You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Phantom Menace

Section_31

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone would like it if they watched it with the same eyes they watched a new hope, empire, and jedi with.

You're so wrong on so many levels there I'm not even going to begin arguing with you. Well, maybe a bit and then only ineptly.

There's no way of backing up this argument unless you were, for example, 28 years old watching the Star Wars trilogy (the holy one) for the first time but let's imagine for a second that that was me. Superb, excellent Han, Luke , Chewie all kick ass motherfuckers doing what they can (despite some, I'm looking at you Solo, going against there baser instincts) to defeat the evil Empire. An Empire ruled by the biggest baddest blackest weeziest cunt in the whole of Christendom...so to speak.

No Space ship is cooler than the Millenium Falcon. No one person in entire rest of the "saga" is as downright fucking cynical as Han Solo. " There's no mystic force trying to control My destiny" Is right Han. Where the fuck was that in the Prequels? More concerned with Jedi's not fucking around with girls than getting on and saving the galaxy.

I mean let's face it Yoda's a complete fucking bore who can't construct coherent sentences. Something I share with him admittedly. But honestly in the "prequels" he's a nightmare to be around. He's like a staunch Catholic Mother who know's what you're up to even though you're two rooms apart.

I mean come on, Luke might have been a bit of a drip but compare him with Anakin? This is the former person of Darth "fuck you" Vader? Wetting himself over slightly killing a few incoherent socially inept sand people? Darth had one of his Star Destroyer commanders oblitorated into tiny chunks before his cold metallic helmet and didn't bat an eyelid. These are the same people????

Darth Maul, General Grevious (sic)? Dracula, are these as good villains as even Grand Moff Tarkin? Fuck that. Bag of Wank.

I'm going to stop now before I make a point.

• 1 year later...
Yeah Darth Maul is quality, and as you say completely underused.

Jar Jar Binks fucks me up.

Is the right answer. It's not necessarily a bad film, but Binks is the epitomy of sh*t. I'm talking the post-kebab, really smelly, sloppy stuff too.

As regards the original both Peter Cushing & Alec Guinness were absolute top-quality actors, then again The Phantom Menace had the legend that is Brian Blessed.

Had the scriptwriters had any nous they'd have got Boss Nass to utter "Gordon's Alive". Killer line.