You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off internationals and Fergie

snez1

Rooney, Ferdinand and Fletcher all out of theirinternational squads. Chest infection for Rooney which is why he didn't play today (call me cynical but i'd say Fergie knew he could rest him today, win easily, play Tevez and get Wayne the midweek off).

Meanwhile, Fernando Torres, half fit and injured in his last few international games is in the Spain squad....

I fucking hate international football.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had to laugh really when I heard this news.

wouldn't be surprised if Terry had a twinge in his dodgy back.

Funny (not really) how Ferdinands back always seems to keep him out of meaningless international friendlies.

If Torres comes back on thursday with any sort of injury, I expect Rafa to go absolutely balistic!

dont think Rafa can keep him out under FIFA rules

Aww fucking great! Why does he go on then he knows its not good for him. I hope he doesen't get injured again. I hope Xabi hasn't been picked.Why the hell do they play internationals so early anyway its not till 2010. Its fucked up and pisses me right off they should play these games when the season is over. Who ever came up with this policy is a twat.

whats the fucking point of having a one off friendly when there is months to go before the next round of qualifiers?

Just listening to the Chav match and with a few minutes to go JT is on the touchline with his boot off! Cue withdrawal!

Me?

Cynical?

Surely not

I would rather lose our players for 3 days so they can go on international training camps with their countries rather than lose them for 2 days involving a match.

Informal get togethers allow the players to train with each other, keep the morale up, discuss tactics ideas etc, without having to play out a pointless 90 minute friendly.

I think that'd be a fair compromise. Though it seems players seem to get injured training with their countries just as often...

whats the fucking point of having a one off friendly when there is months to go before the next round of qualifiers?

Just listening to the Chav match and with a few minutes to go JT is on the touchline with his boot off! Cue withdrawal!

Me?

Cynical?

Surely not

Was just about to have a rant at Terry. I'm not actually condemning it as such, but theyre international friendlies. Our first team dont play in our friendlies so shouldnt have to play in the internationals. Yet if Rafa pulled Torres/Gerrard/Masch out of the squads he would get slated - yet Rooney, Ferdinand and Terry can all pretend to be injured just so they can miss an england game. As for Terry being England captain, he cant still be serious about this even though before chelsea have a few tough games he is pulled out of the squads? I reckon he's missed at least 50% of england games since Capello named his captain! Getting angry about this and I dont even follow england!

wouldn't be surprised if Terry had a twinge in his dodgy back

The Croatia game last november when all they needed was a draw, mongo the England Captain pulled out with a Dodgy back only for it to miraclously heal before Chelsea were at home to Derby 3 days later, Good Captain that lad:whistle:

Rafa can take Torres and any player out of a Friendly without any FIFA action, Barcelona told the Argies Messi would'nt be playing any friendlies this season if they let him go to the olympics, Argentina agreed we should have done the same with Babel Mascher etc. No fuckin way should Torres be allowed to go Nando himself should just say no and work on his fitness and building up his hamstring in the Gym this week.

I see we're learning how to deal with these internationals now....

Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of England's friendly with Germany in Berlin on Wednesday after suffering an injury during yesterday's 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers.

Liverpool FC spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Steven picked up an injury in yesterday's game at Bolton.

"A scan this morning has confirmed a tear in the adductor magnus muscle in his right leg, and he is expected to be out between seven to 10 days."[/quoteIT]

GERRARD RULED OUT OF FRIENDLY

He'll be back for Fulham im guessing.

EDIT : what's up with the quote thing and the gold?

just had to laugh really when I heard this news.

wouldn't be surprised if Terry had a twinge in his dodgy back.

Funny (not really) how Ferdinands back always seems to keep him out of meaningless international friendlies.

If Torres comes back on thursday with any sort of injury, I expect Rafa to go absolutely balistic!

Back injuries don't come up in scans. That's why most of the slimey fuckers pull that one out of the hat.

Oh look. Gerrard has been forced to report to duty for a medical 'assessment' of his injury. But Rooney and Ferdinand haven't.

Any people think we are paranoid about the FA?

Under FIFA rules, now Man United need special dispensation to play these two in any game within 7 days of the international they have missed as they didn't report for duty. Keep an eye on the United team next weekend...

Oh look. Gerrard has been forced to report to duty for a medical 'assessment' of his injury. But Rooney and Ferdinand haven't.

Any people think we are paranoid about the FA?

Under FIFA rules, now Man United need special dispensation to play these two in any game within 7 days of the international they have missed as they didn't report for duty. Keep an eye on the United team next weekend...

I said that would happen. Well I said Gary Lewin would come up to Melwood, but they've took it an extra step

edit: this golden quote thing's happening to me now. I clicked the normal quote button??