You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Midfield 2003/2004

fivetimes

with hamann being told he hasnt got a future there, how is our midfield going to pan out next year?

Are we going to be more attack minded?

we are now being linked with basturk as well.

Stevie G is out of the chelsea match as well, so we defo need two new midfielders (one hopefullly Duff but houllier wont pay 18 million for him)

diouff, diao,murphy,duff??

while back - it is defo trust me - although people wont believe me till it actually happens.

not sure why there has been no stuff in the papers etc, but if no one comes in for him, then he will still be here next year!

[%sig%]

Post Edited (06-25-03 11:03)

Yeah, but with Didi you are always starting from really deep - possibly as the two centre-halves never move out the centre-circle! Great player in tight situations though, but not enough goals or getting forward really. Maybe we see SG in that role with a more creative player such as a Basturk. Did anyone see Bastruk versus the Brazilians? Pissed all over big tooth bound for the Mancs!

i agree about hamann but it has been there for a while.

if it doesnt happen then i will be truly surprised, and i will come on here and say i was wrong (it is not my opinion by the way).

i know dave etc have heard stuff as well from different sources as well, so no smoke without fire?

We shall see in the coming couple of months........

I have not got a clue who is coming in!!

I never said he was DEFO leaving (as no one appears to have come in as far as i know?), but he CAN go.

pure speculation about who would go there, but maybe houllier has faith in diao, but then he is the same sort of player? (i dont mind diao to be honest) cant see him just throwing welsh in? or maybe he would get someone like basturk to play in centre mid? its a tough one!

as i said ealier, thinks its a case of wait and see........?

"Murphy gets 6 or 7"

Do you want to check that out?

After Scholes Murphy was the Number one goal-scoring midfielder in the country. And scholes also played upfront for most of the season! Making Danny number one imo.

Agree on the point in principle though. We lack guile in a big way.

The fact that Hamman plays so deep and is so defensive minded should mean that the remaining 3 midfielders can go forward more and express themselves- much in the way Brazil always use a player of this type- eg dunga- a player who always makes the team tick- nothing fancy just tidies everything up. The problem is not with Hamman , it is the fact that the remaining 3 midfield players with the exception of SG simply are not good enough, that and Houlliers regressive tactics.

Guest red baron

hamman is the best defensive midield player we have, if he goes then who? diao ( christ no), hamman and gerrard in the middle with murphy and harry kewell, that would be good!!!!!