You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fuck the NHS. These are the heroes we should be applauding.

Kind of tragic though that young people end up doing this shit because there's no actual real jobs.

There was a thing on channel 4 the other week about a group of young people who'd gone to ibiza to work, basicslly one ended up flexing his pecs online for money (people subscribe to watch that shit apparently), and there were three brothers who'd gone to start their own video marketing company, but they never seemed to get paid and were clearly starving. They'd do a 'deal' to film a poop party at Lineker's bar or something and their quid pro quo was 'facebook exposure'. They then got a follow up gig with a millionaire club promoter in Thailand, also for no money, but with the promise of 'great exposure'.

At their age, their parents probably owned a house and had a pension.

Linkedin is filled with these people, people with 'guru' in their job titles but don't seem to do anything, at least nothing you can get your head around.

We've seen all this during the economic damage done during lockdown. The country is painted as some dynamo of small business innovation, like we're all ditching our day jobs to embrace our dreams, but in most cases it's people acting out of desperation. Selling their cup cakes on facebook or some shit. But they've got barely if any savings, and as soon as this hit millions were on their arse virtually instantly.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No 24 hour or 48 hour twitter boycott ie Wiley for the above by Rachel Riley and the rest of the israeli mob,  Riley described Rashford her hero a couple of weeks ago but shes silent over the above, I wonder why?

Why isn’t this person doing what I want them to? 

if you have a remote control for Riley and all you want her to do is tweet then you are a bigger cunt than I thought possible. 

Edit:  a quick check of her account shows her tweeting support today for the Chinese Muslims currently being ethnically cleansed

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Why isn’t this person what I want them to? 

if you have a remote control for Riley and all you want her to do is tweet then you are a bigger cunt than I thought possible. 

I couldn't give a fuck what the slag does to be honest, I'm merely pointing out what a fucking two bob fraud she is, all her pretent outrage does the cause against real racism and anti semitism no good at all.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I couldn't give a fuck what the slag does to be honest, I'm merely pointing out what a fucking two bob fraud she is, all her pretent outrage does the cause against real racism and anti semitism no good at all.

No you weren’t, you were making yourself look dumb again.  Well done. Another keyboard on the way. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No you weren’t, you were making yourself look dumb again.  Well done. Another keyboard on the way. 

I dont know who the fuck you are to call anyone a dull cunt with your record tory boy . The high opinion you seem to hold of yourself is tiresome, its certainly not justified.

The keyboard joke is only funny in your own head. Now go and stamp some gas tokens 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I dont know who the fuck you are to call anyone a dull cunt with your record tory boy . The high opinion you seem to hold of yourself is tiresome, its certainly not justified.

The keyboard joke is only funny in your own head. Now go and stamp some gas tokens 

It was dumb, not dull, you dumb cunt.  

(As an aside it was me that got rid of gas stamps - imagine that’s why I have such a high opinion of myself. Granny’s loved ‘em). 

Save the Whale!

what about tigers? Why do you hate tigers so much? Bigot, fraud! 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

It was dumb, not dull, you dumb cunt.  

(As an aside it was me that got rid of gas stamps - imagine that’s why I have such a high opinion of myself. Granny’s loved ‘em). 

Rico, their are two types of people who over the course of their sad little lives vote for the Conservative party. 

A. Selfish people who are billionaires or multi millionaires.

B. People who are unbelievably dull and fucking stupid.

Now go check your bank balance to see which of the two you are.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Rico, their are two types of people who over the course of their sad little lives vote for the Conservative party. 

A. Selfish people who are billionaires or multi millionaires.

B. People who are unbelievably dull and fucking stupid.

Now go check your bank balance to see which of the two you are.

Ha ha shall we call is Gnosher’s law?  I’m about a million away. 

On 07/09/2020 at 08:19, Section_31 said:

Kind of tragic though that young people end up doing this shit because there's no actual real jobs.

There was a thing on channel 4 the other week about a group of young people who'd gone to ibiza to work, basicslly one ended up flexing his pecs online for money (people subscribe to watch that shit apparently), and there were three brothers who'd gone to start their own video marketing company, but they never seemed to get paid and were clearly starving. They'd do a 'deal' to film a poop party at Lineker's bar or something and their quid pro quo was 'facebook exposure'. They then got a follow up gig with a millionaire club promoter in Thailand, also for no money, but with the promise of 'great exposure'.

At their age, their parents probably owned a house and had a pension.

Linkedin is filled with these people, people with 'guru' in their job titles but don't seem to do anything, at least nothing you can get your head around.

We've seen all this during the economic damage done during lockdown. The country is painted as some dynamo of small business innovation, like we're all ditching our day jobs to embrace our dreams, but in most cases it's people acting out of desperation. Selling their cup cakes on facebook or some shit. But they've got barely if any savings, and as soon as this hit millions were on their arse virtually instantly.

I recognise that I'm gonna sound like a proper grumpy old cunt here but....

There's plenty of real jobs out there (engineering, construction, systems engineering, manufacturing etc). No-one wants to do them. Part of the problem stems from our education system churning our droids trained to hoover up vast amounts of information -without the first idea how to process it and then extrapolate knowledge from its application to real-world problems.  Ally that to a generation raised on the internet believing that being an influencer or some other form of microcelebrity is a secure job for life. And voila, a glut of people thinking they can be media stars off the back of a few tik-toks they did for their GCSE in digital media.

Meh!

2 minutes ago, cochyn said:

I recognise that I'm gonna sound like a proper grumpy old cunt here but....

There's plenty of real jobs out there (engineering, construction, systems engineering, manufacturing etc). No-one wants to do them. The problem stems from our education system churning our droids trained to hoover up vast amounts of information -without the first idea how to process it and then extrapolate knowledge from its application to real-world problems.  Ally that to a generation raised on the internet believing that being an influencer or some other form of microcelebrity is a secure job for life. And voila, a glut of people thinking they can be media stars off the back of a few tik-toks they did for their GCSE in digital media.

Meh!

Have to disagree there mate. Agree in part with the last bit that there's a lot of strange ideas out there about easy money and instant fame, but if I was 18 in Liverpool now and didn't want to go to uni I haven't got a fucking clue what I'd do.

You used to have big employers like Ford and Camal Laird who, if they do offer things like traineeships and apprenticeships now, will be a minute percentage of what they were and probably inferior in terms of pay and conditions. 

There used to be a fair few public sector jobs in Liverpool thanks to new labour but Cameron's mob waged war on that in the hope that, once laid off, all those staff would spring forth and start their own Google and Facebook. In practice, they probably went to work in M&S, Costa or an Amazon warehouse.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have to disagree there mate. Agree in part with the last bit that there's a lot of strange ideas out there about easy money and instant fame, but if I was 18 in Liverpool now and didn't want to go to uni I haven't got a fucking clue what I'd do.

You used to have big employers like Ford and Camal Laird who, if they do offer things like traineeships and apprenticeships now, will be a minute percentage of what they were and probably inferior in terms of pay and conditions. 

There used to be a fair few public sector jobs in Liverpool thanks to new labour but Cameron's mob waged war on that in the hope that, once laid off, all those staff would spring forth and start their own Google and Facebook. In practice, they probably went to work in M&S, Costa or an Amazon warehouse.

Fair point mate. True, the big companies aren't waiting at the school gates like they were. God knows you need a (good) degree to get an corporate internship for most decent jobs these days. Probably one for a different thread, and I appreciate I'm coming from the point of having been lucky enough to benefit from a good education. But in my industry I'm seeing a glut of graduates and a dearth of employees with a practical skill-set. The upshot is plumbers out of college on £350 a day and graduate draughtsmen of a similar age making that a week. Market forces.