You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haye Gives Harrison Chance to Get Beaten Up

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've read that Haye has been training MMA for a few years. Probably just as a hobby like but it'd be interesting to see someone of his calibre, who's still in their prime, with a few years training behind them, compete in the UFC.

He doesnt have a hope unless he is put in the right fights for him,his chin isnt up to it and he will not have anywere hear enough takedown training to mix it with top 10 heavywieghts.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some serious opinion on repeat going on in this thread, try reading it and see if someone has not only already put your point across but probably had it countered as well.

Haye has fought quality, he cleaned up the cruiserweight division, Mormeck and Maccarinelli are quality names on his CV, he's also beaten Valuev and Ruiz who between them would have had 10-20 world title fights. Just because you don't recognise the names doesn't make them quality operators. In fact, that is exactly why Haye is fighting Harrison, more people will sit up and take notice then if he fights Solis or Chambers. As already mentioned, Adamek fought recently so that fight is off.

If you think the Irish don't like Haye, then try asking their opinion on Sam Sexton!

He beat Valuev who shouldn't have had the belt on an unconvincing points decision, Mormeck, 37 and looked every day of it, Ruiz was 38 and looked totally shot, he boxed like 48 year old. He hasn't fought anyone with the calibre of Chageav or chambers who Wlad stopped and put down for the first times in their careers. Vitali fights boxers int he top ten ratings, the only one Haye has came near is Valuev and well look at him, there's plenty more examples of why Haye and the Klits are worlds apart in terms of proven boxing pedigree Rem.

The way he beat Valuev with a broken hand emphasized his class to me. I mean, he needs to fight the Klitschkos, that's for sure. It'll put all this to bed once and for all.

Oh wait you mean Valuev...the one who really lost to Holyfield, right. :whistle:

I think Haye is putting money in the bank here. The funny thing is, regardless what you think of this match up, it will get interest. Just look at this thread, lots posting in here that don't really post about boxing in the GF.

You're quite right, Byrnie. I know fuck all about boxing, and have little interest in it.

But this I do know - when Audley Harrison won his medal in 2000 he took £1m of the BBC licence payers money for his first ten fights. And instead of choosing opponents that actually would have tested him, he squandered it on people he could have an easy time against. I mean a mentally ill Frank Bruno who hadn't fought for seven years - if that hadn't collapsed then what the fuck would that have been about about?

I think the lazy fucker took £1m I consider would have been better spent on a decent drama series, and used it to have a 10+ fight holiday. And I'll be honest, while I can't get my share of the licence fee back I can, hopefully, watch Harrison get turned into fucking wallpaper paste.

I really hope A-Farce wrecks this chump... It would be the funniest sporting moment of all time... Come of Audley you big cert!

As critical as you can be of Audley's career, all of which is valid, he's a much more likeable bloke than Haye IMO.

One big dig, that's all it needs. I'm seriously looking forward to this even though it's essentially a money-spinning mismatch.

The Klitschko's have spent the last few years emulating Joe Louis' 'bum of the month' campaign by entertaining under-sized, under-talented Americans who would never beat them in a million years, so it's a bit rich ripping into Haye for fighting an ex-super-heavyweight Olympic champion who is the present European heavyweight champ.

The Klitchkos have dominated the scene by beating pretty much all that's out there in fairness to them, certaintly not their fault it's a poor weight. They're not fun to watch but they're easily the best out there.

Hard to argue with much of that other than Arreola has just been beaten by Klitschko and Adamek, Povetkin is worthy but not a big enough name and didn't sign a fight with the Klitschkos. Unfortunately this fight is being made for the public who are more likely to pay to watch a fight against someone they know and want to see beat rather than for the boxing enthusiast.

Personally I'd love to see him take on Solis and try and get some revenge in the first Haye fight I ever saw.

I'd love to see Solis and haye go at it as well, i'd never seen that fight. I read that he beat Felix Savon in Cuba as well, if he can control his weight he'll be a big name in heavyweight.

Povetkin had a fight signed with one of the brothers recently but his trainer Teddy Atlas pulled him out of it as he didn't think he was ready yet. I'd like to know would Teddy sign a fight with Haye.

I think Haye is putting money in the bank here. The funny thing is, regardless what you think of this match up, it will get interest. Just look at this thread, lots posting in here that don't really post about boxing in the GF.

Haye, I'm sure, is fully aware of the task he faces against the Klitschkos. If he makes a bit of money before he gets in with one of them, good luck to him. It's a business now and Haye will look to maximise his earning potential. Even this fight could boost his popularity, it will certainly sell more than the Ruiz fight.

I think the reason people are so interested in this is because of how big a joke this fight is, everyone knows that Audley has been laughed at his whole career. I'm just wondering who will buy this fight, i can't see the genuine boxing fan buying it and i just can't see the public forking out £16 for this. It'll be interesting to find out the figures at the end of this although if they match it up with the Pacman fight then it will sell loads. Actually if they charge for the Pacquaio fight i'll be digusted seeing how his last fight was on SS1.

You will only be able to watch the Pacquiao fight if you pay to watch the Harrison/Haye fight. Its not like you are paying to watch the Pacquiao fight they just wont let you watch it unless you pay for Harrison/Haye.

They've done it before they'll do it again.

Please God no, they had Pacquaio v Clottey and Mayweather v Mosely on SS1. Fucking paying the fuckers enough!

Please God no, they had Pacquaio v Clottey and Mayweather v Mosely on SS1. Fucking paying the fuckers enough!

They've done it before mate. When they've had 2 fights of interest starting with 1 this side of the Atlantic leading to one the other side, if you dont pay for the 1 over here they have the other 1 over there on Box Office aswell.

Snidey fuckers.

They've done it before mate. When they've had 2 fights of interest starting with 1 this side of the Atlantic leading to one the other side, if you dont pay for the 1 over here they have the other 1 over there on Box Office aswell.

Snidey fuckers.

Nasty move alright. So that means i'd have to pay for the haye fight, that hurts.

Streams for fights can be pretty dodgy, i've gotten great ones like the Kessler Froch fight but then on other ones cut off on me so i buy them when i can especially when Manny is fighting.

All time top 10 of Heavyweights? Or top 10 of all time?
Heavyweights, nowhere near pound for pound all time top 10.

And back to the circular argument again. The 90's boys had tough competition. Klitchko has not. And I would say his face getting splattered by Lewis to the point of ending the fight would qualify as being "badly hurt".
I refer you to the sentence above my one that you highlighted, which answers you.

Being cut isn't badly hurt in boxing, I consider being physically shaken and wobbly as being hurt.

He beat Valuev who shouldn't have had the belt on an unconvincing points decision, Mormeck, 37 and looked every day of it, Ruiz was 38 and looked totally shot, he boxed like 48 year old. He hasn't fought anyone with the calibre of Chageav or chambers who Wlad stopped and put down for the first times in their careers. Vitali fights boxers int he top ten ratings, the only one Haye has came near is Valuev and well look at him, there's plenty more examples of why Haye and the Klits are worlds apart in terms of proven boxing pedigree Rem.
I agree that Klitschkos have far greater pedigree, I disagree that Haye hasn't fought anyone though. Take the last few dominant Heavyweights and they were title holders in their late thirties, so your age argument doesn't really hold up.

As part of the agreement to fight for the title against Valuev he had to fight Ruiz anyway. Barrett is a very decent opponent for a first heavyweight fight (his fight previous to this at H/W was a tune up and he dropped down again) and for all his faults Audley is an Olympic Champion.

You're quite right, Byrnie. I know fuck all about boxing, and have little interest in it.

But this I do know - when Audley Harrison won his medal in 2000 he took £1m of the BBC licence payers money for his first ten fights. And instead of choosing opponents that actually would have tested him, he squandered it on people he could have an easy time against. I mean a mentally ill Frank Bruno who hadn't fought for seven years - if that hadn't collapsed then what the fuck would that have been about about?

I think the lazy fucker took £1m I consider would have been better spent on a decent drama series, and used it to have a 10+ fight holiday. And I'll be honest, while I can't get my share of the licence fee back I can, hopefully, watch Harrison get turned into fucking wallpaper paste.

One sentence answers the other. Top fighters always fight poor/average fighters in their first 10 fights, Amir Khan did it without the criticism levels, blame the beeb for paying so much over the odds.

One sentence answers the other. Top fighters always fight poor/average fighters in their first 10 fights, Amir Khan did it without the criticism levels, blame the beeb for paying so much over the odds.

No thanks, I'll blame Harrison and hope he takes a serious pasting.

Come on fella, if you're going to draw attention to my lack of originality, at least spell my name right.

I might have to call you Rimmie. Just to learn you, like.

How dare you! I was referring to that other forumite, you know Hidu, crazy guy.

You're so vain you probably think this post is about you, don't you?