You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa´s transfer dealings so far this summer has been very awkward. A man who has always stated the importance of having different types of players in his team has suddenly offloaded his only left winger and target player respectively. But that´s not the funny part. The funny part is he hasn´t made any attempt to replace these players. If there will be any more incomings it will most likely be Robbie Keane and Gareth Barry. Neither of these players can be described as a left winger or a target player. Me myself can only come up with two reasons Rafa has put himself in this situation:

a. He has found out target players don´t win you the league.

b. We are broke. :dunno:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I use this thread to ask whether or not it's possible to criticise our transfer policy in this window without receiving personal abuse and having your loyalty questioned? Are people allowed to actually dare criticise Rafa Benitez and the way he's looked to strengthen the team this summer?

Disagree by all means, but this is, essentially, a forum intended for debate.

When you're no longer allowed to agree with the majority, may I ask what kind of forum is this?

The likes of Rashid and my very good friend Hermes have taken bags of abuse on countless threads over the years simply for disagreeing and because they were easy targets.

They don't always help themselves with their style, but let me tell you something. They're not the only ones who can be tedious and repetitive. And repetitive.

Can I use this thread to ask whether or not it's possible to criticise our transfer policy in this window without receiving personal abuse and having your loyalty questioned? Are people allowed to actually dare criticise Rafa Benitez and the way he's looked to strengthen the team this summer?

When you're no longer allowed to agree with the majority, may I ask what kind of forum is this?

The likes of Rashid and my very good friend Hermes have taken bags of abuse on countless threads over the years simply for disagreeing and because they were easy targets.

They don't always help themselves with their style, but let me tell you something. They're not the only ones who can be tedious and repetitive. And repetitive.

your brave, they will soon be calling for you to be banned. you are right though.

Agreed.

I'm sure there are quite a few people on this forum (besides the likes of Rashid and Xabi D) who aren't convinced by the transfer buisness we are likely to do this summer, but don't make there voices heard for fear of abuse and mass negging from those who believe Rafa can do no wrong. Which in my opinion is not good for the forum.

Agreed.

I'm sure there are quite a few people on this forum (besides the likes of Rashid and Xabi D) who aren't convinced by the transfer buisness we are likely to do this summer, but don't make there voices heard for fear of abuse and mass negging from those who believe Rafa can do no wrong. Which in my opinion is not good for the forum.

And there are also people try to see both sides of things Rafa does (not necessarily just transfer business), but find they have to be 100% for or 100% against and have found the middle ground has disappeared. They are often lumped in with those who are called Rafa apologists. Anyone worried by a negging is a bit pathetic to be honest.

Agreed.

I think it's also a case of people not wanting to allign themselves with the likes of Rashid and Xabi D.

It's like they must be wrong. Someone said to me once if Rashid told me I was the best, I'd argue with him that I was an absolute cunt. That's not being afraid of agreeing with him, it's more of a trained reaction I'd say.

And there are also people try to see both sides of things Rafa does (not necessarily just transfer business), but find they have to be 100% for or 100% against and have found the middle ground has disappeared. They are often lumped in with those who are called Rafa apologists. Anyone worried by a negging is a bit pathetic to be honest.

And these are the people that should be cherished, for it was spoken that they were the true voice of reason.

Fuck Usher, I agree 100% with DT.

Trust DT!

As for his point, I agree. I'm aboot as underwhlemed as underwhelming can be without being a three-toed sloth looking at a sunbathing wombat whlist a koala stuffs its face with eucalyptus leaves.

Now whether this is Rafa's doing, G and H, or sell to buy policy i don't know. I thought you'd like to have your team settled by August as the season is then only a fortnight away; I do believe Rafa has always levelled criticism at not being able to buy early. Perhaps there is no Parry to blame.

My man!

american_gangster-movie(007-denzel_washington-headshot-b&w-med).jpg

Depends, are people going to wait until the window actually closes and all the signings are made or are they going to bitch and moan every day because it wasn't the day we signed the best player in the world ever.

Agreed.

I don't think that's true.

If you express your opinion like a hysterical child, then repeat it ad nauseum it gets tiresome is all. It annoys me that it winds me up, got to see to that.

Nor do I think anyone here seriously believes Rafa can do no wrong. Its just personalities and how people choose to discuss things. Its easy for some people to talk about this "brigade" because it justifies the vilification they get for their posting style.