You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Sorry to upset the apple cart, but I think those two signings by rafa are token gestures. They have no influence whats so ever.

That's fair enough but that wont stop them from giving some motivational talks to the players which seems to be something some of our players need.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent 40m last year on shit, that's not hands behind back.

bubble? I've watched and loved this club for too long to know what's right or wrong, do not prech to me about LFC.

This seems to be the main justification for all your hate-stirring shit. Who cares what you think and what you want. LFC is bigger than the likes of you.

As for your "years of service" and games attended. I have attended first and reserve team games since before you were born. Not that that matters. I'd rather associate with those supporters in Singapore who've never been to the UK than with the likes of you with your malicious bitchy gossip and outright lies about our club and our manager.

And when we win the league again or any of the cups - hopefully under Rafa our best manager since Paisley - none of us will give you a second thought.

The club is skint? Hold the phone. Perhaps you can shed some light on how your fastidious accounting practices and standards show up the AUDITED books as being falsified. G&H have pulled a blinder if the likes of PKF, KPMG, RBS, Wachovia, the Premier League, the FA, UEFA and FIFA believe we are a model of solvency when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

If Rafa is undeserving of his payrise or increase in influence on club matters, who would you suggest should be a worthy recipient of his coveted position, on a lesser salary than any manager in the top 4, or elite European club?

David Moyes has also won fuck all in his time at Everton, yet has seen his contract being improved on several occasions. Everton feel the club have made good progress during his tenure, and they MAY have a point.

We may not have won trophies in the past 3 seasons, but in no way on the field have we either stood still or regressed.

I respectfully suggest you have no idea what your talking about

This seems to be the main justification for all your hate-stirring shit. Who cares what you think and what you want. LFC is bigger than the likes of you.

As for your "years of service" and games attended. I have attended first and reserve team games since before you were born. Not that that matters. I'd rather associate with those supporters in Singapore who've never been to the UK than with the likes of you with your malicious bitchy gossip and outright lies about our club and our manager.

And when we win the league again or any of the cups - hopefully under Rafa our best manager since Paisley - none of us will give you a second thought.

A totally scandalous comment saying Rafa is our best manager since Paisley. Kenny won three titles and two FA Cups in 5 years. I would say that makes him our best manager since Paisley.

OK so Robbie Keane didn't work out, but Rafa didn't hang about when resolving that issue. How can you KNOW if a player will succeed or fail? There is a risk attached, even if a player is more high profile. Sure, if you spent close to £20m on a player, he basically HAS to deliver. That's not all down to the manager though.

I've watched and loved this club for years too. That doesn't mean that what I say is necessarily right. You seem to suggest that your dedication to the cause makes you automatically right. Your ranting and raving implies you feel you have something to offer the club, yet have a bitterness emanating from being rejected. That may not be the case though.

I'm not preaching to anybody, because I realise that other people's opinions help form my own. Just be a little less blinkered is all I'm saying. I'm not asking you to renounce your support of Liverpool.

Rafa was responsible for Robbie Keane failing here. He signed him, fucked him around, dropped him after scoring goals and totally shot his confidence to pieces.

Out of all the major signings made last season. Keane, Riera, Dossena, Degen, N'Gog, none of them were regulars in the first team at the end of the season which speaks volumes.

The only one who had a decent impact over the course of the season was Riera and even that is me being kind to him. We wasted our budget last summer with that scattergun approach. Yet you aren't allowedto say that Rafa has ever done anything wrong on here.

I read today Dossena may be going to Napoli. Not for 7m he won't which was our outlay. We will no doubt be paying his contract off as well as he didn't ask for a transfer so we have wasted a fortune there yet the manager isn't being held to task for this. Why?

We would have payed Keane upwards of 80 grand a week during his time here so his 6 month stay here cost us probably in the region of 2m quid on wages alone. He didn't ask to leave either so it would be interesting to see what the final deal to take him back to Spurs was and I have a feeling we will still be paying some of his wages for a while as no doubt he got a rise when he joined here and I can't see Spurs wanting to pay him that rise when he was on less only six months prior? Why isn't the manager being held to task for this negligence?

Degen had a history of injury problems before he ever set foot here yet what do we do? Give him nearly 40 grand a week and a 2m signing on fee. Why was this deal sanctioned in the first place?

We spent 3.5m on Cavalieri to be our back up goalkeeper. Surely we could have got a veteran English keeper in his twighlight to sit on the bench like Dean Kiely or that lad from Portsmouth Jamie Ashdown would have been a decent shout for our Number 2 at a fraction of the 3.5m we spent on Cavalieri who to be fair is probably a decent keeper but it was yet again another strange transfer. We bought Itandje the summer before for TWO FUCKING MILLION QUID because it was a panic buy because Macia yet again ballsed it up with that Mihaiylov work permit as he did for Leto.

Some of Rafa's transfer deals are as puzzling as some of Houlliers later ones at times. For Itandje read Luzi (at least Luzi was a free) For Degen read Xavier. For Damian Plessis read Alou Diarra. Exact same type of deals that were Houlliers forte in his later years in charge.

I agree, we should replace him with a manager who doesn't make mistakes.

It is very big of you to at least admit he makes mistakes. Few on here would admit that. I just don't like the influence this Macia fella seems to have over the manager though. It is to the detriment of what is best for the club and Rafa can't seem to acknowledge that.

Dossena was totally down to Macia and Rafa hadn't seen him play yet we bought him. Until Glen Johnson he was our highest paid for defender in our history. That sickens me knowing that such a vast outlay and Rafa hadn't done his research and just went off what this prick Macia told him.

Out of all the major signings made last season. Keane, Riera, Dossena, Degen, N'Gog, none of them were regulars in the first team at the end of the season which speaks volumes.The only one who had a decent impact over the course of the season was Riera and even that is me being kind to him. We wasted our budget last summer with that scatter-gun approach. Yet you aren't allowed to say that Rafa has ever done anything wrong on here.

I read today Dossena may be going to Napoli. Not for 7m he won't which was our outlay. We will no doubt be paying his contract off as well as he didn't ask for a transfer so we have wasted a fortune there yet the manager isn't being held to task for this. Why?

Keane was flogged off for a significant loss, Riera was a success, Degen was free and N'gog is a 19 year old who didn't do to badly, Dossena was horrendous though. You keep saying that he doesn't get flak for this, which fantasy land are you live in? He's been rightly criticised for buying Keane, Degen and Dossena cos they stunk the place out, so what exactly are you going on about? The reason you cop so much flak is because you repeat the same shit on almost every thread and its bloody annoying, all you ever seem to do is criticise Rafa. See the bit I've quoted below, everyone admits Keane was a mistake, but you have decided to throw some of your own bull in there as well.You're fast becoming one of the most tedious posters on here.

Rafa was responsible for Robbie Keane failing here. He signed him, fucked him around, dropped him after scoring goals and totally shot his confidence to pieces.

Really? I think him being a shit cunt who couldn't hit the back of the net from 2 yards was responsible for him failing here. But whichever stick you can dig up/make up eh? The bit in bold is the only fact there, the rest is just your opinion.

It is very big of you to at least admit he makes mistakes. Few on here would admit that. I just don't like the influence this Macia fella seems to have over the manager though. It is to the detriment of what is best for the club and Rafa can't seem to acknowledge that.

Dossena was totally down to Macia and Rafa hadn't seen him play yet we bought him. Until Glen Johnson he was our highest paid for defender in our history. That sickens me knowing that such a vast outlay and Rafa hadn't done his research and just went off what this prick Macia told him.

See I see things differently. Dossena's failure was as much down to Benitez buying a wing back who was used to playing in a 3-4-3 and believing he could make him into a full back who could play in a 4. You put that in the mix with the fact we don't eat from the top table, that there is no guarantee someone from abroad is going to settle or adapt. And it just seems a bit to simple to blame Macia.

It's the same with the banging on about the kids. Fact of the matter is something like 1 in 500 kids make it. So pointing out 10 out of 20 who haven't even been around long enough or even finished their development as a stick to beat him with seems premature.

We would have payed Keane upwards of 80 grand a week during his time here so his 6 month stay here cost us probably in the region of 2m quid on wages alone. He didn't ask to leave either so it would be interesting to see what the final deal to take him back to Spurs was and I have a feeling we will still be paying some of his wages for a while as no doubt he got a rise when he joined here and I can't see Spurs wanting to pay him that rise when he was on less only six months prior? Why isn't the manager being held to task for this negligence?

Degen had a history of injury problems before he ever set foot here yet what do we do? Give him nearly 40 grand a week and a 2m signing on fee. Why was this deal sanctioned in the first place?

We spent 3.5m on Cavalieri to be our back up goalkeeper. Surely we could have got a veteran English keeper in his twighlight to sit on the bench like Dean Kiely or that lad from Portsmouth Jamie Ashdown would have been a decent shout for our Number 2 at a fraction of the 3.5m we spent on Cavalieri who to be fair is probably a decent keeper but it was yet again another strange transfer. We bought Itandje the summer before for TWO FUCKING MILLION QUID because it was a panic buy because Macia yet again ballsed it up with that Mihaiylov work permit as he did for Leto.

Some of Rafa's transfer deals are as puzzling as some of Houlliers later ones at times. For Itandje read Luzi (at least Luzi was a free) For Degen read Xavier. For Damian Plessis read Alou Diarra. Exact same type of deals that were Houlliers forte in his later years in charge.

Fucking hell John, I'm not his number one fan, but let it go. It seems to me that your beef with Rafa has become personal.

The way I see things is that he is now there for the long term and he has probably deserved and earned his place in that position. He isn't flawless but I can't honestly think of another manager I'd rather have in charge of us at the moment. I believe the man knows what he is doing and how to deliver it, and if he treats a few favourites like shit along the way and doesn't play some of the local lads, so what? His job is extremely pressurised and he should do it the best way he sees fit.

Anyway, come on Rafa, lets win that league again, it's about time.

The main difference between Rafa and Alonso? Rafa turned Madrid down - several times.

Yes he makes mistakes - but then Shanks bought Tony Hateley and Jack Whitham - and he also often bought players without seeing them based on the recommendation of his scouts - Alec Lindsay being an obvious example - what a bastard, eh? Does Rafa get credit for signing Alonso in the first place when many here and elsewhere doubted him? Does he get credit for signing Torres, Reina, Kuyt, Masch, Arbeloa, Agger, Skrtel and on... when did we last only lose two games in a season? We're lucky to have him, imperfect though he may be.

All our managers have made mistakes - some more than others - Rafa is in the 'less than' camp - and none have had to put up with the shit on his own front dorrstep or behind the scenes that he has done - some of our best would have walked away, and there would be no shortage of top-table takers for him either.

I don't know why there's all this sniping about Rafa right now. He has his new deal, he's won the power battles within the club and he has the scope to take us forward. The time for bitching about Rafa was about 6 months ago, before he signed his new deal and before he showed us a tantalising glimpse of what his team could produce.

Let him get on with it. If we get nowhere this season (by nowhere I mean nowhere near a decent league challenge and no trophies won) then by all means bring Rafa into the spotlight then, as he would be on thin ice. But rigt now, if not quite riding on the crest of a wave, his stock is high and he has been (rightly IMO) empowered in full to do the job. So, let him get on with it!

PS - all money in football is ludicrous, so with that said, Rafa's payscale is about right for a man in his position i.e. a leading club, one of the European powerhouses, one operating in the upper tier of 3-4 Prem clubs. He would get his salary elsewhere (perhaps more at some clubs) so we are simply paying the going rate.

Dossena and Johnson are on more than Carra? I can't see that being true mate. Oh hang on, I misread your point - you mean most expensive. Sorry.

Your posts are becoming repetative and only focus on one point "Rafa". Rafa has taken a fair amount of criticism on here from some but nothing from others - that's life. Diggin' up the Xabi issue from last season is pointless. Prior to last season Xabi had been what could best be described as average, you can argue forever if Barry would have improved us or not- we don't know.

You make a valid point about Macia but seem to ignore the facts that every red manager has bought his share of dross out there as has every premier league manager, transfers are not an exact science and all represent some sort of gamble. Let it drop now.

Eye AIDS.

Who is WATB?

Not read the last few pages but We Are The Best I think is still here in another guise. He was rather rude but quite funny poster. I seem to remember he was rude to john gallagher and was banned. My memory is vague though.