You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

For me, this announcement is very significant because I don't think it would have come without there already being very interested parties with even the possibilty of a new owner very close. I wouldn't be at all surprised if something was announced very soon, even within the next 5 or 6 weeks. With Pepe signing a contract, Masch wanting to stay, Carra now talking about staying instead of leaving; it seems to add towards positive news.

People also need to step away from the fact Broughton is a Chelsea fan. It doesn't matter. He is a top rated business man and known world wide and is massively respected. It is actually quite a bonus that he is the one overseeing the sale.

Nobody should fool themselves that there wont be debt though. There will be. But as long as it's manageable debt that is reduced over time, then that's fine.

I'm quite happy today I have to say. Wary. But happy.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound a bit shit to some, but I just want some absolutely stinking filthy rich arab or summat who will blow stupid amounts of money and not really care how much.

We have the name, the draw and the pedigree to blow the likes of man city and chelsea in to the dust.

That's not something i've ever wanted but after the last couple of years, I can't say i'd complain too loudly.

Aye, I was always in the 'stadium needed for stability and self sufficiency' camp but Chelsea and Citeh have changed the equation so much, if we want to be where we want to be, its going to take a big sugar daddy to sort this out.

This is the beginning of the end. And my guess is it will happen pretty quickly.

Why? Because guys like G&H do not risk the humiliation of publicly hawking their asset around and risk not getting a buyer. They have gone public because there is an acceptable offer in the wings and the timescale will now look as if they have acted swiftly and decisively.

Rafa will go, Jose in and a decent war chest for the summer.

I'm sickened by some fans who want a sugar daddy at the club to spend millions and millions at the club.

As much as I want to see us win the league etc etc the idea of going down the Chelsea and now City way is disgusting, you don't need Billionaires throwing money around to be a success, a few key signings is all we need.

Warren Buffet would be the man.

He takes businesses which he feels are undervalued and invests in them to make them the best they can be.

Or maybe the UAE fronted by that Syrian bloke called something like Yhaa Kirda. Sounds like he might be good for the health of the club.

I think it is a great thing for the club but a bad thing for Benitez. With better owners the time for excuses will be over. No more wasting of vast amounts of money and blaming it on the owners.

With all due respect, who gives a fuck about Benitez in this context?

Getting decent owners is far more important to the club than whoever manages the team.

With all due respect, who gives a fuck about Benitez in this context?

Getting decent owners is far more important to the club than whoever manages the team.

Amen to that. The long term future of the club is at stake here. Rafa, Gerrard, Torres, Carra, etc, simply don't matter in this context.

* The Club's revenues have increased by 55%;

* Commercial revenues have increased by 83%;

* Operating profit (before player trading and exceptionals) has increased by 60%.

This is the reason they think they can get £500m from somebody along with the design, planning permission and small amount of aid when paying for the ground.

Let us get this straight those increases are nothing compared with the debt they have placed on the club. They have increased revenue but not enough to make the club profitable and that is what matters when somebody weighs up the price they want to pay. We have also failed to qualify for Europe this year and that could be just the beginning of a very alarming slide. From the best team in Europe according to ranking to not even getting into the most prestigous club competition in the world or pushing on from a second place finish in the once best league in the world. That in my eyes results in a massive fail. They are going to have to lower their expectations drastically if they want to profit at all. If they hold on too long they are going to end up losing out.

If there was a season to fail this was it.

Good bye Yanks you are leaving without a golden handshake.

Ha Ha (it makes our season so much more easier to live with).

Yanks = fail, Season = massive success.

What the fuck was Parry being paid for?

Commerical up by 83%?

Clueless cunt

I'd like to know whether the better TV-deal is booked under commercial. Would make the improvement much less impressive.

Still it is obvious that the club has become more professional and better at making money since The Clown left the building.