You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul

Series 2, probably still edges it for being the best of the three (I enjoyed 3 but felt unwhelmed by the final episode after such a great build up)

But yes, she is very very irritating (but then I suppose she was supposed to be)

I really liked series 3, except for Miguel.. his accent really annoyed me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching seasons 1+2 this week. Had gotten them as a Christmas gift and finally decided to watch one on Monday. Needless to say it's now Thursday and I've blown through 24 episodes.

Great show. Amazing character. Can't wait for season 3 now.

Season 1 & 2 are both brilliant & build to awesome endings.

I felt a bit underwhelmded by 3 with introducing Miguel into the 'ritual' as it was obvious it was going to end in tears. Also, felt there should have been more on 'The Skinner' & given him a better back story.

Just read Dexter is married to Deborah in real life. Incestous bastards. I'd rather have had Rita.

Edited by Paulie Gualtier

Season 1 & 2 are both brilliant & build to awesome endings.

I felt a bit underwhelmded by 3 with introducing Miguel into the 'ritual' as it was obvious it was going to end in tears. Also, felt there should have been more on 'The Skinner' & given him a better back story.

Just read Dexter is married to Deborah in real life. Incestous bastards. I'd rather have had Rita.

Agreed ;)

benzopengo2.jpg

juliebenzpunisher.jpg

juliebenz001.jpg

• 2 months later...
Season 3 finished last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it .

No plot spoilers yet

Did anyone watch this as there does not seem to be a specific thread for series 3 ?

Yep, I watched it when it aired in the US, love the show. I wasn't expecting too much from this season as I was unsure where they could take it but I enjoyed it a lot and the ending was once again superb.

• 1 month later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
3 was better than 2 IMO

Not even close, in my humble. Season 2 of Dexter was the finest. I really liked seeing Jimmy Smits, and it is my second favourite season, but during season 2 I felt genuine suspense. That is very rare these days. When they had his box of slides and asked him what they were and he replied 'trophies', I thought he'd been done for.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that if season 4 is as good as season 1, 2 or 3, we'll have a fine show on our hands.

3 was better than 2 IMO

Overall I agree, but I felt it took ages to establish the central conflict of the plot. Thankfully, the other characters are engaging enough to sustain it - especially Angel's hats. I've been on the look out for a decent Pork Pie/Trilby for years and he has about five per show.

Mr rb14 and I have interupted our viewing of Madmen in favour of Dexter. We're now half-way through Series 2.

For us, Series 1 was a very mixed bag. There were times when we were saying "great episode" and others where we were dumbstruck at just how weak it had been.

Series 2 has been a welcome improvement and we're about half-way through now. For the first time, we watched two episodes in one sitting, a feat regularly witnessed during viewings of Sopranos, Wire, Oz and, of course, Six Feet Under.

We both think he makes a far better bender than he does a hetty.