You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

Today we've been American owned for a year. Would be a good day for the Yankees to leave.

Some weird things is going on. What's this stuff about Gillett buying Montreal FC in the MJL (all over the internet today)? Has he really got another loan or is he spending the DIC money already? Also, why is there no press release from Hicks denying a sale. It's been several days since the last buy-out article...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine there will be a statement from Hicks shortly

Aye. I'm expecting that to be in the official site - I'm fully committed to the club, I'm fully committed to the world class stadium for the world class fans, I'm fully behind Roffa...blah blah blah.

I fully hate the cunts just for bringing something or other just before every fucking big game.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Aye. I'm expecting that to be in the official site - I'm fully committed to the club, I'm fully committed to the world class stadium for the world class fans, I'm fully behind Roffa...blah blah blah.

I fully hate the cunts just for bringing something or other just before every fucking big game.

To be fair, they havent brought this up and have been quiet for a few weeks, George has pulled the pin out of the grenade.

All 'interested parties' have now been made aware, publicly, that Thomas O. Hicks was offered George N. Gillett's shares with reasonable terms and he was not able to complete the transaction.

Think about the significance of this.... in legal terms.

All 'interested parties' have now been made aware, publicly, that Thomas O. Hicks was offered George N. Gillett's shares with reasonable terms and he was not able to complete the transaction.

So when are you going to take over Sameer? :whistle:

In what way do you mean significant.

Do you mean that we now know that Hicks had his chance to buy Gilletts shares but couldnt afford it so therefore also has lost the power of veto.

Do you mean that we now know that Hicks had his chance to buy Gilletts shares but couldnt afford it so therefore also has lost the power of veto.

It means that Mr Hick's position of blocking any potential sale may have become significantly weaker if it was to be challenged.

Well if Hicks has lost the power of veto then Gillett can sell his shares to DIC and more or less force Hicks out over a period of time, especially with the credit crisis in America.

If Hicks feels he can hold out then it obvious he is going to have a new business partner soon but time will tell if he can remain at Anfield or give in under fan and financial pressure.

Whats your view Keygone, do you think DIC will continue to pursue Hicks and do you think they will be successful or is Hicks going to self destruct by trying to protect his public image.

Without knowing the exact wording of the agreement between the two Americans, it would be reasonable to assume that that protocol to the selling Gillets shares has now been satisfied and therefore the door is wide open for him to offer them to outside interested parties.

The difficulty will be ousting Hicks should DiC get Gilletts shares, that may take a little more persuading by Hicks's bankers. The clock is ticking down for sure.

Without knowing the exact wording of the agreement between the two Americans, it would be reasonable to assume that that protocol to the selling Gillets shares has now been satisfied and therefore the door is wide open for him to offer them to outside interested parties.

The difficulty will be ousting Hicks should DiC get Gilletts shares, that may take a little more persuading by Hicks's bankers. The clock is ticking down for sure.

Have the payments started on the latetst finance loan Hicks and Gillett stated yet.

Was it over 18 months they got the loan for so next year he will have to go back to the bank again for the loan for that.

You also have the stadium that needs builidng. Hicks can not afford to build it from his own cash so would have to go to the bank for a loan but if DIC owned the other 50 % they can refuse to sign an agreement to any loan Hicks wanted.

Both Hicks and DIC know that once Gillett sells his 50% to Arabs then Hicks time as co-owner at Liverpool is nearly over.

One potential problem i can see but its purely speculation because we dont know the ins and outs of any potential deal involving DIC and Gillett is that if Gillett is wanting to retain 10% it means Hicks would still be the majority shareholder unless DIC agree to sell 10% back to Gillett once they have full control.

Whats your view Keygone, do you think DIC will continue to pursue Hicks and do you think they will be successful or is Hicks going to self destruct by trying to protect his public image.

Take it as a given that two subsidiaries of Dubai Holdings will eventually assume control of Liverpool Football Club. Maybe not today, but "for the good of tomorrow".

Have the payments started on the latetst finance loan Hicks and Gillett stated yet.

Was it over 18 months they got the loan for so next year he will have to go back to the bank again for the loan for that.

You also have the stadium that needs builidng. Hicks can not afford to build it from his own cash so would have to go to the bank for a loan but if DIC owned the other 50 % they can refuse to sign an agreement to any loan Hicks wanted.

Both Hicks and DIC know that once Gillett sells his 50% to Arabs then Hicks time as co-owner at Liverpool is nearly over.

One potential problem i can see but its purely speculation because we dont know the ins and outs of any potential deal involving DIC and Gillett is that if Gillett is wanting to retain 10% it means Hicks would still be the majority shareholder unless DIC agree to sell 10% back to Gillett once they have full control.

the dic aren't going to build the stadium out of their own pocket the best we can hope for is a loan with a ridiculously low rate of interest. if the dic pay for the stadium out of their own pocket I'll be fucking amazed.

Gotta love "eventually."

When it comes to DIC, it's always Tuesday...

It is frustrating to the point of breaking the resolve of some people. However, a firm date can never be put on these things, particularly when dealing with volatile people.

If those involved in trying to make this happen knew exactly when it would happen, I can assure you that Liverpool fans would be made aware of it.

Its impossible to put a date on when/if DIC take over but it seems nothing will happen until the end of the season but hopefully sorted so Rafa can be given some money to spend.

We dont want to be going into the start of next season still with uncertainty around who is going to own Liverpool.

If a deal is not successfully negotiated before the start of next season, then one can reasonably assume that no such deal will be forthcoming beyond that time.

If DIC do not have a deal sorted by the start of next season surely that means that Hicks position is weaker due to the fact its getting closer and closer to him needing to sort out loans for both the stadium and next year to refinance.

Banks will lend him cash i would imagine but at interest rates we wouldnt be able to match.