You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This fella is getting picked up in an hour. Loved having him. I think he knows because he got on the bed this morning and went asleep on my leg when normally he jumps up and falls asleep with his arse facing us. Just had his last walk round Croxteth Park, gonna miss him he’s been a god send this last month. 

ECD2CD3C-8CB7-4C8E-9786-2828DBEAE0FB.jpeg

493C0067-A79A-4288-9290-B39E88D99D4D.jpeg

6B8F80D2-AF0D-4088-AAC2-5F7380D4704D.jpeg

005CC4AD-59E7-41D8-A972-8D217F027ADE.jpeg

023A14B2-2032-48CA-9C33-5DBE466981DD.jpeg

E10589CD-4548-4B1D-B723-993A88CC7108.jpeg

EAC1015E-14EF-453F-842A-F4EF3EEA0773.jpeg

5B6FFB58-E570-49BF-B23B-AFA9643A1D0E.jpeg

C1E305F2-8659-45C0-84CD-011D15FBB224.jpeg

You obviously love dogs, how come you don't have one?

2 minutes ago, Qwikage said:

Very sensible mate. You feeling ok!

Hahaha I'm fine, I'll be lost in the morning when he isn't here to walk like. 

He's one of my best mates dogs so I'll see him loads. got him again in June for two weeks. Absolute belter of a dog though. So well behaved, brilliant character. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha I'm fine, I'll be lost in the morning when he isn't here to walk like. 

He's one of my best mates dogs so I'll see him loads. got him again in June for two weeks. Absolute belter of a dog though. So well behaved, brilliant character. 

Have you considered dog fostering mate. My wife used to work for wood green (the one on the telly) and we used to do it. We always took the ones that struggled in kennels. It was hard at times letting some of them go, but its usually only for a few weeks and the information you can feed back to the rescue shelter helps them get better homes. I know it's ot for everyone but it is very rewarding.

15 hours ago, Qwikage said:

Have you considered dog fostering mate. My wife used to work for wood green (the one on the telly) and we used to do it. We always took the ones that struggled in kennels. It was hard at times letting some of them go, but its usually only for a few weeks and the information you can feed back to the rescue shelter helps them get better homes. I know it's ot for everyone but it is very rewarding.

Nah mate not here anyway. She’s already missing him more than she’s arsed about me , we would end up owners of about 40 dogs in 6 months. 

Plus it heightens the chances of a certain poster being invited round to meet the parents by one of them. 

A warm one today in Sydney. Winston loves sunbathing on his couch but after ten minutes or so he'd had enough and headed in to the air-conditioning. Soon as he was in, Matilda was straight into his spot  She only lasted a few minutes and came in too. Going to be about 94 tomorrow so they'll just sleep all day most likely and then go full on gremlin when it turns dark..

20220217_100606.jpg

20220217_102949.jpg

20220217_102906.jpg

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, the chimp said:

A warm one today in Sydney. Winston loves sunbathing on his couch but after ten minutes or so he'd had enough and headed in to the air-conditioning. Soon as he was in, Matilda was straight into his spot  She only lasted a few minutes and came in too. Going to be about 94 tomorrow so they'll just sleep all day most likely and then go full on gremlin when it turns dark..

20220217_100606.jpg

20220217_102949.jpg

20220217_102906.jpg

94? You bloody show off. Its pissing down,windy and about 6 degrees celsius here (43 fahrenheit)

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

94? You bloody show off. Its pissing down,windy and about 6 degrees celsius here (43 fahrenheit)

The Mrs is back home in a couple of weeks and I wish I could go with her. I've said it before, but as sad as it sounds, a quick walk in the rain from Netherley to Belle Vale, passing Lee Park golfie on the left and mooching around the shops is much missed. 

• 3 weeks later...

We've been thinking of getting another dog for a while and decided to look for a rescue dog.

There's a dog rescue centre called Many Tears which I've known about for several years. 

They take and home dogs that have been used as puppy factories that have seen very little of the outside world, had little human contact and been treated badly, and are very scared, some traumatised. 

Heartbreaking really, hence the name Many Tears.

Their base is in Llanelli, which is a hell of a trek, but they do have people who foster dogs when they can, and this is one of the dogs we have gone for.

The criteria for 'adopting' one of their dogs is very strict because they want to make sure the dog is going to the best possible home, and we've been accepted to become the proud owners of this beautiful 9 month old Cockapoo who we are naming Hattie and are collecting, subject to there being no problems with her and our other two dogs tomorrow.

Can't wait.

raflesia18-12-21a.jpg

raflesia18-12-21d.jpg

Raflesia-03-03-22a.jpg

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We've been thinking of getting another dog for a while and decided to look for a rescue dog.

There's a dog rescue centre called Many Tears which I've known about for several years. 

They take and home dogs that have been used as puppy factories that have seen very little of the outside world, had little human contact and been treated badly, and are very scared, some traumatised. 

Heartbreaking really, hence the name Many Tears.

Their base is in Llanelli, which is a hell of a trek, but they do have people who foster dogs when they can, and this is one of the dogs we have gone for.

The criteria for 'adopting' one of their dogs is very strict because they want to make sure the dog is going to the best possible home, and we've been accepted to become the proud owners of this beautiful 9 month old Cockapoo who we are naming Hattie and are collecting, subject to there being no problems with her and our other two dogs tomorrow.

Can't wait.

raflesia18-12-21a.jpg

raflesia18-12-21d.jpg

Raflesia-03-03-22a.jpg

What a little sweetheart, good on you for taking her on mate!

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

What a little sweetheart, good on you for taking her on mate!

The woman who fostered her reckons she had been kept in a cage for most of her life before Many Tears got her in late December, so she's not had the best start.

She's had her for five days and she said she had made progress in that time, but it's going to be a slog to get her were she should be.

She's very wary of people and very scared so it's probably going to be challenging.

The rewards though will be something else.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The woman who fostered her reckons she had been kept in a cage for most of her life before Many Tears got her in late December, so she's not had the best start.

She's had her for five days and she said she had made progress in that time, but it's going to be a slog to get her were she should be.

She's very wary of people and very scared so it's probably going to be challenging.

The rewards though will be something else.

Cap doffed to you mate.

I adore dogs, and I have absolutely no comprehension of how any human being can mistreat such wonderful creatures.

I wouldn't swap ours for anything, I love her to bits, such a little character.

• Upvote 2

We went to see her yesterday afternoon in Wakefield.

The poor little bugger had been with the fosterer for 6 days and this was the first time she had ever been in a house. She was timid and very frightened but had made massive progress apparently, so what she was like beforehand God only knows.

Her coat is matted down to the skin with tats causing restrictions to her movement so she needs scalping and she also looks a bit lame (makes two of us).

The woman let her out of the house to meet our two dogs which were busy having a shit on her lawn and although she was shying away there was nothing to suggest there would be any problems. 

The woman takes in a lot of dogs from Many Tears and had taken in three at the same time one of which was a Beagle that she had attached herself to even after such a short time.

When we left with her she howled all the way home, obviously fretting.

She's going to take a lot of time and effort to come round completely but she's a gentle little soul and we're smitten.

It turns out she was born on the 8th of May (my birthday  which is nice) in a puppy farm and was kept in a cage for 7 months earmarked for breeding when presumably the place got raided in late December when she ended up at the rescue centre.

The woman is pretty sure the bastards have beaten her and she is very wary of men.

She's had a terrible start to her life, but that changed the moment we clapped eyes on her, she'll be spoilt rotten.

She accepted a treat off me this morning which in itself is huge progress and allowed me to pet her although very nervously. 

We were expecting a rough night last night but not a peep, she was good as gold.

I took this photo of her last night and this is how things will be for her with us.

20220306_203046.jpg

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2022 at 09:45, Harry's Lad said:

We went to see her yesterday afternoon in Wakefield.

The poor little bugger had been with the fosterer for 6 days and this was the first time she had ever been in a house. She was timid and very frightened but had made massive progress apparently, so what she was like beforehand God only knows.

Her coat is matted down to the skin with tats causing restrictions to her movement so she needs scalping and she also looks a bit lame (makes two of us).

The woman let her out of the house to meet our two dogs which were busy having a shit on her lawn and although she was shying away there was nothing to suggest there would be any problems. 

The woman takes in a lot of dogs from Many Tears and had taken in three at the same time one of which was a Beagle that she had attached herself to even after such a short time.

When we left with her she howled all the way home, obviously fretting.

She's going to take a lot of time and effort to come round completely but she's a gentle little soul and we're smitten.

It turns out she was born on the 8th of May (my birthday  which is nice) in a puppy farm and was kept in a cage for 7 months earmarked for breeding when presumably the place got raided in late December when she ended up at the rescue centre.

The woman is pretty sure the bastards have beaten her and she is very wary of men.

She's had a terrible start to her life, but that changed the moment we clapped eyes on her, she'll be spoilt rotten.

She accepted a treat off me this morning which in itself is huge progress and allowed me to pet her although very nervously. 

We were expecting a rough night last night but not a peep, she was good as gold.

I took this photo of her last night and this is how things will be for her with us.

20220306_203046.jpg

She's lovely, well done mate.

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So we looked after my mates dog for a month while he was in the states.....

Our 'thank you' present came today. To say I'm ecstatic is a huge understatement (yes that is the dogs actual face) 

DD920E0D-5555-4CED-9D1D-5841F47D37E1.jpeg

They're superb. My missus got our youngest a jumper made for Christmas, she sent a picture of our pug down to this woman down south, and she had the outline of the dog stitched on to a jumper, it's brilliant.

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

They're superb. My missus got our youngest a jumper made for Christmas, she sent a picture of our pug down to this woman down south, and she had the outline of the dog stitched on to a jumper, it's brilliant.

Brilliant! 

Madge is settling in really well and is surprising us with the speed of her progress.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, her coat was badly matted and was restricting her movement so we took her to the groomer we use on Thursday.

We were worried it might have been too soon, but her coat was so bad it had to be done and her movement is now as it should be, and with her charging around in the back with the other two dogs the lameness is improving. 

She's latched on to our Labrador and is always looking for her and is also getting along with our other Cockapoo and plays with them both.

She has started responding to her name and will let you stroke her but she's still nervous with people, men in particular, including me but she is getting better and will come up to you but flinches with any sudden movements. She did come up and lick my hand yesterday though.

House training is a work in progress but she's getting there and she's going to be a smashing little housedog as she barks if someone comes near the house, obviously picking this up from the other two.

Her little personality is starting to show itself and it's lovely to see.

On the whole, she's making remarkable progress considering where she was, we're much further along than we thought we would be at this stage.

There's still some way to go though but if she keeps up at the rate she is, I don't think it will be too long.

She's a little cracker.

20220311_074503.jpg

IMG-20220311-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220311-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0001.jpg

20220312_214150.jpg

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

So we looked after my mates dog for a month while he was in the states.....

Our 'thank you' present came today. To say I'm ecstatic is a huge understatement (yes that is the dogs actual face) 

DD920E0D-5555-4CED-9D1D-5841F47D37E1.jpeg

Get a house with a bigger garden mate, you really need a dog!

• Upvote 1