You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saw this in Asda earlier

Juniper

Its just Tescos

Thing is, our kid rang me last week to tell me, amongst other things, that he was off to The Tescos in The Swan to buy a microwave for his new flat.

Now, when I lived there, my mam used to ask me to "pick me up some stuff from The Tescos in Old Swan", although if I was going myself, I would tell people, if asked, that I was just "Going to Tescos in Old Swan"

You can see how a man can get confused, especially when he's just got out of the bath and is wearing a towel.

Thing is, our kid rang me last week to tell me, amongst other things, that he was off to The Tescos in The Swan to buy a microwave for his new flat.

Now, when I lived there, my mam used to ask me to "pick me up some stuff from The Tescos in Old Swan", although if I was going myself, I would tell people, if asked, that I was just "Going to Tescos in Old Swan"

You can see how a man can get confused, especially when he's just got out of the bath and is wearing a towel.

It could be a throwback from when Old Swan Tescos was always "the new Tescos", but now the 'new' has been dropped.

"The Asda", or "Deeyasder" is definitely a scousism. However, Tesco is "Tescos" where I'm from. Real scousers call it "Tezzies". Marks & Spencer is "Marksies" and Morrisons is "Mozzies".

I call it "the Asda" and a real scouser wouldn't set foot inside a Tesco because it has a * adopts fruity voice * "delicatessen" and is undoubtedly Tory country.

The Asda isn't what it used to be though, they used to sell Manta Force and stuff, now they're mostly just warehouse-esque since their conquest by the colonials, with no windows and aisles stacked high with cheap and nasty shite.

Interesting this post very interesting, allow me to elaborate, You have said how you saw this in "ASDA" but for many years I have heard people refer to said supermarket as "The ASDA", why is this ??. Why is ADSA reffered to as "The ASDA" but Tescos is just "Tescos", very strange indeed.

My mrs does this and it drives me fucking mental.

I call it "the Asda" and a real scouser wouldn't set foot inside a Tesco because it has a * adopts fruity voice * "delicatessen" and is undoubtedly Tory country.

The Asda isn't what it used to be though, they used to sell Manta Force and stuff, now they're mostly just warehouse-esque since their conquest by the colonials, with no windows and aisles stacked high with cheap and nasty shite.

Tesco is Essex tory. The type that voted for Thatcher.

Waitrose is real tory country mixed in with a smattering of lib dem.

Morrisons and asda are labour. Not sure about sainsburys

Tesco is Essex tory. The type that voted for Thatcher.

Waitrose is real tory country mixed in with a smattering of lib dem.

Morrisons and asda are labour. Not sure about sainsburys

Agreed, but I'd put Morrisons down as Blair's brand of New Labour. It's a little bit 'style over substance' and courts celebrity.

• 7 years later...

I was in (the) ASDA before getting my lager in and they've got a 3D scanner thing that you can go in and they make a wee doll of you.

I have no idea how much it costs but I've checked with the missus and she's confirmed that it's narcissistic as fuck so I'm definitely going ahead with it.

Edit - scratch that, prices start at £60. Robbing bastards.

I was in (the) ASDA before getting my lager in and they've got a 3D scanner thing that you can go in and they make a wee doll of you.

I have no idea how much it costs but I've checked with the missus and she's confirmed that it's narcissistic as fuck so I'm definitely going ahead with it.

Make sure you set it on your lap on the train when Weird Ginger Lass sits down next to you.

• Upvote 1

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-28%20at%204.38.1

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

Anyone go to The Asda regularly? I’m on a wild goose chase here. Trekking around Cambridge last night, probably off to Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds later, all because my 14 year old has decided she wants one of these, preferably the pig. 

Out of stock online. Cambridge had the lamb, but no. They had the rabbit, too ugly. They had the fluffy chick, too babyish. They had the goose, absolutely not. 

If anyone spots one or both, do me a huge favour please and buy them and send them to me. I’ll send you all the money for postage and packaging and stuff and rep you to death. 

There’s a fucking huge amount of dad points on the line here. 

And yeah, you read that right. She’s 14 and it’s a cuddly toy. All her friends are after them as well. 

These are tough dad points to earn. If I get hold of these toys before any of her friends, that’s free cups of tea for a month at least. 

76A974C3-4136-4EEC-89DA-46596866752C.jpeg

E009B521-9B8F-4E89-8E91-4A7BDE7D7B56.jpeg