you horrible, horrible wanker.

No doubt they will keep trying to sue us but I don't think they have a leg to stand on. They nearly sent the club into administration, ran up outragious debts, alienated the fans - its them who have devalued the club. Not sure what exactly what he thinks we owe him?

I think its just a shit-fit at the amount of money he's lost. BAWW.

dawson-crying.jpg

Guest Captain Jonjo

Look at the arrogance of these two twats:

Steve Stodghill, the Texas lawyer representing Hicks and Gillett, added: "This outcome not only devalues the club but it also will result in long-term uncertainty for the fans, players and everyone who loves this sport because all legal recourses will be pursued.

"Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett pledged to pay the debt to RBS so that the club could avoid administration that was threatened by RBS. That offer was rejected.

"It is a tragic development that others will claim as a victory. This means it won't be resolved the way it should be resolved.

"My clients worked tirelessly to resolve these issues but RBS would not listen to any reasonable solution and the directors acted selfishly and illegally. Mr Hicks and Mr Gillett wanted to position this club for the future, but others have a different agenda.

"In truth, there is nothing positive from these events for Liverpool Football Club. That is exactly the opposite of what my clients wanted to achieve."

Who are the exactly gonan sue for 1bin and cna theys uccede?

I'm glad they feel that way. I want this to continue to eat them up inside and give them relentless sleepless nights. Let it torment what's left of Hicks's soul until his dying days. It's the least he deserves.