You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool V Everton match thread

Paco

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, sadly I'm a complete armchair. I haven't got the time to go to all the effort it takes to get tickets through official channels without an ST (been on the list for over ten years now). I only ever go when kind hearted gents like Jules on here or a mate at work offer me tickets they can't use. I haven't been a week in, week out regular since the standing Kop days. My hope is for going to the match to become something for my whole family to do if we ever get to this new gaff and the STs come through (although the kids' names aren't on the list).

I was only messing ;)

RE: streams - I've deleted links to them from the thread in oredr to stop them being closed down. Could everyone use PMs, please? Zigzackly and Paco have the details, I think (hopefully they won't mind PMing people).

Fair enough, I don't think there was any danger though.

He is by no means great in the air, that's for sure...

I guess he thinks along the same lines as me (see the Reina thread if it still exists...), that our fullbacks are poor in the (esp Arbeloa, Finnan and Aurelio), and that we need the extra power/height Skrtel provides as Everton are only gonna trouble us from set pieces (which we have been extremely poor from defensively as well this season). Well pleased with that line-up, even if I would have preferred 4-4-2 with Crouch and Pennant. Guess we will see them if we're 0-0 after 70 mins....(which could well be the scenario)

Carra has marked several big players out of the game. Ferguson, Koller to name just a couple.

It makes little difference.

I feel confident about beating them, can't remember the last time I felt this confident about this particular fixture.

We're gonna twat them.

I know it goes without saying, but it would be so fucking sweet to really twat them today. After the shitty season we've had, we deserve it as fans. Hammering these 5-0 would almost make up for all the disappointments of the season so far.

Setting out the team and worrying about Fucking Yakubu? Fucking hell.

Would the Mancs do that?

No, as they already have 2 very strong, excellent headers of the ball (Vidic, Ferdinand) and one very good one (Brown) in their defense they don't need to. They also have a giant of a goalkeeper, whereas Pepes only flaw imo is his lack of height/command in the box. Rafa is only trying to prevent them from scoring from a set piece which is more than fine in my book!

We should beat them regardless, but I would be a bit uneasy if they got 1-0 from a corner/free-kick and that StarTrek lookalike scored it, how about you?

Carra has marked several big players out of the game. Ferguson, Koller to name just a couple.

It makes little difference.

Those are two of the most static strikers in the history of football, I'm talking more about players like Lescott and Yobo who will pose a threat at set pieces, we need to match them!!!

Gonna watch the game on my Telly now, so we'll have to disagree I guess. Think back to the last minutes of last derby and say that Carra was in control regarding crosses/throw-ins into the box...

Those are two of the most static strikers in the history of football, I'm talking more about players like Lescott and Yobo who will pose a threat at set pieces, we need to match them!!!

Gonna watch the game on my Telly now, so we'll have to disagree I guess. Think back to the last minutes of last derby and say that Carra was in control regarding crosses/throw-ins into the box...

Hyypia was playing that game too, so he was designated header-winner!

Anyway, as you say agree to disagree - come on Liverpool!