You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

Guest ian garro
This litle gem's not going away, is it?

Not for a while, it probably won't, no. Whilst, as someone who would have preferred Benitez to stay, I won't be joining in with it, I can see why people would.

All those platitudes rolled out last season; "top managers would crawl over broken glass" and "we are still Liverpool" etc etc, look a bit empty now.

All those shouting the loudest, most vitriolic abuse, have strangely disappeared though...

Oh I agree, but we have no money?

Then he'll have to be creative, I suppose.

"Improvements" like Zamora and Murphy aren't going to get us back into the top 4.

If you are happy to accept that, then you can advocate as many average players as you like.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you not think they are improvements?

Not particularly. Danny is 33, Zamora is rocking on 30. They both had full season, N'Gog didn't.

They are both English, which is why you're talking about them, I suspect.

Me and my mate have just been discussing this by text and it is a thoroughly depressing day. Roy is going into this with his eyes wide open, and he's probably been told to sell x,y and z for £50 million and get £10m of it to spend. Our prospects are not good and will only pick up when dumb and dumber have been removed from our club.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/86806-id-love-see-him-interim-manager-love-2.html#post2047049

the fact that i foresaw this by seven months is proof that this appointment is inspired

roy hodgson brings something we have been lacking for years - an ability to spot a good player where others do not and to an ability to improve undeperforming ones

he also understands the subtleties of building a players confidence

the questions remain over his tactical ability, his ability to spend big (not really a problem for us) and his ability to manage a bunch of egotistical underachievers that are currently referred to here as steven gerrard and jamie carragher

Not particularly. Danny is 33, Zamora is rocking on 30. They both had full season, N'Gog didn't.

They are both English, which is why you're talking about them, I suspect.

Nope. I'm talking about them because they are better than Lucas and Ngog

Possibly because this

:wallbutt:

isn't their idea of fun?

I love it!

But you were not part of the hypocritical band of merry men, you actually rate Rafa as a coach but couldn't stand the politicking and If I recall you probably would have given him another year. This is a bit different to what some imbeciles suggested ie Jose, Hiddink anyone could do job etc etc.

May be getting shot of most of the coaching staff mightn't be such a bad thing.

How might that not be a bad thing?

In my opinion majority of the coaches within the club are full of the high end of qualifications, a lot more than any possible english coaches Hodgson may bring in. They focus on technical aspects of a players development, and develop them properly.

I said in the Rafa's Coaching Staff thread the other day I believe the framework that Rafa set up for the Academy left us in a good position for the future, and I believe that would carry on right through to the first team.