You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Independence Day - Sunday 4th July 12 noon

Why couldn't SoS purchase say 10% of the Club,it doesn't have too happen overnight.

Would be a good idea but under the current ownership i doubt it would happen.

Ideally they could do with having dialogue with Broughton regards potential buyers being notified of this but whether or not Broughton would be prepared to have talks with SOS is a totally different proposition.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just home now, good day fair play to all involved and those who turned up, I think I ended up talking on camera somewhere, I'm not gona sit on the fence there's alot of things I'll praise the union for, but the slagging off of Chris Bascombe and especially David Maddock was uncalled for and to be honest will only split people,maddock may be purslows media outlet but he has been constantly anti G&H, and he should not have been criticised, the union need to stay away from the manager situation also, that's a short term issue.

Anyway I know these things take time and effort so fair play those who were involved.

So there pop at Chris and Dave is about Purslow bit different when they intiviewed him.

Why? SOS believe Purslow lied when he denied the things he said to them at the last meeting when he was told there would be no 'off the record' chat, so they are hardly likely to be friendly towards him, are they?

Agree Jay Mckenna's speech was superb.

Just wanted to say as well I'm not a religious guy or anything but I think Shanks made sure it didn't rain today. It was forecast to piss down yet not a drop.

That may be the ale talking though!

Just home now, good day fair play to all involved and those who turned up, I think I ended up talking on camera somewhere, I'm not gona sit on the fence there's alot of things I'll praise the union for, but the slagging off of Chris Bascombe and especially David Maddock was uncalled for and to be honest will only split people,maddock may be purslows media outlet but he has been constantly anti G&H, and he should not have been criticised, the union need to stay away from the manager situation also, that's a short term issue.

Anyway I know these things take time and effort so fair play those who were involved.

Absolutely loved it when the lad destroyed them two bell ends, personally.

And John Bishop was dead funny as well! Runcorn, I was 6, I had no choice!

Guest simon

Where is there proof that they are Purslows puppets? Maddock has spoke out more than any other reporter. They were both anti Rafa and thats why they were slated really its petty little things like this that make us a laughing stock. These are supposed to representing the fans and whats the thing that they wont listen to non members basically to be listened to you have to pay. Do you think thats right. Today was meant to be about whats affecting our club. So why have a pop at 2 individual reporters they are not the reason the club is in such a state. Banks and Yanks only should of been targeted pisses me off. I remember Rafa had asked to stop protests at games and look what happened they stopped. Why! IF THEY REALLY CARE FOR THE CLUB PLEASING RAFA SHOULD OF NOT BEEN A PART OF IT. All this time they have been bothered about the health of our club but that time they put everything to risk when they sung them songs. Or the burning of the burning of the american flag. Sick and thoughtless considering our biggest fan base is even in this country. So many little things. Also how they take credit for other peoples work. And how o get abused by a so called commity member. I'm just a fan wanting whats best for the club but i get abused for trying to take some action. Now if i would have paid my 10 pounds i wouldnt of been abused.

These are supposed to representing the fans and whats the thing that they wont listen to non members basically to be listened to you have to pay. Do you think thats right. .

They're a union, Simon. First and foremost they represent their members. Like any union. And if their members don't like what they hear, they have a chance to change that when the committee is voted for each year.

Shut up Simon you gimpy little cunt

Out of order, that's a guy who's committed to doing whatever he can to help rehabilitate the club, he has opinions and can argue his case with reasons to back it up. Try it yourself sometime.

Whether you agree with them or not, picking on individual journalists is not a good idea. It's petty and it's not going to make them more sympathetic to the cause when the publicity they can provide is priceless. It's more likely to cause resentment and suspicion and will lead to them and their colleagues turning against supporters. If it turns into a public battle between SOS and The Sunday Sun their will only be one winner.

That's all beside the point anyway. The reason I'm here is just because I wanted to say Well Done to everyone who turned up today and to those involved in setting it all up.

Out of order, that's a guy who's committed to doing whatever he can to help rehabilitate the club, he has opinions and can argue his case with reasons to back it up. Try it yourself sometime.

Whether you agree with them or not, picking on individual journalists is not a good idea. It's petty and it's not going to make them more sympathetic to the cause when the publicity they can provide is priceless. It's more likely to cause resentment and suspicion and will lead to them and their colleagues turning against supporters. If it turns into a public battle between SOS and The Sunday Sun their will only be one winner.

That's all beside the point anyway. The reason I'm here is just because I wanted to say Well Done to everyone who turned up today and to those involved in setting it all up.

Same here, and John Power is ace.

Paul Rice has expressed a perfectly legitimate view of how the press is considered in their coverage of the Club and the politics surrounding it.

Any objective view of articles from all journalists can lead you to tell who have been consistently and for the longest period on the right side of the arguments.

Additionally, it is clear which journalists use information given to them by the Club to mould the debate.

In a three hour Rally it was three sentences.

The key result yesterday was the launch of the credit union - which will lead to the Banks being brought into the process and the independence from the Americans (no let up on them either).

Finally, please read the material about the credit union, we would like full ownership but no on expects that initially - so talk of there's no way the fans can own the Club in the short term is probably right.

Also the argument that the Barca model cannot be followed because they already had it doesn't work - it had to start from something. This is us starting from scratch too.

The attendance estimates were a maximum of 5000 overall.

Paul Rice has expressed a perfectly legitimate view of how the press is considered in their coverage of the Club and the politics surrounding it.

Any objective view of articles from all journalists can lead you to tell who have been consistently and for the longest period on the right side of the arguments.

Additionally, it is clear which journalists use information given to them by the Club to mould the debate.

In a three hour Rally it was three sentences.

The key result yesterday was the launch of the credit union - which will lead to the Banks being brought into the process and the independence from the Americans (no let up on them either).

Finally, please read the material about the credit union, we would like full ownership but no on expects that initially - so talk of there's no way the fans can own the Club in the short term is probably right.

Also the argument that the Barca model cannot be followed because they already had it doesn't work - it had to start from something. This is us starting from scratch too.

The attendance estimates were a maximum of 5000 overall.

Has Dave Maddock not been consistent in his criticism of the owners?

Has Dave Maddock not been consistent in his criticism of the owners?

I, and many others do not consider him as being consistently on the right side of the arguments.

It is also pretty clear that he is a conduit to stories favourable to the senior mangement.

I don't want to take this thread off topic so if anyone wants to start a thread dealing with the track record of journalists feel free.

I, and many others do not consider him as being consistently on the right side of the arguments.

It is also pretty clear that he is a conduit to stories favourable to the senior mangement.

I don't want to take this thread off topic so if anyone wants to start a thread dealing with the track record of journalists feel free.

And other journalists named by Paul have printed stories in favour of Benitez, despite his totally shit performance on the pitch last season. I posted a few pages back a long article David printed in favor of SOS and how people should join them.

I can understand peoples grievances with Bascombe, but Maddock was totally un-called for. I suppose it's because he didn't toe the Benitez line all too often.

And other journalists named by Paul have printed stories in favour of Benitez, despite his totally shit performance on the pitch last season. I posted a few pages back a long article David printed in favor of SOS and how people should join them.

I can understand peoples grievances with Bascombe, but Maddock was totally un-called for. I suppose it's because he didn't toe the Benitez line all too often.

Isn't there a massive difference between pro-Benitez and pro-management stories?

I make my own mind up on the playing side and management side as at the end of the day that is a question of taste. The whole pro- and anti-Rafa debates were tedious to me as I had my own views and journalists didn't make my mind up.

However, what is far more insidous is the question of the Club, its future and the motives and conduct of senior management.

When journalists are used to manipulate public opinion about the quality of our senior management and that as a tactic is then used to undermine the manager (any manager) then that is stepping over a line.

Defensive football? Lucas? Zonal marking? I don't care about who gets what scoop from what source as I can see for myself what the score is on those things.

Private briefings, using the press to put a rosy picture on things within the Club and bigging people up - sorry, that's where I draw a line.

Agree Jay Mckenna's speech was superb.

Just wanted to say as well I'm not a religious guy or anything but I think Shanks made sure it didn't rain today. It was forecast to piss down yet not a drop.

That may be the ale talking though!

Cringe.

If Shanks is capable of not making it rain, he's capable of giving two cunts heart attacks.

I hate it when people throw out the "he was looking down/watching over us" canard.

Isn't there a massive difference between pro-Benitez and pro-management stories?

I make my own mind up on the playing side and management side as at the end of the day that is a question of taste. The whole pro- and anti-Rafa debates were tedious to me as I had my own views and journalists didn't make my mind up.

However, what is far more insidous is the question of the Club, its future and the motives and conduct of senior management.

When journalists are used to manipulate public opinion about the quality of our senior management and that as a tactic is then used to undermine the manager (any manager) then that is stepping over a line.

Defensive football? Lucas? Zonal marking? I don't care about who gets what scoop from what source as I can see for myself what the score is on those things.

Private briefings, using the press to put a rosy picture on things within the Club and bigging people up - sorry, that's where I draw a line.

Fair Points.

But Benitez was guilty of manipulating the fans, especially when it came to the 5 year contract he got last season.

He gave exclusives to the likes of Tony Evans and Barrett. As for Maddock, he may or may not be getting briefed by Purslow or Broughton but he has spoken out against the owners, in podcasts and the like and he spoken out in favour of the film coming out soon documenting the yanks, and he has spoken in favour of SOS just to name a few things. I don't see why they had to slag off Maddock like that.