You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Clough takes over at Derby

WaltonRed

After reading his article on LFC.tv earlier this year I found a lot of respect for the man.

Would love to see him kick on and do well, then come to Anfield if Rafa leaves.

Although, he'd have to do as well as his pops!

I actually got his autograph a few years ago, he was really cool about it too. Don't know what got into me (I'm 35 now), never had a thing for autographs. Saw him at an airport in Spain, and just reacted like a little kid! Really brought back time, even if Clough never was a big favourite of mine. Incredibly childish (and probably a bit rude), the sight of a 6ft5, 250 pound male sprinting after the relatively modestly built Clough to get his autograph atleast gave my family a good laugh!

a 6ft5, 250 pound male sprinting

Sorry mate, dont believe it.

Cloughy will be at the game tonight but wont be in charge. Would be nice for them to start with a win all the same. Survivial is first for them then they could try to build on that for next season. He always seemed like a relatively cool headed guy so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sorry to be pedantic ole boy but he left Derby out of principal then he joined Brighton. Leeds followed shortly after. I hope Nigel Clough does well.

I think you'll find derby's then chairman sacked him but clough senior spun it to look like he left. He also later binned his then right hand man peter taylor while at brighton I believe.

I think you'll find derby's then chairman sacked him but clough senior spun it to look like he left. He also later binned his then right hand man peter taylor while at brighton I believe.

No. The fallout happened whilst at Forest and after 2 european cups. Clough Snr later told of his regret that he never made it up with Taylor.

hope he does well. seems ok does nigel,went right of his dad though when he persisted on blaming liverpool fans for hillsborough

Nigel is a great bloke and he, and the rest of the family were totally against what Brian said about Hillsborough and advised him not to. Never forgiven Brian for that, even though he did later issue an apology and admitted that he had got it totally wrong.

No. The fallout happened whilst at Forest and after 2 european cups. Clough Snr later told of his regret that he never made it up with Taylor.

Nigel is a great bloke and he, and the rest of the family were totally against what Brian said about Hillsborough and advised him not to. Never forgiven Brian for that, even though he did later issue an apology and admitted that he had got it totally wrong.

Nigel is a good bloke and I really wish him well.

Just on Clough's apology, he only apologized because 442 magazine threatened to fuck him off, after being warned that if they didn't get him to apologize or get rid of him that 442 would be boycotted. The Sun might have been able to take the hit, there was no way 442 could.

Nigel is a good bloke and I really wish him well.

Just on Clough's apology, he only apologized because 442 magazine threatened to fuck him off, after being warned that if they didn't get him to apologize or get rid of him that 442 would be boycotted. The Sun might have been able to take the hit, there was no way 442 could.

Fair comment, but he did not have to do it. He was a very proud man and only apologised for his biggest mistakes - whatever the pressures for him to do so were. Those were what he said about Hillsborough and the above about Peter Taylor. Don't get me wrong, I have never forgiven him for what he said because of the damage done, but I am 100% sure that the apology was sincere, otherwise he would not have made it.