You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

I myself did not see Hodgson as the ideal fit however if you are going to appoint a manager at least give him a three year contract. There are plenty of vultures within football who pray on weakness, agents media etc.

The reasoning behind this is if we are struggling at the start of the season it stops those baying for blood also when trying to attract players ( if we do) we can at least say we have a man in for the next few years.

It would have been a catastrophe to give him one year and he would have been a dead man walking. I am trying too look for positives here and I am struggling however maybe with an Englishman at the helm the media will seriously go for the jugular of the owners. Now they have an Englishman at the helm of a big club they wont want it ruined. It is going to be fun watching the media change their tune hopefully this will help the bigger picture.

Oh any news about Kenny and what his plans are?

Yeah it will do.

Sorry for the flippancy before, but as I've said anyone who thinks Rafa was staying or would work in the conditions Roy has agreed to take on is kidding themselves.

People should stop saying "we dumped Rafa for this???" simply because Rafa wasn't hanging around. It suits the lovelorn to pretend otherwise, but he wasn't.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Murphy > Lucas

Zamora > Ngog

Two improvements right there

So, basically, lets just be Fulham.

why keep harping on about Rafa,ok you and most fans don't want Roy but give the guy a chance at least.

I am, read what I said again.

He's our manager now, I'll support him through thick and thin.

Oh, and for the record, I wasn't a Rafalite, I wasn't arsed when he sacked, he'd taken his eye off the ball on football matters, it was the fact that I could see it would pan out this way, it was never going to go well. But hey, there you go, we've Woy now, lets hope he can hold on to our assets

I know I shouldn't be like this, but I can't help become more and more angry with this appointment.

I also got a text off a mate in work who works inside Melwood with the coaches (he does football coaching with the homeless on one of our contracts) in fact he posts on here (Furmedge)

The text word for word

"Was speaking to Liverpool FC Coaches at work yesterday and they confirmed Woy's appointment as boss. Underwhelmed was the reaction from each and every one of them. Woy is going to have difficult time to win over the staff, never mind the fans"

So it appears that the wonderful hierarchy we have running our club have not even spoken to the people inside the club as to who they would feel would a suitable replacement for our previous manager.

And I find that quite frankly disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised to see an exodus of the coaching staff in the near future.

So it's not just the fans who are not happy with this appointment.

I know I am being a neg head but I can't even read the papers, internet and see Hodgson's name or picture without getting even angrier. It is just a stupid decision, plain and simple.

May be getting shot of most of the coaching staff mightn't be such a bad thing.

Although a part of me can't help but see him as an appointment of those 2 bastards, and therefor tainted, I'm trying my fuckin hardest to see a positive and re-stir my support.

I don't agree with what's gone on at the club over the past few months, infact I'm disgusted with it, but the fact is he's here now and whether we like it or not he is the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

I don't blame him for taking the job and I don't agree with the idea that he's out of order for not letting "his mate" Kenny take it. He's been offered a job at a massive club, a club he never dreamt he'd have the chance to manage. For those reasons he may be willing to work under shitty conditions, but sadly that's the age our club lives in now.

I'm just hoping that maybe this is the break he's been waiting for and he's a great success. We shall see.

Good luck, and let's not forget..

YANKS OUT NOW

and any chance we can knock with this "Woy" shit on the head? Tiresome, given he's now our manager.

Sorry for the flippancy before, but as I've said anyone who thinks Rafa was staying or would work in the conditions Roy has agreed to take on is kidding themselves.

People should stop saying "we dumped Rafa for this???" simply because Rafa wasn't hanging around. It suits the lovelorn to pretend otherwise, but he wasn't.

No problem mate. I just want what's best for my club, and I don't think this appointment is.

It probably was time to move onwards, but I can't really see this being upwards.

I am, read what I said again.

He's our manager now, I'll support him through thick and thin.

Oh, and for the record, I wasn't a Rafalite, I wasn't arsed when he sacked, he'd taken his eye off the ball on football matters, it was the fact that I could see it would pan out this way, it was never going to go well. But hey, there you go, we've Woy now, lets hope he can hold on to our assets

Ok mate not here to argue with anyone.......LFC FIRST AND FOREMOST :thumbup: