You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In talks with Malouda??

GRADY

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want someone who can play left side but can also play the creative role behind Gerrard I would prefer Van der vaart. Bit of a playboy but he scores goals and even though he is maybe a little injury prone is an amazing talent.

Malouda would cost about the same but I would imagine his wages would be much more and he is nowhere near as talented.

A bit faster, a bit lightweight but equally talented would be Silva and Arshavin. Both versatile players with a good eye for a through ball and both can cross a ball well too.

If it was up to me I would go for Arshavin and Van der vaart, only problem is unless we have Hicks insured and he meets with an "accident" we are unlikely to have enough money for any of them.

Now then cock egg... Kuyt is not an out and out striker, played inside right for utrecht, looks much better there for liverpool, think outside the box dude it's not all black and white

Fantastic pun.

As for Benayoun, I think he's been a good buy. A bad buy would be Cisse, a great buy would be Torres. As Benayoun's been somewhere in between, I think it's okay to call him a good buy.

This Malouda business is a strange idea though. I'd take him, give him a go, but not for much...the Barry idea at first seemed a bit off, but it really grew on me the more I thought about it. This one just seems a bit off the wall.

Right. He's either brilliant or completely anonymous. We need someone more consistent so that we can use Yossi as an impact, at which I think he is pretty good.

But isn`t that the way we have been using Yossi?