You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

So finally this thread has come full circle.

It starts off as "Rafa is a bastard for trying his best to get rid of Xabi this summer".

It now nears its end as "Rafa is a bastard for NOT getting rid of Xabi this summer".

I'm sure Rafa will still be touted as a bastard by "great matchgoing Reds" (2009 TM, The Liverpool Way) come next year, if (God willing) we do win the League. I'm not sure exactly what mental and logic contortions you'll have to go through to get there, but I have full faith in your abilities to make it happen.

Problem on here is everyone sees things in black or white when reality it all shades of Grey. I have wanted Alonso sold the minute he made it clear he didnt want to play for the club anymore

What Rafa and Xabi are guilty of is trying not to lose face over a transfer demand or not when the best thing would have been for him to be sold two weeks ago when he made Rafa aware that he didnt want to play for us anymore both of them put there private battle for the fans hearts over the good of the football club.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rafa's fault"

"Xabi's fault"

"Perez's fault"

"Real Madrid are cunts"

"You're a cunt"

"Ok then explain this"

*big explaining post*

*five more explaining posts*

"No-one knows a fucking thing"

"Fuck off you're a cunt"

*tabloid bullshit*

*goal.com*

10 mins passes.........

"Rafa's fault"

"Xabi's fault"

"Perez's fault"

"Real Madrid are cunts"

"You're a cunt"

"Ok then explain this"

*big explaining post*

*five more explaining posts*

"No-one knows a fucking thing"

"Fuck off you're a cunt"

*tabloid bullshit*

*goal.com*

etc, etc

I don't give a shit whose "fault" it was because I'm not swinging from either Rafa or Xabi's nuts. I just want the player sold and forgotten about as soon as possible because (assuming that the stories are true) as soon as a player says he wants to leave LFC he's no longer relevant to me. Get as much money as possible and get the deal done so we can bring in somoene else and move on.

Problem on here is everyone sees things in black or white when reality it all shades of Grey. I have wanted Alonso sold the minute he made it clear he didnt want to play for the club anymore

What Rafa and Xabi are guilty of is trying not to lose face over a transfer demand or not when the best thing would have been for him to be sold two weeks ago when he made Rafa aware that he didnt want to play for us anymore both of them put there private battle for the fans hearts over the good of the football club.

Whle in part I agree with the sentiment, the logic is never that simple. If you follow your on the face of it sensible approach, we would have lost Gerrard in 2005 (never mind 2006), Toshack in 1974 and maybe even Digger in 1991. Players can be talked around and shown the errors of their ways - I'm not saying it's so in this case, but...

This is (from a Rafa pount of view) unlikely to be anything to do with saving face, but more to do with either trying to talk the player around and keeping him, or getting top dollar to make a quality replacement that much easier to come by. If you have a mnth of the transfer window left, getting a quality replacement with £35m is going to be easier than getting one with £24m, and you may even have change left over to replace a defender or two - that's where I believe he's coming from...if Madrid want him, and he wants to go (despite his agent saying he has not and will ot put in a written transfer request, hinting he's maybe not quiet ready to burn his bridges and possibly could be turned around and the club not denying this) then they pay the going rate, set rather foolishly by themselves.

If he goes then, thanks for the five years and the FULL fee.

If he eventually stays, I'm sure he'll be professional about it and prove a point.

Whle in part I agree with the sentiment, the logic is never that simple. If you follow your on the face of it sensible approach, we would have lost Gerrard in 2005 (never mind 2006), Toshack in 1974 and maybe even Digger in 1991. Players can be talked around and shown the errors of their ways - I'm not saying it's so in this case, but...

This is (from a Rafa pount of view) unlikely to be anything to do with saving face, but more to do with either trying to talk the player around and keeping him, or getting top dollar to make a quality replacement that much easier to come by. If you have a mnth of the transfer window left, getting a quality replacement with £35m is going to be easier than getting one with £24m, and you may even have change left over to replace a defender or two - that's where I believe he's coming from...if Madrid want him, and he wants to go (despite his agent saying he has not and will ot put in a written transfer request, hinting he's maybe not quiet ready to burn his bridges and possibly could be turned around and the club not denying this) then they pay the going rate, set rather foolishly by themselves.

If he goes then, thanks for the five years and the FULL fee.

If he eventually stays, I'm sure he'll be professional about it and prove a point.

The last bit is perfectly reasonable on the basis Xabi doesnt want to kick Rafa's Teeth in.

If I was Xabi I would want to kick his head in for sure

People on here who are saying we should buy this player and that player and swap this player and that player if or when Xabi leaves. Have you ever thought that Rafa may not even get the money from this deal?

If that was the case Rafa would want £50m. He'd price Xabi prohibitively. Also there's no way that Rafa would accept that. Maybe he won't get 100% of the cash, but he'll see the biggest part of it.

I think the owners have seen how popular some of our players are and how marketable they are, getting in a big name will not only help us on the pitch but they should be able to recoup the money quite quickly through commercial means so i think there is still a chance they will speculate to accumulate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think the owners have seen how popular some of our players are and how marketable they are, getting in a big name will not only help us on the pitch but they should be able to recoup the money quite quickly through commercial means so i think there is still a chance they will speculate to accumulate.

Top players pay for themselves. That is why Beckham has played for certain clubs and been paid so much to do it.

To the tune of Mind Games by Lennon,

They’re playing those mind games together,

pushing the barriers, planting seeds,

playing the media guerrilla,

Chanting the Mantra, land of your birth

Real keep playing those mind games forever,

horrible fascist dudes, beyond the pale,

doing the mind guerrilla,

Xabi is magic, as we search for the grail,

No is the answer and we know that for sure,

passing is his power, please don’t let him, don’t let Xabi go,

so fuck off playing those mind games altogether,

faith in the future, ours for now

you just can't beat on those mind guerrillas,

not going elsewhere in the stones of our mind,

yeah fuck off playing those mind games forever,

spraying out passes to the by-line,

no is the answer we all know that for sure,

yes is surrender, not gonna to let him, not gonna to let him go,

so fuck off playing those mind games altogether,

not playing for you cunts, out in the sun,

millions of red guerrillas,

putting their soul power to the karmic Real,

fuck off playing those mind games forever,

playing with Nando whom we all love, don’t go,

(we want you to stay here, not go, I know we’ve been here before)

Time for Madrid doc to get Real

By Brian Reade 1/08/2009

I'm not saying Real Madrid treat their players like faceless lumps of meat but have a butcher's at this quote from their chief of medical services, Carlos Diez, after Alvaro Arbeloa passed his medical.

"He is delighted to play for Real Madrid. It has been his lifelong dream."

Erm, hang on doc, he's already lived that dream, joining Real when he was 16 and playing at every level, for seven years.

Still, when you go through more players than a Bangkok hooker, not having a clue who has worn your badge is understandable.

Time for Madrid doc to get Real - mirror.co.uk

Not Xabi related, but funny as fuck.

Dear FF

I don't normally read tabloid newspapers, but I happened to browse through yesterday's Daily Mirror which said that Xabi will leave us. Given that the red-tops are a marginally more accurate source of information than the FF, how likely does this make his departure? Many thanks in advance.

People on here who are saying we should buy this player and that player and swap this player and that player if or when Xabi leaves. Have you ever thought that Rafa may not even get the money from this deal?

No i think he will be given all the money to spend.