You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Home fans influence the ref huh?

Funny, I remember a game last season where Jonjo Shelvey was sent off and we conceded a joke penalty to lose a game against Manchester United.

Huge calls. At Anfield.

Teams and managers are what influence referees, not supporters.

I hope our referees totally fuck up next summers World Cup. Let one of them (Webb) make a fucking howler that sends Brazil out in the quarter finals. Let the world see how utter wank British referees in this country are.

I'd prefer him to disallow a legitimate goal for Colombia in the world cup final that means they lose to Ecuador. 

See how long the cunt lasts then. 

• Upvote 1

I hope our referees totally fuck up next summers World Cup. Let one of them (Webb) make a fucking howler that sends Brazil out in the quarter finals. Let the world see how utter wank British referees in this country are.

Wasn't it Webb who allowed De Jong to perform a flying kick on Alonso and stay on the pitch? 

Rodgers doing  press conference live on LFC channel at 2pm.

Was just thinking the same thing, should be interesting.

Rafa got fucked and ridiculed for coming out against refs before a game we should have won and where we dropped points, I wonder if brendan will bite his tongue in knowledge of what the press are like and how they love to spin things if things go wrong against hull.

I'm overlooking the penalty. I know enough by now to know that Suarez has to be virtually assaulted to get one of them.

A player scoring a winning goal when he shouldn't have been on the pitch I cannot get over.

If Lee Cattermole had made that challenge he would have been off before Henderson hit the floor. Regardless of the minute it happened. As it was a Chelsea player on prime time TV, Webb allowed it to escape any punishment. Which led to that player getting his team the points. It's not incompetence, it's high level cheating.

We could feasibly miss out on CL by 1 point come May, this could lead to Suarez leaving and Rodgers getting sacked. Which could in turn mean another 4 years of decline for LFC and a huge loss in business terms. These decisions, are massive and the ramifications of them could be catastrophic. So why are we just allowed to let them happen? Predictably all I'm seeing is us called bitter and 'always the victims' is trotted out again.

I'm fucking sick of it. Really fucking sick of it.

Spot on.

Its stuff like that, that will drive people from football.

Its bent.

Guest San Don

Wasn't it Webb who allowed De Jong to perform a flying kick on Alonso and stay on the pitch? 

Yep. Said he didnt send anyone off because he was concious it was the World Cup Final and didnt want to spoil the spectacle.

Oh, so having 11 on each side at the end is more important than observing the laws of football then.

• Upvote 1

You would hope that FIFA would have seen enough of Webb's inept displays to decline the use of his services if offered.

In all honesty we should just not send any ref to Brazil. They are all completely fucking useless and are likely to cause us total embarrassment anyway.

Yep. Said he didnt send anyone off because he was concious it was the World Cup Final and didnt want to spoil the spectacle.

Oh, so having 11 on each side at the end is more important than observing the laws of football then.

And that attitude went well didn't it as the game sorry spectacle was fucking awful and was nearly won by a very negative and dirty Dutch side.

Thing with Webb is he will get a game soon that isn't as high profile and he will be giving pens and sending players off for challenges a lot less that what happened yesterday.....

Guest San Don

He was, twice!

Can you imagine if Suarez had made either of those two "challenges" on Terry or Eto? He'd be in stocks outside buckingham palace now.

He doesnt need to! Suarez is already in 'another diving storm' according to the daily wail. They swallowed maureen's swimming pool dive without a hint of contriteness (if thats the right word!)

He was, twice!

Can you imagine if Suarez had made either of those two "challenges" on Terry or Eto? He'd be in stocks outside buckingham palace now.

Never mind them as bad as they were imagine if he had done the Cahill one?......

What pisses me off is Mourinho is allowed to spout his shite to a room full of "journalist" about Surez and all they do is sit there giggling......Not one had the balls to question him about the fact that he has made a living with having teams full of cheating twats for the last 10 years .

• Upvote 3