You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

It would be very stupid of DIC to give an ultimatum... Had it been a real ultimatum and Hicks just said fuck off (which he probably would), DIC would have looked even stupider in a months time when they came back in.

I think its best if DIC just hang around and wait for something to push Hicks over the edge.

and i think they've figured that out now.

I can see the logic in that but the flip side is the longer this drags on the more chance that Hicks will raise the capital to buy out Gillette and take sole control.... in which case we enter DEFCON 1 (i.e. the shit's hit the fan!)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the logic in that but the flip side is the longer this drags on the more chance that Hicks will raise the capital to buy out Gillette and take sole control.... in which case we enter DEFCON 1 (i.e. the shit's hit the fan!)

the deadline was a bad thing, hicks could just wait for it to pass then gillett would have no option but to sell to him (hicks).

We're stuck with Hicks.

The fucker's played his ball right so far, and unless this is a grand old PR sham designed to keep everyone off what's truly happening, it's unlikely we're going to see DIC owning the club soon.

Whether we'll have success is another matter. I highly doubt even Hicks will put us into a Leeds situation because it was pure mismanagement there, which could have easily been avoided.

If he does reposition his funds I assume the loans will be paid in a more relaxed manner, and with maybe less on the club, and more on him until the next refinancing comes around.

I don't think he'll ruin us, but I think he'll come pretty damn close to alienating the fans.

the deadline was a bad thing, hicks could just wait for it to pass then gillett would have no option but to sell to him (hicks).

If indeed there was a deadline set, DIC are now denying it.

Also, if Gillette accepts the offer but Hicks refuses, is Gillette then legally obliged to sell to Hicks at the same price? Or can he refuse to sell based on the fact he doesn't want to do buisness with Hicks? (this is pretending for the moment that Gillette has some sort of morals. Something which is yet to be proven)

We're stuck with Hicks.

The fucker's played his ball right so far, and unless this is a grand old PR sham designed to keep everyone off what's truly happening, it's unlikely we're going to see DIC owning the club soon.

Whether we'll have success is another matter. I highly doubt even Hicks will put us into a Leeds situation because it was pure mismanagement there, which could have easily been avoided.

If he does reposition his funds I assume the loans will be paid in a more relaxed manner, and with maybe less on the club, and more on him until the next refinancing comes around.

I don't think he'll ruin us, but I think he'll come pretty damn close to alienating the fans.

Don't be so melodramatic, you don't know that for sure, nobody does.

He wont ruin us, but we'll be down with Portsmouth challenging for the UEFA spot under the ownership of that cunt.

He needs to know that if he becomes the sole owner then people will boycott the games.

As long as there's somebody behind them to take the tickets (which there will be) he wont give a shit.

Personally I do think he likes to win, so we will compete, but it'll just be far too dictatorial a reign.

The Stars have been consistently successful, even under Hicks, winning more points than anyone else with only the Red Wings and Devils having more.

The Rangers are another story though. They've bought a large amount of mediocre players and haven't really consistently challenged for anything, but that's down more to the players than the management.

I think he's an asshole in the way he's run our club so far, but he does like success, and I don't think we'll just be a cash cow for him.

It's a rough ride that's for sure.

If it's first refusal, it's just that. He makes the bid, but Gillett is under no real obligation to agree to it, but just allow Hicks to match the price.

You want melodramatic, visit RAWK. Me, I'm annoyed that we're a sham of a club.

So am I, we all know who to blame for that. Still if DIC win the day, the two clowns will surely be gone.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

One thing to bear in mind, right now in Colorado its 5:36am and in Dallas its 6:36am

Patience