You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Juventus begin to hire backroom staff for Liverpool boss Benitez

bonesman

Ah boo hoo! Naughty people dont want rafa!

I'll say it again for you. benitez wasnt a hot manager when we were linked with him His competition for the job was strachan and curbushley. Are you seriously telling me Liverpool didnt looked at each of them as more or less equals at the time?

Grow some intelligence will you.

You dont keep a manager on because a few blurts say 'who you going to replace him with?'

Was that your stance with houllier? Oh, we cant get rid because who's going to come in?

He competition was Mourinho.

So just for the record, amuse me. Who replaces him?

What if where like West Brom John? Playing good footballing but not getting any results.

Or what if a new manager comes in and plays the same style of football Rafa has played this season?

I honestly doubt that would be possible, we have no attacking gameplan, we are overall shite at the back, we suck at defensive set pieces and our attacking ones are nothing to write home about either and on top of that our team is made up mostly by players with poor technique, no pace and lack of a football brain.

The competition when we got rid of the frenchman, was curbushly (gerrard's choice), strachan (god knows why) and benitez.

I dont see how I can give a name since we dont know how the club will be shaping over the summer. So any name is highly speculative.

But you can have mourinho (you mentioned him) Van Gaal, Jochum Lowe, Hodgson for starters.

Now you come back with something like 'you must be joking, we havent the cash \ cant attract any of them' blah, blah, blah.

A list of a few good candidates could include the likes of Lippi, Capello, Mourinho, Deschamps, J.Ferreira, Hitzfeld, Gasparini, J.Low, Magath, Heynckes among others.

What if where like West Brom John? Playing good footballing but not getting any results.

Or what if a new manager comes in and plays the same style of football Rafa has played this season?

Bit mischievous to say ''this season'' Mikey. It has just been a lot more tangible this season because the results have dried up. I am not for one minute saying it has been shite throughout the majority of Rafa's reign because it really hasn't but there have been very alarming signs over the past few years that this would turn out to be the case. Remember the 0 goals in open play away from home until December in 06-07 as a case in point. Betcha Tomkins would never mention that in his list of records somehow?

If we play like West Brom as your example suggests, pass and move, I think because obviously we have better players than West Brom it will be a happier camp and results would surely improve anyway. You can't seriously tell me you think the players are happy with the way they are being set up to go out and play mate?

Hahahaha. Some cunt who posted this link and para then removed it from his post.

Wonder why?

Liverpool go for Mourinho | Football | The Guardian

Should Mourinho, whose Porto side compete in the Champions League final against Monaco tomorrow, sign the proposed four-year contract on offer at Chelsea then the Anfield board will turn their attentions elsewhere. The Valencia coach Rafael Benitez, Alan Curbishley and Gordon Strachan are all leading contenders.

So let's get this straight.

Liverpool's target after houllier went was a manager who was on the brink of signing a 4 year deal with chelsea. Our real options were as stated, strachan, benitez and curbushley.

Now, people are seriously trying to suggest curbushley and strachan were in that list as stalking horses for benitez?

Someone's having a fucking laff.

Oh, and as for the quote, I said para which has been removed yer fucking spaz.

Check the guardian link the spaz posted with the para then removed it. Course you'd know all about posting as different people, wouldnt you?

Mourinho was on the verge of signing a 4 year deal with chelsea and you think he was benitez's competiton for the managers job?

ha fucking ha!

Bit mischievous to say ''this season'' Mikey. It has just been a lot more tangible this season because the results have dried up. I am not for one minute saying it has been shite throughout the majority of Rafa's reign because it really hasn't but there have been very alarming signs over the past few years that this would turn out to be the case. Remember the 0 goals in open play away from home until December in 06-07 as a case in point. Betcha Tomkins would never mention that in his list of records somehow?

If we play like West Brom as your example suggests, pass and move, I think because obviously we have better players than West Brom it will be a happier camp and results would surely improve anyway. You can't seriously tell me you think the players are happy with the way they are being set up to go out and play mate?

Mischievous? With a reputation like mine?

I'll be honest mate this is the worst season since the CL for football in my opinion. Last season we had a dip in form but managed to recover with a brilliant run, like most other seasons. Thats the problem this season we haven't put a decent run of wins together.

There are many players to blame along with Rafa this season in my opinion and that includes our big guns bar Pepe and possibly The Chief. It's 60% Rafa's fault and 40% the players fault.

That interview with Arbeloa pointed out Rafa's tactics are based on memory, you can always see in Carra's and Pepe's reactions when someone forgets thier position or job. The set up is no different from last year as far as I can see, so a lot of finger pointing can be put in the direction of players. We have seen glimpse, albeit small ones of how we can play. And for me thats the most frustrating part of this season. Too little when it mattered, from everybody.

You can have this one for free

icLiverpool - The two frontrunners to replace Houllier

JOSE MOURINHO has moved ahead of Rafael Benitez as favourite to become the next manager at Anfield as Liverpool prepare for life after Gerard Houllier.....Mourinho has been linked heavily with a move to Chelsea in recent weeks but Liverpool are ready to battle with the Londoners for his signature..

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

Liverpool cannot compete with the £4million-a-year salary Chelsea are offering, but have been encouraged by Mourinho's con-cern over Roman Abramovich's inclination to involve himself in the purchase of players and his pronouncement he is interested in a role at Anfield..

..Charlton Athletic manager Alan Curbishley remains an option, but while Liverpool are admirers of his achievements at The Valley, he is now not a leading contender..

Crazy shit, the internet.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're 100% on a wind up. Anyone as preposterously stupid as you appear to be, would have trouble getting through the tougher challenges of life (opening doors, doing up zips, wiping arse) unscathed.

Hahahahaha. I've just handed you your arse on a platter again and that's your best shot!?

No wonder you're so familiar with the word spaz. Its because you're the biggest spaz here.

Check the guardian link the spaz posted with the para then removed it. Course you'd know all about posting as different people, wouldnt you?

Mourinho was on the verge of signing a 4 year deal with chelsea and you think he was benitez's competiton for the managers job?

ha fucking ha!

Bolshie sometimes just better to quit mate. It really does make sense.

Guest TK-421
It's like the election.

'If we sack Benitez we're going to get someone like Bryan Robson'

It's fucking scare mongering and bullshit.

That could well be so, who do you think we'll get if Rafa departs?

I think we'll struggle if there are no clear signs of the ownership situation being resolved by the end of the transfer window.

You can have this one for free

icLiverpool - The two frontrunners to replace Houllier

JOSE MOURINHO has moved ahead of Rafael Benitez as favourite to become the next manager at Anfield as Liverpool prepare for life after Gerard Houllier.....Mourinho has been linked heavily with a move to Chelsea in recent weeks but Liverpool are ready to battle with the Londoners for his signature..

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

Liverpool cannot compete with the £4million-a-year salary Chelsea are offering, but have been encouraged by Mourinho's con-cern over Roman Abramovich's inclination to involve himself in the purchase of players and his pronouncement he is interested in a role at Anfield..

..Charlton Athletic manager Alan Curbishley remains an option, but while Liverpool are admirers of his achievements at The Valley, he is now not a leading contender..

Crazy shit, the internet.

Fucking hell, you make it so easy. Yeah nothing like issuing statements about other jobs to get the chairman to meet your demands, is there?

Look spaz, if you want to believe than mourinho was seriously in line for the Liverpool manager role, go head.

Makes me wonder why you slag him off so much.

Mischievous? With a reputation like mine?

I'll be honest mate this is the worst season since the CL for football in my opinion. Last season we had a dip in form but managed to recover with a brilliant run, like most other seasons. Thats the problem this season we haven't put a decent run of wins together.

There are many players to blame along with Rafa this season in my opinion and that includes our big guns bar Pepe and possibly The Chief. It's 60% Rafa's fault and 40% the players fault.

That interview with Arbeloa pointed out Rafa's tactics are based on memory, you can always see in Carra's and Pepe's reactions when someone forgets thier position or job. The set up is no different from last year as far as I can see, so a lot of finger pointing can be put in the direction of players. We have seen glimpse, albeit small ones of how we can play. And for me thats the most frustrating part of this season. Too little when it mattered, from everybody.

Even the CL season we were very poor in the league for the majority of it but there were glimpses of the odd special bit of class football which made you think. One of my favourite goals, in fact probably my favourite goal from that season is the opener in the Arsenal 2-1 when Xabi rifled one into the top corner when the movement and passing opened Arsenal up for the space for Xabi to move into and ping it into the top corner. I will never tire of seeing that goal. Fantastic football against the best team in the land at that moment in time. Arsenal like in its quality and execution some people might say.

There was plenty for Rafa to learn back then, new country, new league so you could expect us to be inconsistent as we were whilst he was putting his own mark on things but are things really that much better nearly 6 years later? The football certainly isn't. The league position certainly isn't.