You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

Django Unchained....a cracking 9 pistols out of 10

Samsara, more of a silent documentary than a film, but stunning nonetheless.8 pictures out of 10.

Life of Pi, enjoyable enough, 8 Bengal tigers out of 10.

Guest Pistonbroke
Searching for Sugarman 9/10

Great documentary and excellent music too.

Downloaded that the other week, i shall give it a go this evening.

Oz The Great And Powerful - 8.5 out of 10.

One of the best kids films I have seen over the last few years. I think it's because the original is burned into my consciousness after watching it so much as a kid. My 9 year old nephew also loved it.

Michelle Williams is stunning in it, she's like Rita Hayworth or one of those other really glamourous movie stars from the 1940's.

Wasn't it just. I found myself really wanting to twat the creepy little twat.

It was fucking nuts, so many questions left unanswered like how can that family be so fucking dumb and what the hell happened to that kid to turn him in to such a loon. Totally bizarre.

Argo.

Immense. A 'proper' film like Hollywood used to make before it went shit. OK, there's still a few unnecessary plot 'signposts' for the hard of thinking. But that said, the cast (Alan Arkin can do no wrong in my eyes) and scene-setting is top class. Affleck is one gifted director - very much in the vein of Robert Altman's naturalistic almost voyeristic style to me at least. Aye, so: Proper film.

9.23/10

Any good private detective movie suggestions? I watched Devil In A Blue Dress the other night (8/10 if you must know) and realised how much I enjoy films about some guy going round trying to find out what's going on and fucking shit up.

I've seen and loved Angel Heart, Brick, The Long Goodbye and of course Chinatown. Any other must sees?

And by way of inspiration, here's what Hall & Oates have to say on the matter:

[YOUTUBE]anLfoy2XsFw[/YOUTUBE]

Any good private detective movie suggestions? I watched Devil In A Blue Dress the other night (8/10 if you must know) and realised how much I enjoy films about some guy going round trying to find out what's going on and fucking shit up.

I've seen and loved Angel Heart, Brick, The Long Goodbye and of course Chinatown. Any other must sees?

Vertigo

Kiss Me Deadly, The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon.

Bladerunner

L.A. Confidential.

Vertigo

Kiss Me Deadly, The Big Sleep and The Maltese Falcon.

Bladerunner

L.A. Confidential.

Thanks gang. I've seen Bladerunner and L.A Confidential, forgot about those. The rest will go on my list.

Also been watching Bored To Death, but I should probably take that over to one of the TV threads. Good stuff though. I'd bloody love to be a private detective, albeit an utterly shit one. Maybe I'll just start stalking people instead...