You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree Kurt, Skjelbred had a real set back in his development after his injury, but the last two seasons he has steadily improved.

This is a player I developed an interest in once he broke onto the scene so I have watched him closely when I have seen him both for Norway and Rosenborg.

I despise Rosenborg so I would never recommend Skjelbred if I had the slightest doubt he would succeed.

To compare him with Hæstad is ridiculous, Hæstad is a terrible player and they are completely different as well.

Skjelbred does not always stand out in games, but you can easily see the potential and he has also shown this potential both in the CL for Rosenborg and in games for Norway.

He has got what we call "steg" in Norway, not what word I should use in English to describe it, but you might help me out.

You shouldn't let personal feelings interfere with your recommendation of players.

Only on the Network Rail internal forum, mate. I'm not allowed to swear on there though, or have a go at my employer's either, so I tend to fuck it off.

Other than that, this is my only Internet home.

Yuo have to not post and just rep people with abusive comments these days to go 'Momo.'

Just the way the world turns.

You know when you`ve been momo`d!

What was Momo`s first alias? Was it Djibbers? He did`nt last long and was the first real wum I can remember.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

wrong thread.

EDIT: No it wasn't, they'd been merged. Fucked with my brain. Original two posts below.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What is there to disagree about? Be interesting to see what exactly people disagree with on that article.

Sure, I'll give it a go:

Blundering Rafa Benitez

Well, let us start with the title. The very first word asserts that Rafa is 'blundering'. You're seriously suggesting that the most meticulous man in world football has made a blunder which, if the last time I looked, means a clumsy mistake bought about by ignorance?

Arrogant? Maybe. Autocratic? Perhaps. But clumsy and ignorant? You've shown me, from your very first word, that you're a hack. You've used a term thrown about by ultra biased Mancs who are blinded by hatred. You've shown a clear lack of objectivity.

leaves Liverpool fans fearing who will follow Xabi Alonso out of Anfield

I'm a Liverpool fan. I know many, many Liverpool fans. I've not once heard somebody say, or type, that they fear other players might want to leave the club following Alonso's imminent departure. There might be some, but, as somebody with their finger fairly close to the pulse, there won't be many. Frankly, you're making it up.

Xabi Alonso apparently wants to leave Liverpool for Real Madrid and who can blame him?

That depends on his reasons for the move, doesn't it, Mr. Man (can I call you Hatchet?)? There are a number of credible reasons he might want to leave. There are a few that are not so credible. All of which is conjecture at this point. Until we hear from Xabi or the club, we won't know. So implying that he is right to leave the club is, at best, premature. A problem I'm sure you are all too aware of.

Liverpool look like all they are doing is hoping against hope that they might still be able to compete for second place.

By spending a club record fee on one of the worlds brightest full backs? By signing most of our major players to long term contracts? By holding Real Madrid to ransom for a player that we all know nearly left for half the fee we're likely to get, the proceeds of which will go... well, nobody knows yet.

Lee Cattermole and Michael Turner as transfer targets say it all.

Does it? Does it say it 'all', or are you omitting players to make idiots think that our major targets are Lee Cattermole and Michael Turner. Forgive me for reading into your words, but I think it's safe to say that you've left out players like Silva, Levezzi, Aquilani et al., for exatly that reason; to make idiots think they way you want.

Cattermole, it seems likely, is on the list. He's down the list behind other players - but why mention that when there is hatred to spew?

They might both have found respect in the Barclays Premier League since but neither is Champions League material at the moment.

Dismissiveness and conjecture in one sentence. Your dogging mates must be proud.

Firstly, finding respect whilst playing for teams like Wigan and Hull, in the best league in the world, isn't something to be sniffed at like you just did. Secondly, would you like me to list the players that this club has bought from lower clubs and the prizes they have won because of it? Thirdly, you're not just a weapon by name, are you? Finally, who is to say they are for use in the Champions League? We've got one or two players that are fairly well respected in the Champions League, as it is.

What you really mean is that we've been linked with, amongst others, unfashionable players that you don't know much about, ergo they are shit.

Even if Rafa Benitez is only interested in them to boost Liverpool's English contingent for European competition they could cost a combined total of nearly £20million and how much would be left for proper signings?

Proper signings... like whom? Ones with glitzy names. People called Barnes or Keegan could never be a proper signing.

Now, I'm not keen on the idea of signing Cattermole and I'm not suggesting that he'll be the next Barnes or Keegan, but you're clearly just a football manager playing moron. Rafa hasn't signed these players and should not be criticised for doing so. Paper talk isn't real until players are signed.

Alonso might attract a fee of close to £30m but the club have already spent £17m on Glen Johnson

Are you suggesting that Rafa knew he was selling Alonso to Madrid over a month ago and that he knew he would need the money he would get in the future to pay for it? That would be fucking idiotic. So that'll be a yes.

They are two different transfers that don't have any financial link. We are capable of buying Johnson without selling Alonso. Rafa has made that clear by stating he can buy not only Johnson, but another player - all without selling anybody.

and the fees from selling off a couple of squad players won't add up to much when Manchester City are inflating the market.

They'll add up to exactly the same amount, actually. Maths isn't your strong point. You actually mean that it won't go as far if the market is inflated. The only people that are suffering are Real Madrid and City because clubs know they can be taken for a ride.

There are plenty of bargains going through.

Anfield is a mess and it is almost entirely Benitez's doing.

The moon is made of dead popstars that were sent their by NASA. My 6 year old might believe that if I told him. I doubt he'd believe this sentence, though. If you expect adults to respect what you say, you'll need some sort of evidence to back up your outlandish claims. Anfield is not a mess - we've got a want away player. Just like United have had, Arsenal have had, Chelsea have had, Barca have had...

He has greater control of transfers than ever, remember.

Yes, and that is why we've not sold Alonso for £24m and one of Rick's rimjobs.

He also has to be held responsible for the number of English players coming through after dispensing with the services of the highly-rated Steve Heighway a couple of years ago.

Yeah, Steve was doing a great job. Lots of superstars through our ranks in the last 5-10 years.

We're brimming with talent in that area, now. Responsible? Congratulate, more like.

He wanted Alonso out last summer as part of an ill-conceived plan to buy Gareth Barry

What was ill-conceived? Barry is a quality player. I didn't want him to replace Alonso, even if he did have a shitty season. That doesn't mean Rafa was wrong. Barry might have given us a couple more goals in vital games in the league. In an alternative universe Liverpool might be lifting the league trophy above their heads with Rafa fully vindicated for selling Alonso and brining in player of the season, Gareth Barry. Who knows? Not me, and certainly not you.

despite events forcing him to shelve it then, he has blundered on with painful stubbornness.

By buying Barry (now at City) and selling Alonso (who is still at Liverpool with the manager wanting him to stay)... Well, I was the one talking about alternate realities, after all.

Fernando Torres has already voiced his concern about the midfielder’s impending departure and Liverpool fans must be wondering who will be next.

What's the implication here? Is it that Torres might 'be next' because he has 'voiced concern'? Probably shouldn't have just signed that contract, to be honest.

Bottom line is that you want to attack a man you dislike. It might wash with fellow imbeciles, but it isn't going to wash with us adults

So, what is there to disagree with, you ask. Quote a lot, my pedigree chum. What you're actually doing is agreeing with a biased attack piece by a hack. Well done.

Okim drunk and have just watched a punk band with bodger from 'and badger'. Simple question before I search for an hour through codes tears, has he gone yet and Dod he actually hand in a request.

Thatlw

That is amazing, where can i see bodger!

Numero Nueve is dominating the thread but xabi's still here

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mashed potatoes with what?

Preferably with a plastic bowl and a wooden spoon.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Repped.

Why, thank you very much.

I don't really know about the whole 'negged' and 'repped' thing, but I'll take it. ;)

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm going to un-rep you for that. Heathen.

It's the way Bodger's Badger did it. If it's good enough for him.

bodgerandbadger_1_396x222.jpg

Unless you were unaware of Badger's love for mashed potatoes. That can't be true because the song states that everybody knows that Badger loved mashed potatoes.

Just had two weedabix with cold milk, one sugar and it was sound unlike what I have had the mispleasure to read on this thread.

Come on you RedMen end of story.

Night Night and all the rest and to be honest I would take a point at Spurs.