You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stand Up For The Dying Kop

Steve

The fact is wherever you sit at the match, your surrounded by people who dont want to sing. Surrounded by people filming Gerrard or Torres. Surrounded by people laughing at the 'hilarious' anti-scouse songs sung by away fans. Surrounded by people clutching liverworld bags full of gear. If this sounds full of generalisations and negativity, tough its fuckin true.

The depressing thing is for the first time in years im starting to jib going to the game with alarming regularity and instead sitting in the pub with me mates watching it on some dodgy greek channel. To quote renton, its a shite state of affairs.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hardly go the game, but borrowed my uncles ST for the bolton game in block 207. I love to sing my guts out, wherever i am in the ground and I couldn't believe the general, near silence in and around that block!? I got the feeling that most around me, were older fans who had, had their ST for donkeys years and just couldn't be arsed, (my uncle may be included in that too)!

I may be wrong of course, but whatever their reasons, i think its a damn shame they don't want to take part, interact with the team and maintain anfields famous, fearsome reputation.

I think that the fact that kids are priced out of the game now is definatley having and will have a detrimental effect.

Oh and loads seemed to leave before the end too!???

does anyone remember brucie trying to get the kop going whilst warming up along the paddock? V ipswich 3RD.TO LAST GAME of the STANDING KOP. it was 0-0 the atmospher was shite, Brusie was sub and during 2nd. half waved his arms around and tryed to get us going. Dicks got a pen at the kop end to win 1-0. shithouse of a player to get the last red goal in front of a standing kop...........so it wasn,t allways a cracking atmosphere...norwich 93/94 was TOP.

ALLSO....if george just started ynwa,get the crowd started. then stop it,to let the crowd take over. you see to many robots stood there,scarve above their head like their in a school play or church. PARKHEAD DOES IT SO MUCH BETTER, AND ITS OUR SONG, IT DOES YOUR HEAD IN

Thats not a bad idea but imagine the humiliation if it tailed off. This Celtic thing, we always see them at it for Rangers and European games, but what about kilmarnock and Inverness at home? Bet its not too impressive then.

Tell you why the atmosphere is not what it once was.

The price to get in is huge compared to the days of the standing kop. You used to able to turn up and pay on the gate and half the crowd would have been on the ale all morning as the games were usually at 3.00 on a saturday.

The standing kop,£8 pay on the gate.1993/94. got a ticket for the norwich game from a tout.[but the chelsea game at home gave you a token to give you first chance of the norwich LAST GAME OF A STANDING KOP] THE NEWCASTLE GAME 2ND. TO LAST GAME WAS £8.00 PAY ON THE GATE. BRING BACK THEM DAYS.TRAIN TO LIME STREET,TAXI TO ANFIELD, ON THE PISS PUKA PIE AND CHIPS INTO THE KOP,LOADS OF CHANTS,SWAYING AND LOVING LFC....

I agree the word reclaim seems to cause the problem with some fans. Some people read it as a scouse thing, and that obviously will cause offence.

I seem to remember it being about "reclaiming" it from the new-age seal-clapping, who-are-ya pricks who are infesting the support, rather than fans from Shropshire or anywhere in particular.

Guest Craigo

The price of a game shouldnt count for anything. I would pay any amount to watch a game. And i would sing my heart out. To be fair to most it comes down to who is around them, and if they are in a quiet part of the ground then it will be poor. Hopefully if they are in the kop or otherwise then they will join the rest of us and sing their fucking heart out.