You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said you i meant anyone it was to everyone mate not just you.

Your right though, he isn't going to sign.

Dale Tempest said they have had a flurry of bets on us signing him. He likened it too the bets people where putting on Owen (fuck face) signing for the Mancs.

Leading Bookmaker Slashes Odds On Franck Ribery Joining Liverpool

The Frenchman could be set for a somewhat surprising switch to Merseyside...

9 Jul 2009 20:14:32

Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has been repeatedly linked with a move away from Bavaria this summer, with Real Madrid his own stated preferred destination, though a clutch of Europe's biggest clubs have been reportedly interested at one stage or another.

Liverpool, until now, have not been one of those clubs, but British bookmaker Skybet, the company who dramatically slashed their odds on Michael Owen joining Manchester United the day before the striker signed for the Old Trafford outfit, have announced a similar cut on the odds of Ribery moving to Anfield.

The bookmakers have cut the odds on a Mersey move for the Frenchman from 66/1 to 8/13 on, after receiving a flurry of bets on the move taking place.

"Every price we have put up has been taken on Ribery moving to Liverpool, which has left us stumped as in recent weeks he has been liked with every other club but the Reds!" Skybet's Dale Tempest told sports betting website oddspreview.com.

"After seeing money for him to join Man United and Real Madrid at the same time that Bayern Munich say he’s going nowhere, we’ve now seen a flood of bets on him to join Liverpool.

"8/13 may seem a very short price but after the losses we made last week on Michael Owen, who was gambled down from 20/1 to move to Manchester United, we are taking no chances."

It remains to be seen whether or not this is a further example of the bookies' prescience, or merely the symptom of yet more speculation regarding the player's future.

Leading Bookmaker Slashes Odds On Franck Ribery Joining Liverpool - Goal.com

35 mill alonso ?

also.. Hills suspend betting?

Maybe thats what Rafa was saying in his news conference today. Maybe he knows we arent going to be able to hang on to Xabi and Masch. Say £ 65M for the 2 of them would buy Ribery. I just cant see it though I think someone and has but 1 + 1 together and let there imagination run away. Also a lot of these bookies are paddy mancs maybe they are trying to recover losses on the Owen deal by getting fans to put start speculating on Ribery. Either way I cant see it.