You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ashley Young in Liverpool...

ScouseJim

You're coming across as a bit of an Albert with that post.

That might make a bit more sense though.

playing devil's advocate to my own post, I could post a long list of english players that have moved between english clubs and been a success. my basic point is you 'assume' young would take less time to settle just like johnson, they are also aren't going to get homesick.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson, now there's another one who has it all to prove at this level, but at least coming from fullback he will be afforded the space to operate in to the best of his attributes, unlike Young who would rarely get the chance to use them for us against the kind of opposition he may otherwise excel against.

Johnson, now there's another one who has it all to prove at this level, but at least coming from fullback he will be afforded the space to operate in to the best of his attributes, unlike Young who would rarely get the chance to use them for us against the kind of opposition he may otherwise excel against.

basically I don't know if I'm convinced by silva especially for the price we are going to spend on him, young or silva at 25 mil plus represents a huge gamble imho.

basically I don't know if I'm convinced by silva especially for the price we are going to spend on him, young or silva at 25 mil plus represents a huge gamble imho.

As silverlining said, anyone is a gamble for that sort of money, but I would go for the player who has done it at a high level and whose game suits exactly what we need rather than raw potential who is completely unproven in the situations we need him for.

Shame it has been ruled out.

When he moves to United and is Englands starting left winger we'll wonder what could have been.

I think he's a great little player. Can go outside and cross with his left, can go inside and cross with his right, has good pace, beats a man and takes a quality deadball.

He faded badly last season like all the villa team after starting the season early in the intertoto. Conversely he looked like a world beater near the start along with the likes of agbonlahor because his fitness was ahead of the rest of the league again due to the early start to their season.

The truth is his ability lies between the two with the potential to be topclass. Would have gotten in our team easily and been a big improvement on our weakest area.

Kuyt bagged 12 league goals and 9 assists but Young only managed 7 league goals and 9assists last season. Worth noting that Young takes free-kicks and corners and Kuyt does not so the opportunity for assists was far higher for Young. I still think Young will be a good buy for us, he has a good cross on him and he's English aswell with consideration for that Uefa ruling.

It's also worth noting that Kuyt played more league games up front than he did wide last season. I'm just trying to give the whole picture here, you understand.

young is an excellent crosser of the ball.

Ah, yes, but can he run really fucking fast though?

Look, I know I'm being a bit of a twat (and he probably can cross the ball some of the time and run really fast), but there is £25m mentioned further up the page, which I assume is related to Ashley Young.

Football's gone to shit.

Edited by Ian H
Missed a bit

You need to include the games where he played as apart of a 2 up front. And no, I won't go for it. I've done it before and I can't be bothered to do it again. I'm a busy man.

I did and have to admit I was surprised it was as many as that.

Many people believe that Young was 'found out' last season when defenders learned to show him outside onto his left foot as the player always wanted to check back onto his right or to cut inside.

This seemed to stop him been so effective and therefore nullify not only his threat but go a long way into stopping Aston Villa as well due to their reliance on him.