You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard

Guest TK-421

Guest TK-421

I didn't want to clutter up the MOTM thread but quite a few people didn't have him in their top three which I find a bit strange to say the least.

Some of the passes he laid on for Keane today were sublime and as someone else said he was at the heart of everything.

In the last two games he has been outstanding and easily MOTM by my reckoning. I think he's now at the peak of his powers and playing the best football of his career.

Guest TK-421
Also great captaincy aswell to lay on Torres, none of that " Stevie Me" bollocks. Not that it was ever true.

That was truly heartwarming stuff. You knew that he would do the right thing and set up Nando.

I didn't want to clutter up the MOTM thread but quite a few people didn't have him in their top three which I find a bit strange to say the least.

Some of the passes he laid on for Keane today were sublime and as someone else said he was at the heart of everything.

In the last two games he has been outstanding and easily MOTM by my reckoning. I think he's now at the peak of his powers and playing the best football of his career.

Just had a quick look and he seemed to be in the majority of the top 3's. there'll always be people who see different things, and people's expectations of him are so high I think he is sometimes overlooked for man of the match unless he obviously was (which he often is)

Couldn't agree more with your take on his form though.

I think he's back to his best,after a couple of mediocre seasons by his standards,they were wanking over him in a post on RAWK after the Newcastle match,most were saying he's are greatest/best ever player and currently on a par with the King which is all wrong for me,top 10 yes No.1 no fucking chance!

He's been fantastic lately. His movement and link-up play with the two holding mids has been absolute top drawer. He's really nailed that position down, before i would worry that he was getting himself too far ahead of the play so maybe wasn't involved as often as he should have. But now....he's been flawless. Involved in everything. Can't wait until Torres is firing again *touch wood*

Just WTF did we buy Keane for? I mean, surely not to dislodge Gerrard from that position? Not to play wide? No place alongside Torres if Gerrard is there?

Guest TK-421
He's been fantastic lately. His movement and link-up play with the two holding mids has been absolute top drawer. He's really nailed that position down, before i would worry that he was getting himself too far ahead of the play so maybe wasn't involved as often as he should have. But now....he's been flawless. Involved in everything. Can't wait until Torres is firing again *touch wood*

I guess a lot of credit should go to Alonso, Mascherano and Lucas too who consistently pick him out with a good pass when he finds space.

i`ve been going to games now since 1968 and have seen all the great`s. In my opinion and I stress it is just my opinion Stevie is the best player to wear the red shirt in my time . I can`t think of another player , be it Kenny, Souness, Rush, ect that has had the influence on games that Stevie has. Istanbul, Millenium Stadium, Anfield all grounds and games where he has dragged victory from defeat.

to me the best ever.

I think he's back to his best,after a couple of mediocre seasons by his standards,they were wanking over him in a post on RAWK after the Newcastle match,most were saying he's are greatest/best ever player and currently on a par with the King which is all wrong for me,top 10 yes No.1 no fucking chance!

Oh for god's sake, a 'couple of mediocre seasons'! Im not going to say anything to dis Dalglish but to suggest Gerrard EDIT is only a top 10, absolutely mind blowing!

Just WTF did we buy Keane for? I mean, surely not to dislodge Gerrard from that position? Not to play wide? No place alongside Torres if Gerrard is there?

Totally agree and have absolutely no idea what benitez was thinking.

Edited by ratcatcher
Mistyped 'suggest Gerrard is a top 10'

Oh for god's sake, a 'couple of mediocre seasons'! Im not going to say anything to dis Dalglish but to suggest Gerrard is a top 10, absolutely mind blowing!

Its not a fucking Keane thread.

He was good, not as good as he was against Newcastle but still pretty good. And I think he can better. Needs to get back to doing more defending though, he's becoming too much of an 'attacking midfielder', when he's so much more.

Don't think we need him doing that so much really. I'm sure we'll see it more when its required, but against the dross, i like him doing what he's doing.

I guess a lot of credit should go to Alonso, Mascherano and Lucas too who consistently pick him out with a good pass when he finds space.

Definitely, but i think a lot of that is Gerrard tbh. Maybe before he was a bit reluctant to drop back, thinking he needed to stay further forward to make the numbers up, i don't know. But i definitely see a difference in him the last couple of games. He goes looking for it off them way more than he was, thus is seeing much more of the ball.

I know he's 28 now, and he's been fantastic for years, but i really think we're going to start seeing the best Gerrard we ever have. A player that understands his role in the team better than he ever has. And i certainly wouldn't go looking to jeopardise that for Robbie Keane's sake.

i`ve been going to games now since 1968 and have seen all the great`s. In my opinion and I stress it is just my opinion Stevie is the best player to wear the red shirt in my time . I can`t think of another player , be it Kenny, Souness, Rush, ect that has had the influence on games that Stevie has. Istanbul, Millenium Stadium, Anfield all grounds and games where he has dragged victory from defeat.

to me the best ever.

I've been going since 1977, though not so much recent years, and until your post I hadn't thought of Stevie's contributions to our club that way. The others all played in teams that ruled, Stevie has been an immense player for us through thick and thin.

Oh for god's sake, a 'couple of mediocre seasons'! Im not going to say anything to dis Dalglish but to suggest Gerrard EDIT is only a top 10, absolutely mind blowing!

I said he's in the top 10,somewhere! Which considering some of the players we've had down the years is a massive compliment!