You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bars of sugary crap.

RJ Fan club

An intriguing title for a thread I'm sure you'll agree.

Anyway down to the point. I'm craving some form of sugary crap, not so much that I can be arsed going down the 24 hour garage like, but still it got me thinking.

I went to Aldershot for f**tball reasons a few weeks ago and encountered a garage that sold an amazing variety of sugary shit. Refresher bars (original and strawberry) wham bars, sherbet dib dabs, etc, etc all mod cons. I didn't see any highland toffee bars, but still it was quite a comprehensive range on display.

Anyway it got me thinking that I don't see much of these kind of things these days. Maybe because I'm over 6ft and my eye line is more easily drawn towards the top shelf smut than the sweets, more than likely its just some kind of shit house EU directive to stop our kids eating British high grade tooth roting sweets.

My mission tomorrow will be to secure some refresher bars as I don't hold out much hope of wham bars as I do not pass any state schools on the way to work.

Feel free to experiment with them yourself.

Parma violets are girls sweets and would be a let down. I quiet like the pack of three small boiled sweets, but not had them in years and could prove a disappointment.

I will checkout this multi pack lark, but would much prefer a bar or two of unadulterated sugary shite.

An Irn Bru bar would be a cheeky little side line if I could get it. The optimum achievement would be a large yellow refresher.

Does anyone remember the Gargoyle Bar? It was like a Wham Bar but green with a Gargoyle on the packet. I would do anything to have another Gargoyle Bar.

• 8 years later...

My sweet cravings are covered by these nowa days

GrenadeBarMix_large.png

Less than 2g of sugar and under 15g of carbs

Great for low carb or diabetics

I get these myself. Not cheap though. I have been getting boxes of different flavours from ebay.

no they are not cheap

Holland and barret has them at but 1 get one half price at the moment and i normally rack up enough points in there to get a 3 or 4 free every few months

Might have to look at a boz or two,do you get from any seller imparticular?

no they are not cheap

Holland and barret has them at but 1 get one half price at the moment and i normally rack up enough points in there to get a 3 or 4 free every few months

Might have to look at a boz or two,do you get from any seller imparticular?

No mate, Its a much or a muchness to be honest. Going rate is about £20 for 12 bars.

• Upvote 1