You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

Yeah - bit of a tongue in cheek comment to be honest but i wonder if the media are trying to make it out that its an English issue.

In all fairness for all the backing of Rafa i have done in this thread if he has lost the players then i dont know how he can get them back.

The only possible way i can think of is getting them in and laying it on the line. Not only are they playing for his future but for their own.

Gerrard and Carra maybe feeling sorry for themselves because they wont be adding the Premier league winners medal this season they still have a chance to get another FA cup and Champs League medal.

The league has gone we know that but the lads have to get themselves up because for all the shite thats gone on this season we can still make it a successful one by winning one of the major trophies we are still involved in.

Yeah - bit of a tongue in cheek comment to be honest but i wonder if the media are trying to make it out that its an English issue.

In all fairness for all the backing of Rafa i have done in this thread if he has lost the players then i dont know how he can get them back.

The only possible way i can think of is getting them in and laying it on the line. Not only are they playing for his future but for their own.

Gerrard and Carra maybe feeling sorry for themselves because they wont be adding the Premier league winners medal this season they still have a chance to get another FA cup and Champs League medal.

The league has gone we know that but the lads have to get themselves up because for all the shite thats gone on this season we can still make it a successful one by winning one of the major trophies we are still involved in.

Gerrard at 27 has ages left and JC at 30 is hardly retirement age so I think thats overplayed.

My whole belief on it is they work with him everyday if they have indeed lost faith then its the most worrying aspect of it all.

But you're right, the press are loving it no doubt. But Bascombe hardly panders to the Enger-lund fans does he.

I can understand Gerrard and Carra's frustrations to some extent - Rafa has done his fair share of mistakes this season with all his tinkering. With all the shite that has gone on, Rafa still has to take blame for our poor performances this season in the league. Equally, Gerrard and Carra have to take some of the blame as well. One is our captain and the other one is our first choice centre back and vice captain. It is not as if Carra has been at his brilliant best this season is it?

Would it be a successful season if we finish 20 points behind the champions and win the FA cup? I don't think so.

Gerrard at 27 has ages left and JC at 30 is hardly retirement age so I think thats overplayed.

My whole belief on it is they work with him everyday if they have indeed lost faith then its the most worrying aspect of it all.

But you're right, the press are loving it no doubt. But Bascombe hardly panders to the Enger-lund fans does he.

Ordinarily I'd agree with this but journalists write for an audience. What is the archetypal News of the World reader? White van driving, England fan. That's not to say Bascombe's articles are lies but they are written with an audience in mind, all journalists do that.

Our season and Rafa's future probably rests on the Inter games, we win and we have a massive chance but if we were to lose then the pressure will be cranked up even more.

I won't be surprised if that cunt Hicks comes out and says something stupid about Rafa before the Inter games to crank up the pressure even more.

I wonder what the dressing room environment is like these days, if Bascombe is right about Carra and Gerrard. Torres has backed Rafa, and now Reina is doing it too. Riise has done it and if I remember it correctly then Mascherano is behind him aswell. There's probably more players behind Carra and Gerrard too.

I wonder what the dressing room environment is like these days, if Bascombe is right about Carra and Gerrard. Torres has backed Rafa, and now Reina is doing it too. Riise has done it and if I remember it correctly then Mascherano is behind him aswell. There's probably more players behind Carra and Gerrard too.

I dont think we should read too much into a split between the players. They are as fickle as anyone, we win the CL JC and Stevie are back on side and if we got a top draw replacement if it ever comes to that then Reina, El Jefe and the Kid would be waxing lyrical about them.

Also, the thing about a replacement, managers in jobs and seemingly untouchable would become available as soon as the job came up.

Also, the thing about a replacement, managers in jobs and seemingly untouchable would become available as soon as the job came up.

You think ? Like who? I reckon anyone would think twice before coming to us - given Hicks' conduct over the last few months and the fact that we have more than £30m interest payments every year.

Yeah, who? Who is this mysterious figure that will win us the league playing like Arsenal or Barcelona? On a tight budget I might add, and a whole lot of rebuilding to do if he wants us to play that way.

With an increasingly impatient and intolerant fan base as well.

Going back to the winger debate, Chelsea have been looking for as long as us but despite spending £50m plus their best options are still an inconsistent Wright-Phillips and an out-of-position Joe Cunt.

Sometimes the right level players just aren't available. Ferguson has spent the best part of £100m trying to replace keane and still hasn't done it.

Yeah, who? Who is this mysterious figure that will win us the league playing like Arsenal or Barcelona? On a tight budget I might add, and a whole lot of rebuilding to do if he wants us to play that way.

Don't be stupid. The world's best managers are always available in the middle of the season.

I think the current "fans' favourite" (ie both Rashid and Paul have mentioned him) is Rijkaard. So all we need is for him to be sacked from Barcelona for not doing well enough there and away we go.

I think the current "fans' favourite" (ie both Rashid and Paul have mentioned him) is Rijkaard. So all we need is for him to be sacked from Barcelona for not doing well enough there and away we go.

Ah, but a major contributing factor to Barca's poor form this season has been constant speculation as to him being replaced, and supposed fall outs with major players. So you see, it's not really his fault. Oh..

With an increasingly impatient and intolerant fan base as well.

If Rafa goes, no way on earth the next guy is getting anywhere near 4 years.

Since when has Rijkaard become a management colossus? Or has he done things at Barcelona that nobody else could given the time, money and available squad? *

Clue: I don't think so.

Ah, but a major contributing factor to Barca's poor form this season has been constant speculation as to him being replaced, and supposed fall outs with major players. So you see, it's not really his fault. Oh..

Yet he is still in contention for the league. I'd take Rijkaard like a shot, if not him then Hiddink.

If Rafa goes, no way on earth the next guy is getting anywhere near 4 years.

Since when has Rijkaard become a management colossus? Or has he done things at Barcelona that nobody else could given the time, money and available squad? *

Clue: I don't think so.

He won the league title x 2, and a CL in his first 3 seasons.... his NET spend isn't much worse than Rafa's.