You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

Whats going on here lately, as soon as you state an opinion your jumped on from a great height.

It is not about your opinion mate, it is very much about the state of our club.

Tom Hicks being a cunt all the time, large interest payments every year, pressure from the fans to win the title, new stadium still in the air, speculation about the owners themselves, useless CEO, a few rubbish players = it will be a HUGE task for any new manager. In my opinion, these will be the reasons why any manager will think hard and long about coming to us.

Getting a new manager would set us back atleast 3 years anyway.

People can dress it up as they like, but Barca pre Rijkaard and post Rijkaard is a night and day difference. I'd take him and then install a Sporting Director above him someone like Kenny.

Pre and Post Laporta actually.

If Laporta had got in a few years earlier maybe Sparta wouldn't have been relegated

People can dress it up as they like, but Barca pre Rijkaard and post Rijkaard is a night and day difference. I'd take him and then install a Sporting Director above him someone like Kenny.

You might aswell just written "I wont take any criticism of Rijkaard, he's perfect, he's never made a mistake and the Barca supporters are obviously lieing"

Heres one of the posts from Spanish Fan :

This is probably the best squad in our history. Last year we threw the league away against a very average side who were struggling for more than half a season when Capello was getting rid of the Galacticos mentality. We went to Getafe in the Spanish Cup semifinal and blew a 3 goal lead. Rijkaard tactical approach against Liverpool was awful. The players too many times switch off during games (remember Liverpool first goal at the Camp Nou with nobody in front of the free kick taker), and the fitness levels of the players are poor. We get by because we have a lot of talent in the squad but I don't think the coach is getting the best out of it.

Agreed.

Rijkaard is a poor manager blessed with an amazing squad, anyone who thinks he is getting the most out that team knows shit all about football.

And you know that a "coach" in Europe has a different role to a "manager" in England. And you know Rafa thought he was being employed in the role of a "manager" rather than a "coach". So why make that comment?

Did you really need to ask that question?

Harsh on Rijkaard.

Crediting a president for all the success is a bit silly. Will you criticise Laporta if they fail to win anything this season?

I'm not crediting him with all the success but to say the difference in Barcelona is down to Rijkaard is clearly bollocks.

Laporta was the one who wiped the clubs debt, he's the one who re-structured the club, him and Sandro Rossell were the ones responsible for recruiting players like Ronaldinho and Deco (although Rijkaard did request Davids).

The success of Barcelona wasn't dependant on the appointment of Rijkaard.

I'm not crediting him with all the success but to say the difference in Barcelona is down to Rijkaard is clearly bollocks.

Laporta was the one who wiped the clubs debt, he's the one who re-structured the club, him and Sandro Rossell were the ones responsible for recruiting players like Ronaldinho and Deco (although Rijkaard did request Davids).

The success of Barcelona wasn't dependant on the appointment of Rijkaard.

You are right. Your original post seemed to suggest that their sucess were all due to Laporta.

Laporta ran the whole club the way it should be run and Rijkaard coached the players to achieve success. Credit to both of them.

Wish I could say the same about my club.

Anyone who want's Rijkaard loses the right to question the potential appointment of Klinsmann, the only difference between the two at the same stage was Klinsmann never got a team relegated.

Except Rijkaard has won things as a club coach aqnd Klinsmann hasn't. We aren't talking about appointing Rijkaard the novice, but Rijkaard the Barcelona manager, dumbo.

We need a manager that can motivate and command the respect of all the playing staff. We need players that when they were the liver bird upon their chests, are willing to give it their all to win.

We need owners who care about the traditions and future of the club.

Simple!

Surely Rijkard is not a suitable replacement if Rafa goes, he won the league an champs league with a super team. Rafa did basically the same but with less funds and a far poorer squad.

To be realistically regarded as a title challenger we would need someone like mourinho, capello (obviously not available), someone with a track record of winning trophies, not necesseraly all with big teams like barca

Also the same people deriding Rijkaard will they do the same for Rafa's achievements at Valencia given he signed nobody there?

But you see, those people don't have to. YOU are the one constantly criticising the manager, yet seeking to replace him with someone at whom many of the same criticisms can be levelled. It is up to you to explain the differences (bar the sexy, sexy football) to everyone else.