You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Captain Jonjo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously one of his biggest mistakes.

Still doesn't make him a wanker.

Again, what's the proof that this was Rafa's mistake and not that Alonso just wanted to join Real Madrid?

Of course, it may have been that Xabi had grown unhappy with Rafa because he tried to offload him the season before but to be fair to Rafa, Xab was nothing more than average player then.

I want quotes.

Obviously one of his biggest mistakes.

Still doesn't make him a wanker.

Not saying it does mate, I try to refrain from calling Benitez names. I was using the example of Alonso as a reason why some might call him nasty names.

If it makes any odds, I think he would have pissed off anyway when Madrid came calling, he was at his peak and he is a phenomenal player, sorely missed by the club. But when the chance arrives for more money (he was forever whinging about the FX rate) and to part of an exciting new project in your home country then its obvious whats going to happen.

Fagan did a similar thing to Thompson.

There was a thread on it some time ago, sentimentality goes out of the window when you're trying to win.

It's just how football works really.

Lets face it Rafa was a cunt for making a poor football decision and Sami still pissed over all the other CBS at this club including Carra

Just to add this is what seperates Rafa from the first division of managers ie Mourinho, Fergruson, Wenger, Lippi and Ancellotti in that they would never treat a legend like sami the way Rafa did unless they spoke out of term as Japp Stamm did which did have a negative impact on that team. Mourniho would have kicked Terry out for rocking the dressing room given the chance.

Rafa is head of the second division that includes Houllier, Redknapp and Oneil

Just to add this is what seperates Rafa from the first division of managers ie Mourinho, Fergruson, Wenger, Lippi and Ancellotti in that they would never treat a legend like sami the way Rafa did unless they spoke out of term as Japp Stamm did which did have a negative impact on that team. Mourniho would have kicked Terry out for rocking the dressing room given the chance.

Rafa is head of the second division that includes Houllier, Redknapp and Oneil

What do you have to do to get into the 'First Division' then?

Christ, this thread is absolutely pathetic! Rafa is either the equivalent of a demi God or Satan's bezzie it seems. When in actual fact he was a good manager who generally made decisions that he thought was for the best of the club at the time of making them.

People need to start accepting that and moving the fuck on.

Well, I think it's a bit easier to win the league of whichever country you're managing in when you're in control of the nation's richest club.

If your talking about Mourinho CL at Porto and Inter were brilliant achievments coupled with the titles

However his biggest challenge is ahead of him because Barcelona are the best team in Spain, wheras Utd were on the way down at Chelsea tiem

If your talking about Mourinho CL at Porto and Inter were brilliant achievments coupled with the titles

However his biggest challenge is ahead of him because Barcelona are the best team in Spain, wheras Utd were on the way down at Chelsea tiem

I'd agree with you there, man.

Christ, this thread is absolutely pathetic! Rafa is either the equivalent of a demi God or Satan's bezzie it seems. When in actual fact he was a good manager who generally made decisions that he thought was for the best of the club at the time of making them.

Absolutely right.

Guest Captain Jonjo

Who gives a fook about Rafa, i'm sick of hearing his name and i'm glad i don't have to see his ugly goatee beard every week. Time to start looking at the future and not the recent miserable past.

This thread is about the legend that is Hyypia, a man who will grace the red shirt again....albeit in coaching colours.

He does divide opinion, most people sit somewhere in the middle. I think the ownership situation meant that people threw their weight behind Rafa more than they would for another manager