You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you didn't know Lehman is a cock...

Spy Bee

Lehmann issues threat to Wenger

Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has warned he may publicly air his grievances with Arsene Wenger if he does not play soon.

Lehmann's errors and injuries at the start of the season gave Manuel Almunia his chance and he is now first-choice ahead of the fit-again German stopper.

The 37-year-old told German TV channel Premiere: "I think - and this is aimed at my dear manager - one shouldn't humiliate players for too long.

"It's possible that some day I'll feel like talking about the whole issue."

Lehmann's comments come after he was left out of the Arsenal squad against Bolton last Saturday - a game he expected to play in after impressing for Germany earlier this month.

But Wenger, who dropped Lehmann after he gifted Blackburn an equaliser in the 1-1 draw on 19 August, stuck with Almunia and put young keeper Lukasz Fabianski on the bench.

"At the moment I'm just swallowing it all as part of the humiliation. That's something one has to take in, " Lehmann said.

"But I'm an Arsenal player and I won't just fade away quietly."

Lehmann is also bemused by Wenger's statement that he has three "world-class" goalkeepers to pick from.

"One of them must be me," he suggested. "The other two have proved their class by winning titles? If I think about that, I can't recall any. I guess today you're nevertheless world-class." ( :ermm: )

Lehmann won the Uefa Cup in 1997 with Schalke 04, the Bundesliga title in 2002 with Borussia Dortmund and the Premier League with Arsenal in 2004.

And he made it clear he feels he should still be the number one at the Emirates Stadium.

"I'm convinced that I'll be playing again. Almunia has not yet showed that he can win matches for us," Lehmann added.

"I've experienced this situation before and know what the others are expecting from the goalkeeper. I can't imagine he'll be able to handle that."

Lehmann has always been mental though. He was mental at Milan, he was mental at Dortmund, and he's carried on being mental at Arsenal.

he was a madman in the bundesliga wasnt he, the most red cards for either a goalie or a footballer in the history of the league?

he's nuts but he's funny, better than him saying "oh manuels doing a great job, i just have to get my head down and train hard and see what happens, blah blah blah"

the fact that this its another clubs keeper makes it easier for appreciation of its funny nature though.

he was a madman in the bundesliga wasnt he' date=' the most red cards for either a goalie or a footballer in the history of the league?

he's nuts but he's funny, better than him saying "oh manuels doing a great job, i just have to get my head down and train hard and see what happens, blah blah blah"

the fact that this its another clubs keeper makes it easier for appreciation of its funny nature though.[/quote']

Exactly. I bet most of his Arsenal team mates find this a hilarious laugh as well.

Lehman and Almunia are both accidents waiting to happen.

Almunia looks (and frequently plays) like a smackhead. Lehman is just an utter cock, as shown above.

I think - and this is aimed at my dear manager - one shouldn't humiliate players for too long.

Ooooh, get her.

At the moment I'm just swallowing it all as part of the humiliation.

"... but enough about my private life," he continued.

"Almunia has not yet showed that he can win matches for us,"

... well apart from those matches we've won recently, I mean.

"I've experienced this situation before and know what the others are expecting from the goalkeeper."

"You know, things like not getting sent off 18 minutes into the Champion's League final. Not letting in shite goals against Blackburn. Stuff like that. Oh. Fuck."

It seems like his time is coming to an end there. I can't see how Wenger will embrace him again, apart from Almunia having a bad injury. I think Arsenal will buy another goalie soon. Hopefully it will be of the Richard Wright calibre, because that looks like the one clear area of their team that can be improved to me.