You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its important to remember that RP is off his tits on poppers and glue 98% of the time. If you read his posts with that in mind, it all makes perfect sense.

I'm not! I'm maybe under the influence of drink or the very occasional smoke whilst on here around 10-15% of the time at most I'd guess. I just think it'd be cool! Liverpool Montevideo > Porto > Liverpool. How is that not cool? And yeah I admit I'm slightly mad sometimes, but who isn't?

Bah I give up. Ok then it's stupid idea. I'll go sniff some aerosol, glue, then lick some windows! That better?

Buzzkills.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Spot on mate. Getting rid of him is one thing if you buy better to replace him but we have bought nothing but dross in that position since he was sold. Even the half decent Aurelio was made of glass.

Doss and Insua better than Warnock? Never in a million years.

Insua wasn't a direct replacement for Warnock so it's a pointless comparison, it was a punt on a youngster that paid off (since we made a healthy profit on him).

That said if Insua was scouse he'd probably have been given far more leway.

Insua wasn't a direct replacement for Warnock so it's a pointless comparison, it was a punt on a youngster that paid off (since we made a healthy profit on him).

That said if Insua was scouse he'd probably have been given far more leway.

I disagree that it 'paid off'. Making a profit on a player doesn't mean that it was a succesful purchase, in my opinion. You should measure your purchases on their performances.

Yeah we made a profit but that doesn't get you the goals back that he cost us, just as an example.

I don't have anything against Insua and I like him when it comes to attacking play but he's dreadful defensively, especially when turning after a pacey winger has knocked the ball past.

As for the last comment, well that's just you looking for an argument. Again.

Surely the ideal when signing youngsters is the odd one or two go on to be stars while you make a healthy profit on the ones that don't quite make it?

As for the last comment about him being scouse, it's a fact. People would have you believe he was a top performer cruelly replaced by an evil argentinean midget when the reality is he was behind a Norweigan international and Aurelio who was highly rated and part of a very good valencia side.

Surely the ideal when signing youngsters is the odd one or two go on to be stars while you make a healthy profit on the ones that don't quite make it?

As for the last comment about him being scouse, it's a fact. People would have you believe he was a top performer cruelly replaced by an evil argentinean midget when the reality is he was behind a Norweigan international and Aurelio who was highly rated and part of a very good valencia side.

I think had Emiliano had a longer contract he would've got at least another season, everyone seems to have forgotten how good he was 08/09

On Warnock i think the manager would've given him more a go if he wasn't english to be honest, instead he was just seen as little Ste Warnock from the reserves

On Warnock i think the manager would've given him more a go if he wasn't english to be honest, instead he was just seen as little Ste Warnock from the reserves

That's rubbish.

We had JAR, Aurelio & Insua coming through at the time we sold Warnock. Also we signed Arbeloa in january.

What was the point keeping him?

There was nothing wrong with actually selling him, it was just his replacements that weren't up to scratch.

That's rubbish.

We had JAR, Aurelio & Insua coming through at the time we sold Warnock. Also we signed Arbeloa in january.

What was the point keeping him?

There was nothing wrong with actually selling him, it was just his replacements that weren't up to scratch.

we should've sold Riise instead, it was obvious Aurelio was first choice when fit, Riise was on the downhill slope but still would've attracted a decent fee then whilst Warnock never let us down when he was played, considering all the chances Traore got its madness Warnock didnt play more

Javier Mascherano is ready to ask for a transfer to push through his proposed move from Liverpool to Inter Milan.

Representatives of the Argentina captain were reported to be in Milan yesterday holding informal talks over his planned transfer and expect to formulate an offer from Inter over the next week.

Inter manager Rafael Benitez agreed as part of his settlement when he left Liverpool that he would not return to sign any of their players for the next three months.

However, Liverpool are well aware that Inter are the only real contenders for Mascherano's signature.

He intends to leave and they recognise it may be in their best interests to strike a deal and sell the 26-year-old before the saga overshadows Roy Hodgson's preparations for the new season.

Inter are unwilling to offer Liverpool's valuation of £30m instead they intend to deal closer to £20m - but could offer players in return such as former Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari.

Mascherano, who has so far failed to return Hodgson's calls, is due to return to the Liverpool fold on Monday but has made it clear to friends that he wants to go.

Cash-strapped Liverpool could then use the funds to bring in necessary re-inforcements with left-back and striker among their priorities.

Meanwhile, AC Milan are showing interest in Liverpool's Ryan Babel although no formal contact has been made. Birmingham are also interested but Babel is not keen on a move to the midlands.

Read more: Javier Mascherano will demand a move from Liverpool to link up with Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan | Mail Online