You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

It'd be ridiculously premature to start celebrating the ousting of The Twats just yet, but it's not too early to give some massive respect to Chris B. I was just thinking this afternoon that his story started all of this. He has taken some major shit over the last six months or so, but without him - and crucially, without him having left The Echo where he'd never have been allowed to run his story - we'd be none the wiser to their scheming ways and they might not have been manoeuvred into the position they appear to be in right now where a sale seems like their best and only option.

Regardless of what happens in the next week or so, well in Chris; you're a true Red who's done the club and us, your fellow Reds, proud.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Yep, CB and Rafa have smoked the bastards out and let us all know exactly which way the wind was blowing. If we get rid of Waldorf and Statler, I would be happy to give CB ass to mouth for the rest of his life.

It'd be ridiculously premature to start celebrating the ousting of The Twats just yet, but it's not too early to give some massive respect to Chris B. I was just thinking this afternoon that his story started all of this. He has taken some major shit over the last six months or so, but without him - and crucially, without him having left The Echo where he'd never have been allowed to run his story - we'd be none the wiser to their scheming ways and they might not have been manoeuvred into the position they appear to be in right now where a sale seems like their best and only option.

Regardless of what happens in the next week or so, well in Chris; you're a true Red who's done the club and us, your fellow Reds, proud.

Im with you on that and hopefully if everything turns out for the best then those who werent that kind to him would have the good grace to appologise but lets get everything back on track first

Twat.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I dread to think what would happen if we follow The Hermes Way. Well in Chris B.

You're just an employee on this site Dirkus, its not your job to be questioning Hermes....you just get on with being a Moderator.

Chris like all messengers took the stick cos we didnt like the message he carried the Man has always tried to keep fans in the know and he should get the credit he deserves

If only it wasnt TNOTW Chris. but we cant have everything

A decent hard working true Red

Good Luck and Thank You

Bascombe won't get any credit from a lot of people because he writes for the NotW. I think Barrett deserves some credit too, I think the Klinnsman stuff set all this off.

Agreed, Bascombe got it 'out there' and Barrett struck what will hopefully be a 'killer blow'

Two top reds, two top journos, it's at times like this you need allies and this is exactly what we've got. Well in.

Here, here. That is what most people missed: that had the Litle Baron stayed at the Echo would have been under the same constraints as The Earl, whose interview with hicks, by the way, was exceptionaly handled. A great piece of journalism. He allowed Hicks to kill himself with his own word. We should be thankful that we have two reporters of their standard covering our club.

On a different level, the Count also thought that Duke Doyle's comment piece the day the news broke was quality.

Agreed, Bascombe got it 'out there' and Barrett struck what will hopefully be a 'killer blow'

Two top reds, two top journos, it's at times like this you need allies and this is exactly what we've got. Well in.

I think a number of Red journos have done well in all of this, notably Bascombe and Barrett but lets not forget Kay, Lawton and Joyce.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I think a number of Red journos have done well in all of this, notably Bascombe and Barrett but lets not forget Kay, Lawton and Joyce.

Indeed Dave, Tony at the Echo has played a blinder in the last couple of weeks, but Kay has dropped out a couple of very well timed and aimed pieces also. That Lawton piece last weekend was also a good read and stirred our red blood.

Hopefully not counting our chickens but all of the guys mentioned will be thought of fondly if the Dilly Sisters are finally seen off.

Just in passing , noticed the Echo drinks/ restaurant guy ( It might have been that blueshite Shennan ) saying in a review a week or two back that he had been that weekend to Bascombe's wedding. Might be on honeymoon which may explain his being quiet recently as things have hotted up.

Spot on. It makes me furious reading some of the shite which has been angled his way.

It also makes me furious reading that Rafa threw his 'dummy out of his pram' back in November. It is surely quite obvious for everyone now that he was attempting to smoke the Americans out, like he did last summer with Bascombe's help (probably the reason we bought Torres).

Bascombe wrote in that article before he went to the NOTW that there is a hardcore of 'conservative' fans following us. Hopefully now those fans realise that just sitting back and watching as things tick over isn't always the best possible cause of response and sometimes 'The Liverpool Way' isn't always appropriate.

Even if we ultimately can't force the Americans out at least we have a chance and know the truth about our owners. Rafael Benitez and Chris Bascombe have stuck their heads on the chopping blocks for us and I will be eternally grateful to them for helping the club out in one of our darkest hours.