You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fowler VS Torres

Fowlers God

You make Robbie Fowler sound like some kind of footballing dinosaur. A cute, sepia-tinged anachronism from days gone by.

Fucking bollocks. A fit, 21 year old Fowler would be scoring 25+ goals now.

I would still take Fowler over Ngog or El zhar on the bench now any days. You dont even have to get him match fit, Just 20 mins fit and he could turn the game for you.

Guest ShoePiss

Robbie Fowler circa 1995-97 would have scored that goal Torres scored yesterday.

He didn't need the power or pace of Torres to pull off amazing goals from outside the box or the instinctive poacher goals. He had it all. I think some of the people here didn't see Fowler in his pomp.

Anyway the goal king is Ian Rush...

Robbie Fowler circa 1995-97 would have scored that goal Torres scored yesterday.

He didn't need the power or pace of Torres to pull off amazing goals from outside the box or the instinctive poacher goals. He had it all. I think some of the people here didn't see Fowler in his pomp.

Anyway the goal king is Ian Rush...

Agreed greatest number 9 i have ever seen

Fernando Torres has the physical aspects that Robbie never had. Height, power, and pace. If you take how clinical Robbie was... and stick it on a bigger frame, with more power and pace? Think of that player... that player would be better than Fernando Torres.

Not meaning to pick holes in your statement there Lancey boy.

But.

That bit in bold is just not possible.

;)

If we are talking natural finishers who have played for Liverpool then you need to be looking at Ian Rush but thats an all new thread.

I still think Robbie was a more natural finisher, and barring injuries, big nosed former centre halves & demented Frenchmen, may have stood a chance of getting even closer to Rush.