You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

torrent sites

el nino laff

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Supposedly piratebay is gonna become a pay site now! Anyone know any other good torrent site?

To be honest, you don't really want to be using public sites anyway. If you're using torrents instead of newsgroups or rapidshare stuff (like from warez-bb.org) then try torrentbytes.net

To be honest, you don't really want to be using public sites anyway. If you're using torrents instead of newsgroups or rapidshare stuff (like from warez-bb.org) then try torrentbytes.net

Excuse my ignorance - what's the advantage of newsgroups or rapidshare? Are they easy to use?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Excuse my ignorance - what's the advantage of newsgroups or rapidshare? Are they easy to use?

I don't know much about newsgroups, although there is a post on here about it. The main advantage of newsgroups and rapidshare is that you don't need to seed the files like you do on a private sites (to keep your ratio up), and it will max your connection, which you don't always (or even often) get on public sites.

So, to simplify it:

Newgroups and Rapidshare:

No seeding/uploading

Full speed of your internet connection

Private Torrents sites/trackers:

Full speed (because people are made to do the next thing...)

Have to upload at least as much as you download

Public Torrent sites/trackers:

Don't max out your connection at full speed (because of...)

Don't have a ratio, so you can just download and run.

• 14 years later...
On 06/04/2024 at 07:58, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Is anyone using newsgroups in 2024? Thinking of getting back to them to max out my connection (900mbps) and would appreciate any recommendations for services.

Are they still a thing?

On 13/04/2024 at 14:37, redheart said:

Are they still a thing?

They are. Started using them again and they're pretty great for most modern releases. Faster downloads than torrents and no seeding. But a paid service and not perfect. I might just milk the fuck out of the service this month, get my plex library up to date then go back to torrents.

28 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

They are. Started using them again and they're pretty great for most modern releases. Faster downloads than torrents and no seeding. But a paid service and not perfect. I might just milk the fuck out of the service this month, get my plex library up to date then go back to torrents.

How much is it per month?

What software is needed?

How traceable are you?:

On 17/04/2024 at 09:14, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

What's the benefit over using Kodi with a real debrid account?