You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ray "Cunt" Wilkins

Bourbon

I like Wilkins. He is a decent bloke and he is obviously doing his job bigging up his club. Give him a break ffs. He is more public relations than coaching talent I feel, but I cannot dislike him.

Sorry but I can't watch him without expecting him to stick a light bulb in his gob.

That's not like he's come out with some mad rant though it is? He even says that he's just asking the question and playing Devil's advocate. I've never really disliked him that much, I think that's because of his work on the Italian football when I was growing up.

Turns out I don't always agree with Dirk.

He cheated on his brain examiner course, you know, he told me. Copied Dr Ahmed's old papers.

It doesn't take a brain examining degree to realise that you are vertically special.

It doesn't take a brain examining degree to realise that you are vertically special.

Very true.

I had to give up my dreams to become a basketball player and so dedicated myself to a lifetime of just generally radiating awesomeness. Who knows how lame I might have been if I'd grown a few more inches.

Is Wilkins that much of a giant, deluded cunt that he can't see why top players, given the choice, might want to sign for Real Madrid ahead of Chelsea?

One is arguably the biggest, and most successful club side in the world.

The other is a bunch of arriviste, nouveau knobheads that struggle to sell out the ground and have to hand out plazzy flags in order to generate something approaching an atmosphere. They're just Charlton, with money.

I would neg you apart from the fact that until I came down to London I didn't know either of the Westfield shopping centre and its gallactico collection of shopping venues:

Westfield London Shopping Centre Homepage - Westfield London

Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away

I believe Shelley was bemoaning the lack of retail and parking facilities in Madrid compared to West London.

Slag The Crab and you risk slagging Percy

I fucking hate Ray Wilkins. Remember 2005 when he wanted Milan to win, despite being English? And then when the Mancs played Milan in the semi-finals a couple of years later, he wanted the Mancs to win.

You presumably wanted Man Utd to win the other week then....

I like Wilkins. He is a decent bloke and he is obviously doing his job bigging up his club. Give him a break ffs. He is more public relations than coaching talent I feel, but I cannot dislike him.

decent bloke? are you out of your fucking tree? get back to the charlie, the withdrawal symptoms are affecting you.

Really over rated as a player. He made a career out of running across the pitch in front of his own back four, getting the ball and giving it back to them. I found it annoying when commentators used to praise him for not giving the ball away. I could have passed it 5 yards backwards.

the problem in summing up on Ray Butch Wilkins is that you can become him due to the monotonous, monotonous, monotonous...

Waiting for the witty comment, the hilarious punchline, the sarcastic ending to this post...

What, you're serious?

I despise Ray Wilkins with an unbridled passion. He was part of one of the worst Milan teams in living memory, winning a grand total of fuck all during his time in Italy. He played in one of the least successful Man Utd teams of the post-war era, winning just a single cup during his stint there. He captained Chelsea to relegation. And he was the most despised England player of his generation. But to hear him talk, you'd think he'd won as many trophies as Maldini.

And I fucking hate the way he speaks. You can tell he's thinking, "I know I'm a pig-thick Cockney cunt but maybe if I absurdly over-pronounce my words, people will think I'm cerebral and cultured." No, Ray, people will just think you're a pretentious pig-thick Cockney cunt.

I despise Ray Wilkins with an unbridled passion. He was part of one of the worst Milan teams in living memory, winning a grand total of fuck all during his time in Italy. He played in one of the least successful Man Utd teams of the post-war era, winning just a single cup during his stint there. He captained Chelsea to relegation. And he was the most despised England player of his generation. But to hear him talk, you'd think he'd won as many trophies as Maldini.

And I fucking hate the way he speaks. You can tell he's thinking, "I know I'm a pig-thick Cockney cunt but maybe if I absurdly over-pronounce my words, people will think I'm cerebral and cultured." No, Ray, people will just think you're a pretentious pig-thick Cockney cunt.

Wilkins was a lucky cunt in the fact that Captain fucking marvel played in the same England and Utd teams as him! EVERY fucker hated Bryan Robson! In Mexico in '86 England were going out in the group stages, they were playing like cunts, then captain Marvel put his shoulder out (now THAT was comedy television) and 'butch' got himself sent off (more comedy tv), the transformation was amazing England suddenly became an attacking force and were eventually robbed by 'the hand of god'.

At the time the Eng-ur-land supporter didn't really exist, they're a modern phenomena, and most of them knew the problem England had was playing CM and Butch in the same team, no attacking flair, so a lot of them actually cheered when Butchy was sent off.